The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
PAwsitive Thing:
Geoffrey came out of his very secret hiding place.. I was almost on the verge of tears.. 4 hours of hiding, really did me in.. I thought I really lost him..
Rusty went into the drywall in the basement under the laundry tub. I did not know where he was I discovered that after I went through the neighborhood. I went through my neighbors backyards looking and calling for him. I tore the house apart and had resorted to searching the neighborhood. I had Zaren and Kane in the house. Then Taz and Zoe. None of them discovered it, that I know of. Leave it to a previously feral cat in a new house to discover it and make me panic. We were in the house while I was thinking "What am I going to do?" when Karen said, there he is! I followed him and found his spot. Under the laundry tub was a spot without drywall.

Next day neighbors asked me if my cat came home. How embarrassing, I just said "Yes, thank you very much.":rolleyes:

IMG_3471.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rusty went into the drywall in the basement under the laundry tub. I did not know where he was I discovered that after I went through the neighborhood. I went through my neighbors backyards looking and calling for him. I tore the house apart and had resorted to searching the neighborhood. I had Zaren and Kane in the house. Then Taz and Zoe. None of them discovered it, that I know of. Leave it to a previously feral cat in a new house to discover it and make me panic. We were in the house while I was thinking "What am I going to do?" when Karen said, there he is! I followed him and found his spot. Under the laundry tub was a spot without drywall.

Next day neighbors asked me if my cat came home. How embarrassing, I just said "Yes, thank you very much.":rolleyes:

View attachment 262818
Shane Kent Shane Kent OMC!!! We have this door to the crawlspace in one of the closets, and right away when I moved here I stacked stuff up against it so there's no egress either way. One time my angel Sun got into the crawlspace at the apartment we were living in. Thankfully my boyfriend at the time was able to get in there and get him out. Those kinds of things just make me panic!!! The PAWSitive? He was recovered and returned without harm.
I love your brass (?) cat! He looks like has a rather woebegone expression -- maybe it's just the light. :lolup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 artiemom artiemom Shane Kent Shane Kent
One of my Mom cat rescues vanished. Her babies wanted her and so did I. She just wanted a break from her kids and left me to babysit! Lol It took hours to find her. She had found a small opening into the wall near the hot water heater. When I found her she appeared trapped so I CUT a hole in the wall! Ha! She fooled me! She came out of the original space, no problem. I took a picture of her in the wall and I could swear she was smiling. It was peaceful in there. :lol:
I was babysitting her five and she liked it.
I love the new brass cat. Maybe the expression is catitude. Like a cat that has been hiding.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Pawsitive: Yesterday we visited the small shelter where we adopted Carleton three years ago. We make a donation every year the weekend before or after his Gotcha Day. Then we go to a nearby Starbucks where we filled out the application form to adopt him. The shelter director told us the vet who took care of him when he was rescued from a hoarder was coming in later and she would love to be able to show her pics of Carleton now. :camera: This was truly a heartwarming pawsitive for us. :hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Cats WILL hide. *That's what Ryobis are for!* :insertevillaugh::lolup: So glad you found your wayward girl.
neely neely How special those traditions are! I tried to invite Tarifa's rescuer and her daughter to lunch several years ago so she could also visit Tar and see how happy she is in her loving home, but she didn't ever respond. Oh well, I tried! Traditions like that mean a lot to me. They're very PAWSitive, in fact! :goldstar:
IMG_3284.JPG
*Happy memories: Angels Sahra and Rani, with Tarifa*:hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello to everyone! I'm caught up on posts now, sorry to have missed out on so much. I was on vacation in northern CA last week. I missed the first snowstorm of the year in NYC, but got plenty of smoke in CA. I don't think I was within two hours of any fires, but the smoke was quite toxic at times. I learned about AQI (air quality index) & it was about 271 (upper red zone) at its worst where I was. Under 50 is safe. I did wear a mask when outside at times. It was surreal walking around downtown San Francisco seeing nearly everyone wearing a mask. It seemed post-apocalyptic.

The pawsitive was seeing my bf's family in Fair Oaks, Santa Cruz & San Francisco and having a mini-vacation within a vacation in Monterey. I met two incredibly adorable cats in Fair Oaks and yay! one was a lap cat!! They also had four feral 6 month old cats and the mama in the backyard often. Here are some photos of the varied creatures I encountered on vacation. Not pictured: a gorgeous emerald hummingbird who was too quick for me.
IMG_2451[1].JPG
IMG_2454[1].JPG
IMG_2457[1].JPG
IMG_2464[1].JPG
IMG_2491[1].JPG
IMG_2492[1].JPG
IMG_2499[1].JPG
IMG_2549[1].JPG
IMG_2564[1].JPG
IMG_2587[1].JPG
IMG_2529[1].JPG
IMG_2604[1].JPG
IMG_2626[1].JPG
IMG_2471[1].JPG

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always look for Lelia's foster mom when I go to TNR events so I can show off pictures and update her. It's nice to talk about how far she's come from that skittish little kitten I took home.

Positive: I just learned a new trick with our laminator to know when it's ready. Always helpful!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ileen ileen TYSM for sharing those great pix with us -- looks like you made a lot of wonderful friends! Sounds like a good time apart from the smoke, and glad you wore a mask. Yeah, I read that those who do these things categorized N Cali air as the worst in the world right now due to the fires. And it's nothing to take lightly -- that particulate gets into lungs and airways and, well, it's really bad.
Lari Lari What a good thing to do. I always tell people Baby Su was born feral so that they will know "feral" does not mean "unable to love" or "unable to adopt".

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that Geoffrey tried out his broken cat tree!! He was looking out, between the drapes, last night.. not for long because he is always moving---scared...

I also found his hiding spot!!! He disappeared, again, this morning. I did not panic--no closets open..

Came home, looked for him, and found him.. right under my dresser.. up against the wall.. he blended in so good with the carpeting... and hiding from sight because of a wastebasket in front... sigh..

I hope he comes around soon.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - when I see how people here have done the hard work trapping and socializing, and with my girl people already did the hard work I feel a bit sheepish. Like "yeah, I have a pre-socialized reformed feral." I got her in the easy stages! I sometimes wonder how much she remembers of her first three months outdoors.

Well, what she remembers or not, she's still my beautiful girl and her life is so much better than it would have been if she'd never been trapped. I'm grateful for her every day. Even when she's being a brat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom ConCATulations on Geoffrey trying out his tree! I predict he will have a lot of enjoyment on it in future. Dressers seem to be a popular hiding place, as I've also seen. It's amazing what small spaces they can cram themselves into!
Lari Lari Yes, I know. Baby Su was found by my ex, wandering under one of our huge, ancient junipers in the Mojave. That's the last place you'd expect to find a black and white kitten! How she got there I will never know, because our land was entirely fenced, but people could see our barn compound from the road, and maybe someone dropped her off over our fence. She sure couldn't have jumped it at her age and size. I am forever grateful to my ex for finding her, though. She was maybe 6 or 7 weeks old when she came to us.
IMG_1694.JPG
*Corrie angel hiding under my dad's desk, which was also a tight squeeze for a sizeable beauty like her!*
IMG_1081.JPG
The juniper under which Baby Su was first sighted, and the Kitten Cabin where she lived for awhile, until she got her vetting.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird --Oh man, I can't believe you cut a hole in the wall, then she came out the other side. Leave it to cats. :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --What are Ryobis? Great cat pile pic!

ileen ileen --Wow, that's wonderful that you met so many cats on your vacation. What are those animals in your photos that look a little bit like llamas?

artiemom artiemom --Glad to hear that G tried out his tree and you found his hiding spot.

Positive: I re-discovered some great 90s tunes, and 90s music makes me really happy. It has great memories all tied up with it of the years right after I graduated high school and lived on my own for the first time. :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh! My cousin just gave me the full story on cutting her cat out of the wall a few weeks ago. She said she came home and went to change clothing and heard the cat meowing and finally figured out she was in the wall behind the shower. They went upstairs where she usually hangs out. An access panel to the chimney/attic area had been knocked loose and she went exploring. Thankfully she was completely fine once they got her out. She's a senior girl; 13/14ish I think. Walls are fixable and so are ceilings and she was fine; so it ends positive right?

She's got one of those gorgeous silky solid black coats. She pounces on her treats before she eats them and will definitely steal your pants and not give them back if she joins you in the bathroom. Don't ask me how I know. :lol: :blush:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
It's funny how some previous cat parents want no contact with a new cat parent and some new cat parent considers a previous foster to be an intruder and wants no contact at all. I've had both. And then there are those who become your friend, I've got one of those too.
Pawsitive: the vet called today with results of Friday's blood test taken for Capucchino. He said he was amazed, that Capucchino's test is like one of a one-year-old, no sign of diabetes or anything else common among elderly cats, remember that she is 18 1/2 now. She will live forever! The snotty nose is gone and she is eating like a pig. Chamouti has taken to try to chase her, she just turns around and hisses at him and all he wants to do is play as Panthera is such a meany to him. Cats! Don't you just love them?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The photo of Henry Lee peering over the snow is so adorable
Thank you! Henry seemed a bit overwhelmed by the snow, but I'm glad he had fun running through the tunnels.

Tarifa's collar had become ratty, so here she is sporting her new one, which I think really suits her!
Nice colour!

Once the sun went down, Geoffrey came out... My ' vampire cat"..........sigh
One of my cats lived inside a closet for the first month that he was indoors. I'm sure Geoffrey will come round eventually,

She had found a small opening into the wall near the hot water heater. When I found her she appeared trapped so I CUT a hole in the wall!
I remember my Dad and Granddad taking up all the floor boards in our bathroom when one of our cats managed to squeeze into a tiny gap between the bath tub and the wall. I learnt a lot of new words that day....... none of them I was allowed to repeat.

:D

The shelter director told us the vet who took care of him when he was rescued from a hoarder was coming in later and she would love to be able to show her pics of Carleton now.
That's nice! They must really appreciate seeing how loved and pampered he is now.

Here are some photos of the varied creatures I encountered on vacation.
Llamas! You saw llamas! Great pictures.

He said he was amazed, that Capucchino's test is like one of a one-year-old, no sign of diabetes or anything else common among elderly cats, remember that she is 18 1/2 now.
That's wonderful news.

:clap::clap::clap:

My positive for today is that I managed to get all the housework done and cook dinner before I had to start work. I love a clean house.

:cloud9:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, when you're not online for a few days, there is a lot here to catch up on! Congrats, Furballsmom, on the #9,000 post! And congrats to all the "found" kitties when their hidey places were discovered by all of you over the years!

The finches are out in force this morning, flitting around the half-leafed trees, looking for BUGS. We are socked in with fog this morning -- perfect November day so far.

This was taken just after the sun rose a week ago.
MillysNeighborhood-13NOV2018.jpg

The view is from Milly's courtyard window, which shows her patch of sky. At night, Orion marches across the courtyard sky patch (but she's too busy to look up then -- too many mice and rats to watch on the walls of the courtyard at night!).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a woman on a mission today; but first I let myself get a solid night of sleep and that feels amazing!

This weekend we celebrated my Grandmother turning 100. It was practically a family reunion! It was held at a restaurant on the water and when they heard the milestone we were celebrating the restaurant provided the cake for free. (It was delicious and beautiful.) My Grandma has dementia but I saw her talk more at that party than she has in a long time! (She used to never stop. ;)) She was thrilled with the 1918 Mercury Dime necklace I found for her. It was nice to see those parts of per personality are still there. :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ileen ileen -- wow, one of Steve Jobs' vicunas? That's amazing! :thumbsup:
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles How wonderful. May I take this opportunity to wish your grandmother a very happy birthday. That's quite a milestone!
Echoing PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws ' conCATulations to Furballsmom Furballsmom .
Thanking you, Norachan Norachan -- I think it compliments her beautiful colors, too.
M maggiedemi Ryobi is the brand name of a line of power tools :yess: that would be very helpful in extricating hiding cats. :crackup:
The PAWSitive? I was here working away and all of a sudden -- NOTHING. So of course I called the power company and reported it. They said they knew and they had crews on it. They knew nothing about cause or ETA, though. Anyway, I went outside and soaked up some sun and watched birds, butterflies, insects, and a squirrel living their lives for awhile, and the second time I checked, we were back up. Didn't take too long to reset everything, and here I am again, Big Blue on lap, working away. :yess::hellocomputer:

Status
Not open for further replies.