The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty is now up to date on her vaccines for another three years, and has a BIG credit balance at her vet's office! I've been wanting to do this for awhile, since squirreling money away at home is scary. I can now afford to treat almost anything but a REALLY catastrophic illness, and if she stays reasonably healthy, I can do her annuals for many years to come. She's a bit off today, but she always is, post vaccine. She'll be back to normal by tomorrow or early Thanksgiving Day. And she has a clean bill of health. Dr. sayTrusky says that she's doing very well, indeed, for her age.

Today the cover for my kitchen overhead light fell off and broke into about a million pieces. Why is this a megapawsitive, you ask? Well, it was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, they don't make the glass covers for it anymore, and the replacement fixtures that they will have to install are really pretty! BIG SILVER LINING!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hekitty is now up to date on her vaccines for another three years, and has a BIG credit balance at her vet's office! I've been wanting to do this for awhile, since squirreling money away at home is scary. I can now afford to treat almost anything but a REALLY catastrophic illness, and if she stays reasonably healthy, I can do her annuals for many years to come. She's a bit off today, but she always is, post vaccine. She'll be back to normal by tomorrow or early Thanksgiving Day. And she has a clean bill of health. Dr. sayTrusky says that she's doing very well, indeed, for her age.

Today the cover for my kitchen overhead light fell off and broke into about a million pieces. Why is this a megapawsitive, you ask? Well, it was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, they don't make the glass covers for it anymore, and the replacement fixtures that they will have to install are really pretty! BIG SILVER LINING!
Yes, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- it is really good to be able to find the PAWSitive in something that seems at first not to be. Hope you find just the one you want!
And that is wonderful about Hekitty, all the way around!!!:goldstar:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@segelkatt that's wonderful to hear about your older kitty!! And Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 the same for you, good for you!!
@ileen what wonderful pictures!
@PushPurrCatPaws and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 thank you :)
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles what a lovely party, i'm so glad!!
My positive, the confection dessert I made just now didn't really turn out (yup, funny thing, I had no trouble eating three pieces LOL) but the brand of Graham crackers I got as part of it took me right back to being a kid, they tasted just like those then :yummy:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . :) Grandma always told us stories about how she was a "sickly" child and had troubles through her adult years. To have her at 100 seems just extra special in my mind. Of course shes pretty darn special to me anyway. ;) Shes a WWII vet herself; tiny but mighty. :heartshape:
the brand of Graham crackers I got as part of it took me right back to being a kid, they tasted just like those then :yummy:
:yummy: I loe graham crackers with milk. That's a nostalgic bedtime snack for me. My Grandpa liked to put them in his morning coffee though. I have never tried that! :lol:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
not for long because he is always moving---scared...

I hope he comes around soon.
I can only imagine how scary and stressful it would be to bounce from place to place before he ended up at his new home. It took me well over a month to get Kitty and Rusty settled as well as slowly introduced to Taz and Zoe. All four cats living together for over a year and a half now the time it took seems like nothing.
All the best to you and Geoffrey:petcat:

As for my day. No Sunrise. Well, not one that I could see because it was thick clouds and snowing. I would like to get a nice clear sky with blowing snow Sunrise. I am hoping the photo will show it, in person it is a sparkly Sunrise and very beautiful. Home now with the four kitties mentioned above and have to say it could have taken me six months to get them settled as well as introduced, it would still seem like nothing:)

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I have an aunt like that. Nowhere near 5' and boy, better not get on the wrong side of her. I think the scorpions and tarantulas would think twice about it. :running:
Lari Lari aren't those the BEST supervisor and lazy blanket lover? Enjoy your break!
Shane Kent Shane Kent Yes, don't we know about integrating new family members?! But it's so worth it, isn't it?
Big Blue on lap, I may have figured out how to get my fancy new (for me -- it's a refurb) all-in-one working again, and evening is fast approaching. My favorite time of day.:dancingblackcat::clapcat::petcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@ileen --I thought they looked like llamas, maybe a cousin? I'm obsessed with llamas, in my next life I will have one. :)

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles --Happy 100th B-day to your Grandma! May we all make it that far. :crossfingers:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --I panic when the power goes out now, it's really quite sad how it makes me feel cut off from the world and all that is worth doing. :D

Furballsmom Furballsmom --Well what kind of confection dessert was it? A cheesecake? :headscratch:

Lari Lari --That's the best kind of supervisor. Better than any I ever had. :thumbsup:

Positive: I finally bought the electric razor I have been wanting. I got the best deal at Amazon- $1 off, free shipping, and I had a gift card, so it didn't actually cost me a cent. Happy dance. :cheerleader:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi no, the recipe is a combination between a rice krispie bar and a s'mores bar.
It turned out to be one of those things that is better in theory than reality, although the darn things seem almost addictive, I just about can't stop eating them LOL

My positive, that there is snow coming for the mountains, which is good for our water resources :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 hope you're feeling better. :hugs:

My pawsitive for today is that I plan to start baking for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I finally have all my ingredients and can't wait for the house to smell from freshly baked sweets/dessert. I planned to make a giant salad with Romaine lettuce but watched the news last night and heard about the major e-coli outbreak so DH went to the store this morning to return everything. Fortunately the store had removed all the Romaine from the shelves but had plenty of alternatives. :thumbsup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I don't panic with power outages since I now know that everything has powered back up with no problems, but I do kind of dislike having to go all around the house resetting the stuff that isn't automatic and while it's down, having to twiddle my thumbs. Especially when it's dark and there's NOTHING to do. Of course it should be a perfect opportunity (in the daytime) to play a rousing game of da Bird with the cats, brush them, and give them catnip, right? Now that would be very PAWSitive!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 I hope you are feeling better today.

M maggiedemi and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 You should have seen me when the power went out from the tornado this summer. :runaround:
Then when it came back on. :bliss:

Shane Kent Shane Kent Yes, don't we know about integrating new family members?! But it's so worth it, isn't it?
It was worth every single second:cloud9:

I get to see Karen in the middle of the day, she is stopping by my work. No more mid week trips to the cottage but a mid day visit from Karen is great:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent yeah, well, all of us in IT in any way feel that way about it, I'm pretty sure. It's like everything STOPS!!! and you wonder how you're going to SURVIVE! :shocked::fear::gaah:so then you start thinking about alternative things to do while you wait, but you can't because EVERYTHING revolves around ELECTRICITY. :sigh: So you spend the time on your smartphone calling the power company and then wandering around like a 2-year-old kid whose mom lost it in the mall. :bawling2:
The PAWSitive? Eventually you do power up once again. Your fingers find the keys again. And you're back in business.
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 I'm deciding whether to make lentil soup or minestrone-ish soup tomorrow. Because "thanksgiving" is not a holiday for me. But soup is a PAWSitive!:yummy:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 If it weren't for cell phone towers with backup generators I would have packed the kitties up and went to the cottage the night of the tornado.

It is not the Sunrise photo I wanted but there is blowing snow. The Sun is in the west headed for Sunset.

IMG_3533.JPG

It was nice to see Karen in the middle of the day. We went to a thrift store and grabbed some lunch. Have a great day / night everyone.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent - that is an awesome picture of the snow! If I ever bother to upgrade my smartphone, I'm definitely asking for a better camera so I can pretend I can get pictures like that.

I am enjoying a relaxing day off doing absolutely nothing. I took a nap, had a bit of food and watched The Price Is Right. I need to pack for Thanksgiving and work out tonight, but for now, I'm enjoying being lazy. I've needed it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had some Kohls cash to spend after buying the kids Christmas outfits and pjs. It was going to expire today so I hopped online. Thanks to the Kohls cash and their Black Friday sales starting early I got the kids each a new set of flannel sheets for their beds (DD's has pink kittens on it :hearthrob:) at $15 a piece and 3 shirts for myself. 2 of the shirts were only $4.99 before my 15% off. Getting a sweater for $10 is a good deal too. :goldstar: After paying for shipping (I just couldn't justify buying more stuff just to get to free shipping!) I still only spent $25. :banana2: I've been wanting to get the kids each another set of flannel sheets. They just feel so good in the winter!! :cloud9:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent *another snow-pic admirer here!* And "seeing Karen in the daytime" sounds like a song title, somehow :lolup:

Elvis told me he doesn't need anything for Black Friday, since we have huge orders coming from "the cat food tree" a/k/a Drs. Foster & Smith, later in the week. :winkcat: Tarifa and Baby Su are in the room, after having just had a good lunch, and they're pretty contented.:dancingblackcat::kneading: That's all PAWSitive as far as I'm concerned!

Status
Not open for further replies.