The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy that I found a half-dozen big Taste of Home cookbooks, plus two Christmas cookie magazines. (I need more cookbooks like a moose needs a hatrack because I have over 4,000). The cookbooks were on a huge sale, which makes them even better. I've bookmarked enough recipes to keep us eating something new for a couple of years!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy that I found a half-dozen big Taste of Home cookbooks, plus two Christmas cookie magazines. (I need more cookbooks like a moose needs a hatrack because I have over 4,000). The cookbooks were on a huge sale, which makes them even better. I've bookmarked enough recipes to keep us eating something new for a couple of years!
As a big cookbook fan, I'm glad to hear that. Among my cookbook treasures are several I inherited from my mom, which have many cherished family recipes as well as quite a few shared by friends. I also have a very special cookbook from a former boyfriend (don't really know what to call him; we're still in touch. But anyway) of recipes from his country, hardly any of which I could eat but all of which are interesting. Other friends have given me cookbooks as well, from various places in the world. All are fascinating!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I started getting a sore throat yesterday. Not positive, I know... But this morning, I woke up to find a half-gallon tub of BlueBell coffee ice cream in the freezer! Now, that's positive! Hubby scores! Ice cream for the win!
Blue bell ice cream is the best ice cream in the world! And a great sore throats remedy as well. I wish I could get it where I live now. What's your flavor?

-Mia-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Blue bell ice cream is the best ice cream in the world! And a great sore throats remedy as well. I wish I could get it where I live now. What's your flavor?
Yes, my throat feels wonderful! I'm pretty simple. I like the coffee flavor best. We also get Cookies and Cream, the Great Divide... and some seasonal flavors when they're available.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I ususally have a really long commute to and from work, but today, miraculously, there was hardly any traffic coming home! AND I got to leave work 20 mins early. So, even though it got dark earlier, I felt like I had a little extra time this evening to relax and hang out with my dog and kitties!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazon reviews are awesome. A while back, I won an Amazon gift card on this site and used it to buy cat toys. I figured it was their money more than mine since they're the reason I'm on this site in the first place. I checked out reviews and found out some of the toys are horribly dangerous and steered clear of them.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my co-workers gave me a really nice and heartwarming compliment at arrival this morning.
I feel blessed to lead/be part of a team of young people with different competences and weaknesses, but with an amazing dedication to do what's right and with integrity as their leading value.
And some of them are cat lovers too...

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a full week of grey skies and rain, the sun (it's the big yellow thing which hangs in the sky now and then for those of you in Seattle or Portland) magically appeared, revealing the latest Autumn I've ever seen, in all her glory. Even the squirrels seem happier today, and the windows here are filled with cats, chattering at the birds and windblown leaves. Deo gratias!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a full week of grey skies and rain, the sun (it's the big yellow thing which hangs in the sky now and then for those of you in Seattle or Portland) magically appeared, revealing the latest Autumn I've ever seen, in all her glory. Even the squirrels seem happier today, and the windows here are filled with cats, chattering at the birds and windblown leaves. Deo gratias!
That same big yellow thing is visible from my office in Belgium, and is setting now ; it's beauty connects people around the world
IMG_20171106_170055.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My maternal grandmother, who was a powerfully spiritual woman, used to say, "Thoughts are THINGS!" and what she meant by that is that our thoughts have a lot of power to influence our lives. If we think negatively, our lives have the tendency to BE negative and accidents can and do happen. If we think positively and focus not on "cloud-cuckoo land" but on real positive things in the world and in our own lives, for instance, our power to do things to help others and ourselves, it tends to build on itself, and we become stronger, happier people. Try it! Everyone can do something to make this messed-up world less messed-up. Who or what do you care for deeply?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That same big yellow thing is visible from my office in Belgium, and is setting now ; it's beauty connects people around the world
View attachment 203917
mama africa mama africa - What a wonderful, evocative photograph! Bruxelles is such a beautiful city - it sometimes makes me wish that I still travelled. Eat a chocolate for me, won't you? Wait - you'd better make that two chocolates - I'm suddenly hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.