The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Furballsmom Lol Good one! If everyone only knew how my story just bubbled up out of nothing they would be laughing too. Another positive for me is that M maggiedemi is okay and that I discovered what happens when an enitire bottle of dish liquid breaks along with a box of cat litter. My floors are now exceptionally clean! All good in the end! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - you would think with the weightlifting I've been doing I could manage to fairly easily cut a squash, but no. And cats are fickle creatures, aren't they?

Jcatbird Jcatbird - Lelia thinks she's still a kitten. Lots of things become random toys. Earbuds are a favorite that have to be hidden. Shadows are fun. Right now she's walked away from da bird to wrestle with the bf's exercise pants.

M maggiedemi - it was amazing. I will definitely be making it again. And very cute pics. I love homemade stuff.

This post is positive, right? It feels positive to me. But if I need more I'm inside and warm right now.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A stray cat that was at our shelter for a couple of months has been reunited with his owner. The finder had claimed that she found him in our county because she couldn't be bothered driving to the shelter in her county (we're on the county line). She kept him for quite awhile until it became obvious that he needed vet care, too. His owner had given up hope of ever finding him, didn't think to look at "found" notices in our county, but happened to see him listed for adoption on our Facebook page. :clapcat:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the following at a thrift store for $1.50. The plastic base for it was broken but I had one at home from a music box that was broken:) No chips or cracks and it sort of works. I need to blow the inside out with some compressed air and see if I can spray a bit of lubricant into it. It plays the Go to Sleep Lullaby. I hope I can get it working better so I can take a video of it because it is so darn cute. The horse rocks back and forth.

IMG_3371.JPG

M maggiedemi I don't normally go looking for the jewelry but there is a lady at one of the flea markets that practically gives it to me. I have a hard time saying no because she get so excited when I show up. I don't haggle over prices and I am very pleasant so I get along well with the vendors. Their prices are far better than antique stores, ebay and etsy plus I don't have to pay shipping to get my hands on them:)

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 My wife's camera is beyond me, she is a professional photographer so she understands the various settings on it. I am a point and shoot person with either my cell phone or video camera. The video camera I set on auto and hope for the best:) My wife hates the way I take photos. I take 20 photos and then go through them looking for the best one. She will take her time and only take a couple of photos so she doesn't have to look through 20 of them. That's pawsitive for me because it makes it far more easier to rob the photo stash off her laptop:)

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all who don't have one, YOU NEED AN iPHONE! You can take all the photos you want extremely easily, junk the ones you don't want and keep those you do. They take really good photos, too, and you can add apps to tweak, filter, and customize them more than the basic iPhone stuff allows. It's very easy to put them on your computer and/or on your external drives, too. IDK how anyone gets along without a smartphone -- I couldn't. You can do everything you do on your computer or tablet, plus. Just sayin'.
Very PAWSitive cats playing, being groomed, and being reunited with their families. Those are the most PAWSitive of all!
M maggiedemi What adorable photos! You really were a cute kid, and so was your bro. *And I've finally decided that I like orange. I didn't used to. Now I'm working on purple, but I don't think I'll ever like white.*
Jcatbird Jcatbird OMC! That must have been SOME cleaning session. Did the two break in the same space? :shocked:
My PAWSitive is that I have a big blue laptop on his red cat blanket, that I had THREE sleeping with me all night and woke up to them this morning. The latest news is that the amazing hero firefighters are making good headway in containing all of the fires. We're far from "out of the woods" yet, but progressing in the right direction.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Glad you liked the baby pics. Feel free to share some of yourself! I will post more as I find them, I've been looking through the old albums.

Jcatbird Jcatbird --LOL at just bubbled up out of nothing. I got that! You are so funny!:lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Thank you, yeah my bro was my best friend growing up out here in the boondocks. He is 2 years older than me, but we were the same height.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --That rocking horse music box is so cute, you're lucky you know how to fix it. Can't wait to see the video.

@1CatOverTheLine --Positive: Thank you for your post warning about Temptations treats. I couldn't figure out what was making Demi puke and he was losing weight. This just shows how important every friend is on this site, that little piece of info you share could save a cat. Hope you come back soon. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Glad you liked the baby pics. Feel free to share some of yourself! I will post more as I find them, I've been looking through the old albums.

Jcatbird Jcatbird --LOL at just bubbled up out of nothing. I got that! You are so funny!:lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Thank you, yeah my bro was my best friend growing up out here in the boondocks. He is 2 years older than me, but we were the same height.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --That rocking horse music box is so cute, you're lucky you know how to fix it. Can't wait to see the video.

@1CatOverTheLine --Positive: Thank you for your post warning about Temptations treats. I couldn't figure out what was making Demi puke and he was losing weight. This just shows how important every friend is on this site, that little piece of info you share could save a cat. Hope you come back soon. :)
M maggiedemi Two cuties! :) And I so agree re: your post to @1CatOverTheLine. The same happened with us. My angel Rani would SQUALL for them every night and BUG me relentlessly until she got them. Once I figured out what was going on, they were off the menu and will always be so. There is a thread on TCS on the subject. IDK why they are still on the market except that there are a lot of other bad products on the market as well, and in the present climate, it's not surprising. IMHO anything that is that addictive cannot be good. Jokes aside, addiction is a disease, not something to joke about or want. So the PAWSitive is that no cat I share life with will ever be subjected to those particular treats. We get Drs. Foster & Smith Daily Dental Treats, which they like and which have not caused any problems whatsoever.:yess:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Call the papers, today is Carleton's 3 year Gotcha Day! :woo:

I keep in touch with the director of the shelter where we adopted him and texted her this morning. We plan to donate towels and blankets over the weekend because she said they are in short supply.

Here's a pic I took this morning of our special boy. :loveeyes:
Carleton 3 yr bday.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call the papers, today is Carleton's 3 year Gotcha Day! :woo:

I keep in touch with the director of the shelter where we adopted him and texted her this morning. We plan to donate towels and blankets over the weekend because she said they are in short supply.

Here's a pic I took this morning of our special boy. :loveeyes:
View attachment 262128
Carleton, as always, looks amazing! And very fluffy and clean! And huge props to you for donating!
*HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, CARLETON! (and many, many, many more, in good health, happiness, safety, comfort, and LOVE!)* :redtabby::bunnydance::celebrate::party::woohoo::banana1:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sundar's kidney disease is stabilised and he's doing really well. It is SUCH a relief. So happy to see the boy content and knowing he'll be around for quite a while yet. :redheartpump:

Here he is doing the kneading thing in his sleep...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Sundar's kidney disease is stabilised and he's doing really well. It is SUCH a relief. So happy to see the boy content and knowing he'll be around for quite a while yet. :redheartpump:

Here he is doing the kneading thing in his sleep...

He’s such a beautiful cat.

Lily is on my lap again. It seems to have become her late afternoon habit. Here she is, purring and drooling. You can see the teeny drool droplet on her chin. :)

PAWSitive: I just finished making a month’s worth of food for one of the sanctuary kitties who has chronic diarrhea. They've tried all kinds of treatments—both conventional and non-conventional— with no luck, but I’ve finally persuaded them to try raw food with the vet’s approval. Keep your fingers crossed for Rain! (Lily is trying to lick my fingers. I washed my hands thoroughly, but she can still smell her favorite food.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jcat jcat I love that story! Reuniting a cat with a long lost friend is the best feeling ever! That is as positive as it gets. Thank you for telling us. Never give up!

mani mani That is such great news about Sundar! Kneading in his sleep must mean he is having wonderful kitty dreams! That is one of the truly great pictures I have seen.

Shane Kent Shane Kent I hope the music box will work. I can’t wait! As for taking a ton of photos......... you get to choose the best one that way. Before digital days I did award photography with real film and that insured that I would get the perfect shot for the award magazine. Photography was much different then but I still take multiple shots. Together you and your wife make a perfect pair!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 i have well over 6000 photos on my iPhone! Lol Great camera. Always have it on me for those perfect cat moments too!
As for the dish liquid/ cat litter issue...... yes. They landed and broke together. The litter just coukdn’t absurd that much soap. Lol It was a gritty, bubbly mess! I tried scooping it up, wiping it up and finally, mopping it up. 18 buckets of water and ankle deep in bubbles I finally went to bed at 4 A.M. and let it all dry. I resumed in the morning. My floors are squeaky clean so I guess it was a positive! It certainly ended up as an amusing site. The cats were not as amused but the moving mop and popping bubbles did get the attention of some. A night to remember! The expressions on the cats faces were priceless! Lol

M maggiedemi I thought you might get that! “Double, double, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble” Bubbles did come up out of nowhere and everywhere! :lol:

My positive is that all the bubbles are gone, a good friend who is not here is in our hearts and thoughts, hope provided good things for some kitties mentioned here as well as their people and that there are new people coming to TCS to help kitties everyday. New hope every moment. :redheartpump:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 He's not needing sub-Q's at this stage but diet and Semintra are doing an amazing job!
I know we all love out cats, but Sundar has an incredibly special place in my heart.. He wasn't meant to survive past birth. None of his littermates made it. He has severe scoliosis and curvature of the spine, along with pectus excavatum, and so has very little space for his heart and lungs. An elderly breeder had him and his life was in the balance, so I asked if I could take him home, not expecting him to make it. I was told that, apart from all the structural issues, there was no saying what else could be amiss.
And now he's nearly seven. And he is the most gorgeous, smoochy, goofy boy you could possibly wish to meet.
With his renal failure stabilised, I know I may even have a few more years with him, and for that I'm very, very grateful.:heartshape::sunshine:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mani mani Your love is doing that for him. I was told my daughter would not make it either. You just keep doing what you are doing. He obviously feels your love. My daughter lived for 29 years. I was grateful too. I still am. Your positive attitude is fantastic. That can make all the difference in life. Enjoy your gorgeous , goofy , smoochy boy! He is beautiful! I send him some smoochy myself! Lol

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mani mani and Jcatbird Jcatbird , modern medicine is a wonderful thing but sometimes the patient has other ideas when projected life expectancy tells them "no chance".
Love, support, friendship and lots of supportive type care can do wonders, not just for longevity but for quality of life.
This thread makes my day. :) Best thing on the internet.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He’s such a beautiful cat.

Lily is on my lap again. It seems to have become her late afternoon habit. Here she is, purring and drooling. You can see the teeny drool droplet on her chin. :)

PAWSitive: I just finished making a month’s worth of food for one of the sanctuary kitties who has chronic diarrhea. They've tried all kinds of treatments—both conventional and non-conventional— with no luck, but I’ve finally persuaded them to try raw food with the vet’s approval. Keep your fingers crossed for Rain! (Lily is trying to lick my fingers. I washed my hands thoroughly, but she can still smell her favorite food.)
Aw you are so sweet!! I'm hopeful that the raw will help with diarrhea. I know raw has helped with unexplained diarrhea for my cat. :)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw you are so sweet!! I'm hopeful that the raw will help with diarrhea. I know raw has helped with unexplained diarrhea for my cat. :)
Raw helped a few of ours with diarrhea problems before, pretty much cleared the problem up.
My advice is to go easy on any organ meats (liver, kidneys, etc.) Don't exclude them because they're very needed but go slow with them, and start small because they're very rich and can sometimes create the opposite effect we're hoping to achieve.
Heart (classified as a muscle meat) is more "rich", don't exclude this either but don't go hog wild as it can cause looser stools.
Just go slow, introduce one thing at a time and you'll be fine.

Pawsitive, got a really nice message from a friend tonight. I won't go into details, but when someone is there for you, you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.