The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just finished making my friend a clay ornament she requested. It was my first time doing clay flowers. I think it turned out pretty well, besides the basic shape getting a bit muddled after it stuck to the table and I had to pull it off. :crazy:
I love sculpting, it is so relaxing and allows me an outlet for my creativity. I enjoy practicing it and hope to improve with time.

8C220C7D-7293-41FF-850A-0A39C7B4A3B2.jpeg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sweet Lilith has been sleeping with me every night lately. When I go to bed, I call her, "Lily, do you want to come snuggle?" She runs in and takes her spot next to me in the bed. She has her favorite pillow that she uses and she stays right by my side until it's time to get up. :cloud9:

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! I eat it all the time. The key with tofu is to get the right texture & flavour combination. A lot of people don't like it because it has that 'spongy' texture. I like to coat it in olive oil and cornstarch before frying or baking it to make it nice & crispy. As far as flavour goes, it just takes on the flavour of whatever you're cooking it with :) one of my favourites is a vegetable and tofu stirfry!
That sounds so delicious! Stir fry is one of my favourite dishes. It’s so tasty but easy and quick to make.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
One more week to go for the shelter's Christmas donation tree. Our Tino is the one pulling the most heartstrings. He's around 10 or 11, semi-feral, and FIV+, so his adoption chances are very poor.

Tino:

Tino 2.jpg

He's got it good at the shelter, though, after years of roughing it. He and his best friend, Ollie (around 8 or 9, semi-feral, also FIV+, and also with a chronic eye infection) have a large cat room to themselves, with the best catio in the house. They get lots of love and attention from the staff, and now they've got a good supply of their favorite food (rather expensive 100% tuna for cats).

Ollie:

Oli 2.jpg

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we've won the battle with the fleas again. Now hopefully we won't have to treat them again til spring. Flea meds are pricey. I think they come into the building on the neighbor's dog and find my babies from there. The neighbors should probably treat her so she stops bringing them inside. It would be a lot cheaper for them to keep the fleas off their one dog than for us to keep treating four cats.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One more week to go for the shelter's Christmas donation tree. Our Tino is the one pulling the most heartstrings. He's around 10 or 11, semi-feral, and FIV+, so his adoption chances are very poor.

Tino:

View attachment 210218

He's got it good at the shelter, though, after years of roughing it. He and his best friend, Ollie (around 8 or 9, semi-feral, also FIV+, and also with a chronic eye infection) have a large cat room to themselves, with the best catio in the house. They get lots of love and attention from the staff, and now they've got a good supply of their favorite food (rather expensive 100% tuna for cats).

Ollie:

View attachment 210219
OMG those faces! Those are the kind of cats I'd give my last penny to just to make them happy. Glad to hear everyone else feels the same way and they've got their favorite tuna.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
OMG those faces! Those are the kind of cats I'd give my last penny to just to make them happy. Glad to hear everyone else feels the same way and they've got their favorite tuna.
It's been a real joy to see their progress. Both of them were loners that hid from people when they arrived separately at the shelter. Now they cuddle together and ask for scritches from the people they know.

Tino3.jpg

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Caturday, and my husband got up to feed Mowgli so I could "sleep in" till 6 a.m.. :sleepycat: Mowgli, of course, goes back to bed after breakfast.
Life of a cat owner, eh? :lol:

Of course this cat sitter won't be sleeping in for another few weeks. I'm on cat sitting duty every day until January 7th right now! :silver: But in the spirit of this thread, I also wouldn't have it any other way. I am SO blessed to have this business that I do, and to have it thrive like I have this year! I have the privilege of taking care of several special needs kitties also. They are the reason I got into this :redheartpump:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Tino:

View attachment 210218

Ollie:

View attachment 210219
It is heartwarming to see (on their little faces) that Tino and Ollie have left their rough life behind and are getting used to a VIP treatment in the shelter. You are doing a great job !

lisnya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is such a wonderful idea!

I found some tiny bells yesterday and grabbed them for my foster kittens. They were so small they lose them everywhere but today it occurred to me to put one in a small box that won't fit under the couch. They're currently losing their minds over it and it's such a joy to watch!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a wonderful lazy morning, my very first post ever !!! This site is amazing
M MoonBeamxx - Welcome to TCS; what a beautiful little girl you have there!

The snow here on the south shore of Lake Ontario seems finally to have abated, leaving the woods softly shrouded in white, and glimmering in the sunlight. With our forecast temperatures, it won't last, of course, but for now...

snowdec16.jpg

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I got a Secret Santa gift for the kitties in the mail! It was a Meowbox full of toys and treats. There was a greeting for the kitties but no note from the sender. It's a mystery so far as to which of our friends or family sent it.

IMG_3267.jpg

Ozzy picked through the goodies and made off with the tuna toy.

IMG_3272.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many wonderful posts about cats being adopted and loved! M MoonBeamxx , welcome to TCS to you and your gorgeous torti! *I'm somewhat partial to tortis, as I have a laptop right now who's black and gold and keeping me warm*
CATurday! Watered the plants and did all the usual morning stuff. Working away for cats and enjoying the day!
IMG_0836.JPG
Tarifa tortleshell in her new purple cat bed up in the Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.