The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Despite a bit more snow overnight, and cooler temperatures, it's brilliantly sunny here this morning, and the wind chill index has climbed above 0º F (that's -18º for the 99% of the world using the Metric System), and I'm looking forward to seeing all the TCS members' beautiful Holiday Kitties, in this month's photo contest!
I’m also looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions for the photo contest! I love the Holiday Kitties theme. I think TCS photo contests are great in that they really bring us together as a community, and that’s an especially pawsitive thing during the Christmas season! The only problem is, I’m having trouble choosing just one picture! :)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's so positive that you're taking care of the dog. We had to give up a dog once when I was a kid. The neighbors didn't like that he was a pit bull German shepherd mix. He was poisoned 3 times and we managed to pull him out of it, but we had to accept the fact that we couldn't protect him and he wasn't safe. The cops wouldn't help because they said we had no evidence. He was always a nice, sweet dog but people are prejudiced. It was heartbreaking. So I'm really glad your foster dog is gonna be safe and not lose his kids.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine
That's a beautiful photo. I grew up camping and canoing every summer for 2 weeks and some years 3 weeks. Ontario has so many lakes and rivers it is such a beautiful place to live. I am fortunate to be surrounded by so much natural beauty.

I should point out those Far North photos are not in Ontario.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - I didn't think so - and even asked if it was Baffin Island (Nunavut), but I managed to insert my post between your quotes somehow, making it impossible to find without expanding your original quoted message. jcat jcat noticed it, and was kind enough to remedy the post:

Shane Kent Shane Kent - Baffin Island? Lovely scenery, that. Only saw the white bears once, at the end of the Nelson River, many years ago. Lord, those are wonderful photos.
but this thread moves so quickly, thankfully, that it disappeared from sight like a Polar Bear in a snowstorm.

You're fortunate indeed to have grown up in an environment so filled with natural beauty. Long years ago, I enjoyed Algonquin and Boundary Waters, until they grew so overcrowded that I set off further north when Summers came along, to see the boreal forests through the eyes of the Fawn, the Winisk, the Ekwan, the Attawapiskat, the Albany, and Lower Missinaibi, and later, in your neighbouring Province, the Nelson, the Churchill, the Hayes and the Seal. Never got to see the Ellice, a little [;)] further north - the one river I wouldn't paddle alone.

Pawsitivity: I enjoyed every minute on every river I ever paddled.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine
I'm not sure which Island as they did 2 places that summer maybe 3. I know some of the guys had issues as it was extremely isolated there. I wish I could have went and most of them don't like to talk about it. I guess like the polar bears, it's a Pawsitive thing they didn't kill each other.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m feeling pawsitive because the kittens are having a great day. They’re currently napping, and I cannot believe how big they’ve gotten! They’re almost four months old now.
A few of my friends decided they wanted to buy presents for my furbabies. I was pleasantly surprised to find cat toys and cat treats among my gifts. They’ve been thoroughly enjoying them.
We also started harness training. They were very good about wearing their harnesses loosely, and I’m very proud. Hopefully soon they can come with me when I go to Petco!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Happy Holidays everyone. 8 weeks ago an 11 month old kitten followed me home. I didn't plan on keeping her but I fell in love with her right away. At her vet check up they thought she had an abdominal mass. Wanted to do exploratory surgery. I declined. The mass turned out to be 5 kittens. 4 are 8 weeks today. One passed away. That story another time. What a blessing her family is to me. I think I'm keeping all the kittens and of course the Mom. This site has been a girl's best friend. Thanks to all. R.I.P. Kerwin
What kind of vet would mistake a pregnant cat for having a tumor? Glad you did not want to have surgery done but have new kitties in the word instead. Hope you don't go to that vet again, he sounds like he is not competent.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It may sound weird, but one day I saw a cat walking on the top of a fence. It was common cat, perhaps feral one. I do not know. I was on my path to a challenging encounter, after a sleepless night. Not big deal, but still a lot of emotion. That black and white cat made me thinking to the simplicity and beauty of everything in life.

I agree, is not saving the world, not either a spectacular moment. But feeling the peace of life in a cat walk was something nice, difficult to explain.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
A positive thing- I finally lost some weight after the extreme bike riding since October..lost 15 pounds= also changed my eating- to only whole foods- buy raw goods and cook at home- I was following weight watchers and not a pound came off until I stopped eating HFCS (high f corn syrup). Seems now I know what the trigger is- I now eat angel hair pasta instead of potato chips/crackers and now I love whole foods- Had fried food last night and it turned my stomach-good is I won't be eating any of that in a long time...Love seeing these posts! Keep up the good work!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I got to spend the morning with a whirlwind - a 16-week-old Labrador/Corgi (or maybe Dachshund) named Naomi. She grabbed utensils out of the dishwasher, tore the trash apart, ripped up a cardboard box, and absconded with a bag of cat treats. She couldn't have been any cuter. :flail: Puppies just wanna have fun!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ashouldnt Ashouldnt -- tofu is so versatile! It takes on the flavor of anything you put it in, like soy sauce, spice blends, etc. and you can use it like ground beef, crumbling it up into the sauce. Or you can saute it in sauce and oil and spices. Whatever dishes you love, just put tofu in them instead of meat. You can also cube tofu and put it in salads -- it will take on the flavor of the dressing you put over it.
Another day -- Friday, my favorite day! -- to help cats and kittens. My tortoiseshell laptop is curled on my lap, helping to keep us both warm while I work.

Status
Not open for further replies.