The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my grocery shopping done this afternoon and knocked out a little Christmas shopping while I was at it. The best thing I found was a $6 cozy cat bed! Actually I think it's a small dog bed. But it's about half the price that the "cat" beds were and has nicer material.

Of course at the moment Noodles is sleeping on a pile of coats NEXT to it. :lol: (It's on a chair where I set it when we got home.) I intend to put it in my bathroom for her. She's been spending her days in there sleeping on the towel we use as a bath mat. Hopefully she will enjoy the bed there. I will just have to move it while actually showering. ;)

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Good day / evening everybody. No nice Sunrise photo of Ottawa today. Here is a morning photo of the field beyond the yard at work.

WorkNov13_2018.JPG

A very thin blanket of wet snow this morning. Was snowing when I got to work thus no visible Sunrise.

A few recent finds.

necklace pendant
NecklacePendant.JPG

SleepingCatOnLedge.JPG

TwoCatFigsNov13_2018.JPG

My pawsitive is that I bathed Rusty again last night and still have the use of my hands:) He grumbled a lot but tolerated it. I would try videoing it but my cell phone, baby bath tub and wet cat probably would not be a good idea.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird what a lovely fluffy Lady! and what an honor to have her gracing your lap with her presence!
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles We're all thinking, "Typical feline behavior!" :lolup:
Shane Kent Shane Kent BEAUTIFUL snow pic (I miss snow!!!) and some great feline collectibles. I especially like the elegant black cat (of course!) and the necklace.
PAWSitive? I have a black and gold croissant on a red cat blanket on my lap. And I was very touched to hear that last night the people of NYC lit up the Empire State Building in the CA State colors of blue and gold in solidarity with our State. Just a gesture, but it means a lot in this time.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird --Glad that Lady liked the MaggieDemi music box. She has good taste.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Oh, I really like that cat necklace. I didn't know you collected jewelry too. I bet a cat ring would look really cool if they make one. :)

N NY cat man --We just got a new bread machine, but it makes really weird shaped bread. It is so big, it doesn't fit in the toaster. Brilliant minds. :headscratch:

Lari Lari --I could go for a broccoli frittata right about now. Thanks for the idea.

@1CatOverTheLine --A day without a tree metaphor is like a day without sunshine. Just sayin'....:)

Positive: Demi puked this morning and of course I woke up and stepped in it. The positive is that after I left the room and came back, Dad had cleaned up all the puke and washed my sandals outside under the hose. Sometimes having a roommate ain't so bad. :thumbsup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi and everyone else interested: Just a word that if you go on eBay and input "Whiskers Rescue" you will see miles of wonderful jewelry, handmade quilts and other wonderful things. 100% of proceeds go to charity, which is their group doing TNR, rescue and adoption for cats in Sayreville, New Jersey. This is a longtime favorite group of mine and every cent they get is used to save and improve these sweet lives. They also ask for people to send in scrap and jewelry. This is PAWSitive to me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yesterday DH pulled all of my Christmas decorations from the attic. I wanted to go over the light strands now because I know one needs repair before we can get them on the house. I won't start decorating yet; but the anticipation is fun too!

We attended a great community thanksgiving dinner today. My contributions were buttermilk mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. There were so many leftovers!! But we had a nice day and got to spend time with some great people too. And then I took a nap. :lol:

One lady made curry chicken and it was YUMMY! I need to ask her if she will share the recipe! :yummy:
I forgot to post this yesterday,
When you get that recipe can ya send it to me? I adore curry and other zesty tasting foods and I like my food medium grade hot spice.

And isn't it funny how they sleep in the weirdest places? My little Pumpkin Face sleeps under this side table on the floor, i put a catbed there and she scrunched herself up in between the bed and the wall. :dunno: So we don't put down beds for her anymore. Instead I took an old cushion for the patio chairs and put a soft blanket on it, she now sleeps here in the library on her pile of cushions the wackadoodle!

Jcatbird Jcatbird I love your beautiful cat on your lap! Love seeing pictures of others babies!

Furballsmom Furballsmom Glad to hear the good news that your friend is ok!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 What a lovely way to spend some time with a Big Blue laptop!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 lovely sunshine! Glad to hear from you my friend!
@Tobermorey That beautiful floofy is the picture of perfection! I love the outdoor mountains! There's just something about wide open spaces isn't there? Mountains are a nice bonus!

In the winter when we go up rt 302 into upper country we can see the mount Washington resort from several view points up by Bretton Woods ski area. The snow all over is just breathe taking!

M maggiedemi That sounds like a thoughtful dad! That's a pleasant surprise to have them clean up the yuck! Sorry for your walking in the mess though..Honeybee leaves me surprises every now and then. :/

A pawsitive is waking up to a Honeybee snoring on my belly. It's the only time I can rub her belly without loosing a finger. She was stretched out scrunched up along the side closest to the couch back..and I feared moving else I would roll her into the hole from me moving away. I did anyways and got a growl from my girl!:lol2: She didnt want me to get up! What a lovely way to wake up! Afloofy cat trying to keep me there for cuddles. :cloud9:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to post this yesterday,
When you get that recipe can ya send it to me? I adore curry and other zesty tasting foods and I like my food medium grade hot spice.
I will if I can get it! It wasn't too spicy; but it had a full bodied flavor. I really enjoyed it! I don't think there was enough for anyone to get seconds! I was too full to go looking anyway. :lol:

Right after I posted about Noodles' new bed last night she reached out and gave it a bite/shake and went back to sleep. :lol: I've fed her a few treats out of it; but right now she just wants that pile of coats. :p She's going to be disappointed when I get around to hanging those up! ;)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My precious nextdoor neighbor, Jazzie, is here deep-cleaning my apartmet. Well, she already did the front half, but the back half is almost done! It smells WONDERFUL in here! No more slightly stale, musty smell. She's young, and fast, and can reach the places I can't get to any more!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 261891

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I got something like that but much more furrrrrrier laying next to me.

M maggiedemi You like my little MaggieDemi figurine:)

My pawsitive is to be able to share a space, all be it virtual, with people like Jcatbird Jcatbird , Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 as well as you got to get a camera and post photos you crazy hick 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 . I can call you a hick right? (of course I don't mean the unsophisticated part) After all I am a city dweller:)
:flail::flail::flail::flail::flail:
I've been called much worse, Shane Kent Shane Kent ! Has me cracking up :lol:
I actually got a camera awhile ago. My old one was point and shoot, plug it into the system port and the pictures were uploaded.
This one requires a PhD. and and a vast knowledge of astrophysics.
The pawsitive is, even though that contraption and I don't get along so well, there are a lot of fun buttons to play with. :yess:
Here's hoping hitting the wrong one doesn't vaporize me. :crazy:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I will if I can get it! It wasn't too spicy; but it had a full bodied flavor. I really enjoyed it! I don't think there was enough for anyone to get seconds! I was too full to go looking anyway. :lol:

Right after I posted about Noodles' new bed last night she reached out and gave it a bite/shake and went back to sleep. :lol: I've fed her a few treats out of it; but right now she just wants that pile of coats. :p She's going to be disappointed when I get around to hanging those up! ;)
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles In my experience the cats won't sleep on the new item for at least 2 weeks. It has to smell like home...give it time. The cushion pumps sleeps on has a special orthopedic cushion underneath the patio cushion. I couldn't get her to sleep ontop of the cushion for 2 weeks..then i put it under some plain ol cushions and she's been sleeping on it since...took some time though.

Sorry this was sent so late, I had typed this up around lunch and got distracted :lol:

A pawsitive is Honeybee got a play session after getting home from work/gym/market. She wore out faster than I expected. We have this stick with a feather on it, or what's left of the feathers. Honeybee ate or rather pulled most of the feathers out if the wand toy. There's one long feather left and I teased her by running it underneath the highest platform she was on. She has left dents in the wall where it bangs against the wall when she runs up and down it. :evilgrin::lol: She just loves her cat trees. If I had time and money I would have this entire house built into a cat highway all along all the walls. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when recipes have funny directions. Like "cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise". Hahaha. I did finally manage it and made this beauty tonight.
20181113_182453.jpg

The "stuffing" was bacon, apple, onion, and pine nuts (with sage and thyme). Yummy.

Today Lelia found a new toy. The bathtub drain.
20181113_061215.jpg

I love my little weirdo.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when recipes have funny directions. Like "cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise". Hahaha. I did finally manage it and made this beauty tonight.
View attachment 262035
The "stuffing" was bacon, apple, onion, and pine nuts (with sage and thyme). Yummy.

View attachment 262036

I love my little weirdo.
I hear you on the recipes! Some of them are so detailed ("cut the dough into 1/4" by 1/4" by 1/8" squares") and some are the opposite ("toss some vegetables into a bowl and stir 'em up, then add some meat or whatever and cook it for awhile.")
I especially love instructions on things like soups that tell you, sternly, "DO NOT ADD WATER/MILK." They caps it to get your attention and bold it to remind you that adding milk or water to this ready-to-heat soup might make the SWAT team haul you away, and probably kill you for insubordination.
We love our little weirdo, too (Baby Girl) because she spent about 20 minutes attacking the living crap out of an empty toilet paper roll. As quickly as the game began, she abandoned it and no amount of coaxing, wiggling it around or rolling it away from her and to the side would convince her to chase it. Gave me a look like "are you out of your damn mind?"

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My pawsitive is Carleton went to the groomer today. She is so sweet and makes catnip toys for all the kitties she grooms. :heartshape: Plus she comes to our vet twice a month which is really convenient. Carleton smells wonderful, his fur is silky smooth, his nails are clipped and he is asleep on my lap as I type. I think he's tuckered out from the day's events. :sleepycat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent The snow is beautiful! I am very glad to hear that Rusty let you keep your hands intact! Smart kitty! Never bite the hand that gives kitty treats.

M maggiedemi Lady did love the music. Probably because I told her it was maggiedemi music.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Lady is a real lady. Lol She’s a sweet fluff. I will pass the word about the eBay “Whiskers Rescue”. Great to know! The holidays are coming so it would be a great way to buy a gift and give cats a gift at the same time!

foxxycat foxxycat I love seeing other babies too. I also have some silly wackadoodles that sleep weird places. Cat beds are wasted here too unless I put them somewhere weird, like in an open drawer. Lol Cats!

I love it! Noodles bit the bed.Yeah.....she’s going to be trying to pull the coats back down if you hang them up ,if she’s anything like my kitties. My cats will track them down, open the closet and I find all in a pile in the closet floor later.

View attachment 262035

View attachment 262036

I love my little weirdo.
I love the picture of Leila attacking the drain! Very cute! Maybe she is trying to see where the water went.

Tell Jazzie I think she sbsolutely ROCKS!!

Positive, people who help other people, do things for other people, make life easier for other people :heartshape:
I agree! Great point to make!
:heartshape: Back at you!

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 Shane Kent has you cracking up and you have me cracking up. Nature is much easier to understand than technology. I hope you didn’t get vaporized!

My precious nextdoor neighbor, Jazzie, is here deep-cleaning my apartmet. Well, she already did the front half, but the back half is almost done! It smells WONDERFUL in here! No more slightly stale, musty smell. She's young, and fast, and can reach the places I can't get to any more!
That is fabulous! I love that freshly cleaned house smell. Your friend Jazzie is a jewel. I’m glad you have such a good friend there.

My positive is all the above! I am still hoping for some positive pictures from another member. My hopes and good wishes go out to all! :sunshine:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, my positive is that Jcatbird Jcatbird and M maggiedemi have survived close encounters with boxes of litter and with litter boxes (heeheehee, didja see what I did there, didja see?? LOL) ...hmmm, I was pretty sure my drink is alcohol free :lol:

and that Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 is able to smell a fresh house (no stuffy nose from allergies), can hear all sorts of things, and is getting a great nights sleep, all in the past few months.

This is wonderful !! :yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --You should get a smartphone with a camera. My Amazon Fire tablet has a camera on it, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

foxxycat foxxycat --That pic of the massage table at your gym that you sent me was so cool. I didn't even know you could get an automated massage. That would be perfect for me, since I don't like strangers touching me. :thumbsup:

Lari Lari --That stuffed squash looks amazing and healthy. Cute kitty in tub pic.

Jcatbird Jcatbird --Maggie can open the closet too. She bashes on the door until it opens. My little devil. :devilish:

Furballsmom Furballsmom --LOL! Thanks (I think). Sadly, those aren't my only 2 pratfall stories. I'm a klutz. :D

Positive: I found the photos of the clothing that my grandmother crocheted for me. She made the purple coat, hat, purse in the top pic, and the pink vest in the bottom pick. Please excuse the ugly 70s orange paint!
Jen7.jpg
Jen8.jpg

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was in the 30s today and it was pretty freezing at work. Took them all day to finally get the heat up (4pm). Everyone was freezing. Positive thing is I had homemade chicken soup that I made last night and took the time to slow down for a hot BATH. It was nice. Ahh. Cats looked confused lol.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --You should get a smartphone with a camera. My Amazon Fire tablet has a camera on it, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

foxxycat foxxycat --That pic of the massage table at your gym that you sent me was so cool. I didn't even know you could get an automated massage. That would be perfect for me, since I don't like strangers touching me. :thumbsup:

Lari Lari --That stuffed squash looks amazing and healthy. Cute kitty in tub pic.

Jcatbird Jcatbird --Maggie can open the closet too. She bashes on the door until it opens. My little devil. :devilish:

Furballsmom Furballsmom --LOL! Thanks (I think). Sadly, those aren't my only 2 pratfall stories. I'm a klutz. :D

Positive: I found the photos of the clothing that my grandmother crocheted for me. She made the purple coat, hat, purse in the top pic, and the pink vest in the bottom pick. Please excuse the ugly 70s orange paint!
View attachment 262065 View attachment 262066
Those kid pics made my day, M maggiedemi !!
Best question from a kid you'll ever hear when looking at pictures from the '70's...."was it really that orange back then?"
:lol:
Probably no different than a kid looking at black and white photos from the early 1900's and thinking the entire world was in black and white, no color to it.
Perspective is an interesting thing. Remember being 5 years old and having a "big kid" (9-10 year old) coming around and being in awe at how, well, "big" they were? Then when you're 10 or so, you see a HIGH SCHOOL KID and figure they're as old as time, they're OLD.
Then when you get to a certain age, you see a 25 year old and think "you're a flea" and don't give it a second thought.
It's not really so pawsitive so I'll share something nice....wife went out with some friends tonight and I'm here on TCS watching Baby Girl leap up off the ground about 75 times per minute, and get nowhere, because there's a coat hung on a chair and she's determined to kill the little piece of cloth hanging on the zipper. :crackup:

Status
Not open for further replies.