The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My pies are baked, and my turkey is almost thawed...he's sitting in cold water in the sink. I think about another hour. All I have left to do tonight is to bake a pan of cornbread to make stuffing/dressing with (I dress, not stuff). OH, and the regular bread is on a platter getting stale! VERY important for Cornbread Dressing.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There's stuffing here too but on the side as well :)
I just got the pie out of the oven, with a slightly burned edge in one spot - someone said that makes it official that it's a homemade and not storebought version LOL

Positive, that the weather today was amazing, and I saw a completely darling little orange and white sweetheart waiting to be adopted in Petco today. I let her chew on a corner of my leather wallet LOL. I am sending up hope and prayers that she finds a loving, patient and kind family :heartshape:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent yeah, well, all of us in IT in any way feel that way about it, I'm pretty sure. It's like everything STOPS!!! and you wonder how you're going to SURVIVE! :shocked::fear::gaah:so then you start thinking about alternative things to do while you wait, but you can't because EVERYTHING revolves around ELECTRICITY. :sigh: So you spend the time on your smartphone calling the power company and then wandering around like a 2-year-old kid whose mom lost it in the mall. :bawling2:
The PAWSitive? Eventually you do power up once again. Your fingers find the keys again. And you're back in business.
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 I'm deciding whether to make lentil soup or minestrone-ish soup tomorrow. Because "thanksgiving" is not a holiday for me. But soup is a PAWSitive!:yummy:
Yes soup is pawsitive! I really like ministrone.

Went to the doctor's office today expecring to pay $99 but it was covered. That was a nice surprise!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes soup is pawsitive! I really like ministrone.

Went to the doctor's office today expecring to pay $99 but it was covered. That was a nice surprise!
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Since I have no Italian ancestry, I just call it 'minestrone-ish' and I don't follow any recipe - I just throw in whatever vegetables I have. It always turns out great, though. I wish I had some sourdough, but I don't, so I'll have whole wheat with it.
That's great! Saving $$$ is always a major win, isn't it?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been in a pretty good mood the last couple of days even at work. I don't hate my job, I've just been having a lot of sensory issues lately, but I've done well this week. I've been living with my parents since last Wednesday while my apartment gets fixed up after getting flooded and I'm a little disappointed that I seem to do better emotionally when I live with my parents since I'm 32 years old. Or maybe it isn't even my parents and it's just the hour-long commute to and from work every day gives me the chance to decompress before I even get home. :dunno: Either way, I've been in a good mood this week, so I'm going to take it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My apple pies just came out of the oven. It smells amazing in here! The pumpkin pies are almost cool. I'm not sure where I'm going to store them tonight. They might need to go in my car. :lol: I've got a game plan for the morning but I might go ahead and chop celery and onions tonight while I've still got a little Dunkin coffee running through my veins. ;)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! We won't be cooking until tomorrow. Today we go see my dad n his girlfriend. they have family coming over. It should be a good time.

This morning Honeybee is snuggled right in with her papa Jon. She likes being under the covers. She hasn't attacked anymore paper towels though :lol:

20181122_072829.jpg

It's very cold out now! 5°!I'm actually cold and turned up the furnace!:yess: For warm heat!

It's funny you guys talking about the power going out. I usually just turn on my camp light and read a book or bug the cats. Or eat something :lol2:Then go sleep it off. It is weird when the power is off. I'm so used to noise and light from the tv that when it's pff it's eery. If it is warm I will get dressed and head outside to look around. In the summer I like to climb up on the roof and lay down and stare at the stars. I just really love the outdoors except for days like today when it's 5°!

A pawsitive is my friend over the way baked some pies yesterday and she wants me to have one. So we will have Dutch apple pie for dessert tomorrow! It's been a long time since I have had homemade apple pie . Now to get vanilla icecream. Something about warm apple and vanilla ice cream! :yummy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --I assume your dessert bars had chocolate in them? Peanut Butter is much more pawsitive! ;)

neely neely --Great, I've been eating Romaine lettuce all week on my sandwiches. What are the symptoms of Ecoli? I take a lot of herbs anyway, so I'll probably be OK.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Pretty sparkling snow pic. Hope you & Karen have a Happy Thanksgiving today! Oh wait, is Thanksgiving on a different day in Canada? :headscratch:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --You have me craving soup now. :yummy:

foxxycat foxxycat --Enjoy your meal with your dad. Sweet pic of Honeybee & Jon.:redheartpump:

Positive: Yesterday was pasta day. I firmly believe that a plate of pasta a day keeps the doctor away. It's hard to believe I have zero Italian in me. Mostly just German, English, French, and Dutch. I think I must have a hidden Italian ancestor in there somewhere. :D

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive: Yesterday was pasta day. I firmly believe that a plate of pasta a day keeps the doctor away. It's hard to believe I have zero Italian in me. Mostly just German, English, French, and Dutch. I think I must have a hidden Italian ancestor in there somewhere. :D
I have an Italian ancestor who immigrated to Croatia in the mid 1700s, so you never know where you might find one in your family tree!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone (well, Americans anyway)! I'm feeling a bit nervous about the road trip today, so I couldn't sleep. The positive is that I have time to enjoy a couple cups of coffee and finish packing before I have to try to wrangle my cat. My bf's cat will follow a spoonful of food anywhere, even into a carrier, so she's easy, but Lelia's not as food motivated. And she's too smart. She's lucky she's cute.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
M maggiedemi pasta is my number one energy source for good workouts or heavy labor days. It just hits the spot and it does have some protein in it. My body runs best on pasta. Potatoes and rice seem to make me feel sluggish later on. So yes pasta is actually healthier than the modern health people want you to think. The only downside is the gluten in it if one must avoid wheat products. Rice noodles aren't bad but nothing beats elbows or lasagna!

A pawsitive is the snow made a quick dash last night. We got a snow squall and at Market basket I watched the wind shove all the shopping carts across the parking lot! The snow was sideways and cold! It made it feel more like the holidays with the quick inch we got! Yeah I love snow..I'm nuts!

Here's a picture of a shopping cart going across the parking lot but stopped due to the snow bank
20181121_161637.jpg

The cold makes me appreciate the heat in the truck and at home! And the cats get snuggly!

20181121_212235.jpg

And isn't that pawsitive? A sweet Bee on her blankie last night. She just loves this ratty red velvet blanket!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not going out until we travel to my neighbor's house for Thanksgiving, it's a looooong ride, a whole two blocks away. :lol2: She loves to cook and I love to bake so we make a great pair. We met through our dogs and have been close friends ever since.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. M maggiedemi the Canadian Thanksgiving is based on European harvest festivals and celebrated the second Monday of October. All this talk of pies, etc. makes me want to take a day trip south of the border:) It is a little chilly today so I am actually thinking a several day trip far south at Jcatbird's place:)

Have a great day / night everyone and as always that includes you humans:)

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not, I am thankful for you all! My day will be spent quietly with my kitties. I am glad to be home. I got to go and see my Father again at the first of this week. It was a hard trip but worth every minute to be able to see him again. I M grateful that I have gotten to go there twice this year. It’s a beautiful place too! Perhaps everyone will enjoy this view.

CA65CD33-DF23-472B-9907-7133D768E2E1.jpeg

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 this photo shows ancient mounds off to the left. A place of an atmosphere of peace. I took this one for you.
12C8A506-E79B-46C6-8CD8-8D3375AF627D.jpeg

Have a wonderful day of peace everyone!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I assume your dessert bars had chocolate in them? Peanut Butter is much more pawsitive! ;)
LOL, and that would have been a yummy addition I think :thumbsup:

Shane Kent Shane Kent thank you, and I'm sending thoughts of good food your way :yummy:

neely neely , that's wonderful, we have neighbors we've met in much the same way and although we're not sharing Thanksgiving, we do have plates of food that cross the street now and then, --especially terrific are her Nepalese inspired dishes!

Jcatbird Jcatbird , I am so glad for you that you were able to see your dad :cloud9:

My positive, that although there are a couple of dogs coming along with a visitor today, the weather is nice enough that they can go in the yard and bother the Big Kitty a lot less :yess:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird thanks for that special pic! So glad you got to spend time with your dad.
And yes, for everyone celebrating a holiday or special day of whatever type today, may it be a wonderful one. For the rest of us, may it be a wonderful one, too. ;)I'm very grateful that TCS exists and that we are all able to be here sharing our love of CATS, the most amazing beings in the known universe :clapcat:

The beans are soaking for soup prep and I'm looking forward to making and enjoying that.

We're getting our big delivery of supplies tomorrow, so that's the PAWSitive for us right now!:cutecat::kneading::lovecat4:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WHAT a lovely day! Cool, but not frigid, although we will drop very low tonight. The ferals will be thankful for the warmed rice bags in their shelter. I got two more made, and covers for them, so I can switch them out every 4-6 hours from sunset until I go to bed at 3 AM.

Megapawsitive today? I've talked with BOTH sons, and we're going to Skype later, so I'll see their faces! Dinner, which will be around 6(ish), is pretty much organized, and just needs to pop in the over at the appropriate time...about an hour and a half, since it's just me, and I'm doing a small turkey breast.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent thank you, and I'm sending thoughts of good food your way :yummy:
Well your thoughts paid off:) Karen brought me chilli and a philly steak sandwich for a late lunch. Not a turkey dinner but I will take it.

Jcatbird Jcatbird "Perhaps everyone will enjoy this view." Love the view:heartshape:

It's always a great day when I get to see Karen in the middle of my work day:hearthrob:

Status
Not open for further replies.