The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@1 bruce 1 THANK YOU. For being you! and for your wonderful, kind thoughts. Yes, it does really sting, my friend being so thoughtless. She deals with people's minds for a living, too! She did just go through a pretty major surgery and maybe the drugs are addling her a bit. IDK. But yes, I miss talking with her -- we were very close, mailed each other cards, shared photos, called one another, etc. so losing a friend on that level is not to be taken lightly. I hope she comes out of it, whatever "it" is.
I love your comments about cats, too. My Tarifa does that with the "kills" and I praise her to the skies for her mighty hunting prowess, telling her IDK how we'd survive without her lioness skills. *And those sparkle balls ARE delicious. Especially that big purple one she "kills" the most.*
@segelkatt Yes, I have heard that the smoke is all the way out in the IE. Great pic of the egret -- they remind me of tall, very pale aliens or something. That one looks like he's prowling the parking lot looking for a good opportunity. For what, IDK.
PAWSitive for the morning is that I stripped the bed and put on the winter flannel sheets and comforter set. I always love when that happens.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you are safe @segelkatt. I think fires are the most scary natural/unnatural disaster to face. Are you seeing more birds now because of the fires? Fleeing the smoke even?

Yesterday morning my kids and I enjoyed watching a Hairy Woodpecker outside the kitchen window. I have had a regular downy woodpecker come around; but this guy was too big to be a downy. They are fun to watch! There was also a robin out there. I was happy to see they haven't finished migrating through my area yet. I'm not ready for winter weather. I am going to hang suet this winter instead of just having my feeder out. I hope to see a lot more birds. :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to make the time to come and check on everyone. Life is sometimes busy but making the time to check on great people is a necessity to me. I’ve missed everyone and went back to read all your posts. My prayers are with ALL living things in California that they will be safe. Seeing that on the news spurred me to let everyone here know how much I appreciate you for all you are and all you do. I believe that we need keep pawsitive attitudes for every little thing that comes our way. I try to give positive responses even when met by venom. I have had occasion to hear later that reacting to having vinegar spewed at me by handing out some sunshine , actually made a difference to someone. I was hospitalized in 2016 with a serious injury after a storm. A hospital worker seemed sad. When I offered comfort she retreated to the bathroom in tears. When she came out she told me not one person had offered anything to her in the way of a kind word or question as to if she was okay. I was the first. I hugged her and discovered her sister was on dialysis and her home had been destroyed in the storm along with her only transportation to get to dialysis. I gave her my car keys. ( heh! I wasn’t going to be driving!) Long story but the next day she returned and had solutions to her problems. This time she hugged me. It was a very uplifting experience for me. She said it had changed her opinion of people. I am glad it all worked out for her. I recovered too! All good. My daily life is all about my kitties and unconditional love. My experiences with people vary but I find that holding out a hand, even if it might get a swat, is worth the risk. Sometimes the good that comes out of it is a true blessing. I think that is a giant positive.
My positive for today is all those present and accounted for right here. Beautiful photos, beautiful salvia, cats that love, people who love, statues we all love( making music just adds to their beauty) and life in general. I’m happy to see each moment and a new chance at more kitties, love and hope. A happy and safe day to all!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles That is one thing I had noticed starting Friday morning, was the birds fleeing, frightened and seemingly without direction.
Jcatbird Jcatbird You're amazing. Hopefully that conveys something of how special I (and many others, I'm sure) think you are. :yess: For everything you do for cats, and for how caring you are of people. :goldstar:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My pawsitive for today: I have Geoffrey... I have a love.. a scared love, but another love in my life...
And I know that your Sacred Love approves of your New Love, 100%!

You know, my megapawsitive for today is that it has been a quiet, peaceful day! Cat by my side, a good book, my friends here...I have wealth beyond measure.

This is for ALL of my rays of sunshine here at TCS!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 You just warmed my heart! Thank you :redheartpump: It’s such a nice feeling! I can only guess it’s the fact that people and kitties keep warming my heart that keeps me ticking! Lol A very positive thing! I am grateful again.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy too! The kitties like the sunshine as well. Sharing it with them is the best! I’m going to play this for them.:sunshine:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Although the brilliant scarlets and rich rust colors are mostly scattered across the ground instead of clinging to the trees, the fall landscape is still breathtaking here. We took our morning walk in crisp temperatures under blue skies and sun. One of the things I like about living in the West is that although the temperature may be 40°F (36°F when we started our walk), with the bright sunshine and low humidity, I can walk in just a long-sleeved shirt and be perfectly comfortable.
B257DCD1-3E47-4A7D-8869-B83E893C5CF8.jpeg

A great day to see Mt. McLoughlin in the distance.
F6FAAC76-30EF-45F9-8A10-FA0B002B319D.jpeg

Look at this little downy woodpecker! He or she has been busy.
AE6B8785-BC60-41CA-B0FA-77FB63765BD9.jpeg

And we saw not one but TWO pileated woodpeckers, the first ones I’ve seen since we moved here almost four years ago.

So it’s been such a peaceful, beautiful, PAWSitive day made even richer by YOUR pawsitive thoughts. Thank you! And now I’m sitting in the sun underneath a pile of extreme floof.
5D2A6935-02D1-4D59-A863-BFB02831E0B4.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although the brilliant scarlets and rich rust colors are mostly scattered across the ground instead of clinging to the trees, the fall landscape is still breathtaking here. We took our morning walk in crisp temperatures under blue skies and sun. One of the things I like about living in the West is that although the temperature may be 40°F (36°F when we started our walk), with the bright sunshine and low humidity, I can walk in just a long-sleeved shirt and be perfectly comfortable.
View attachment 261876
A great day to see Mt. McLoughlin in the distance.
View attachment 261877
Look at this little downy woodpecker! He or she has been busy.
View attachment 261878
And we saw not one but TWO pileated woodpeckers, the first ones I’ve seen since we moved here almost four years ago.

So it’s been such a peaceful, beautiful, PAWSitive day made even richer by YOUR pawsitive thoughts. Thank you! And now I’m sitting in the sun underneath a pile of extreme floof.
View attachment 261879
That sure is beautiful country! A friend of mine went up there a couple of years ago and said it was very green. A former neighbor and his family had a second house up there, too -- Roseburg? Is that right? I know it was "Rose-something".
Yeah, that's quite a piece of art on behalf of the woodpecker(s)!
And oh, that FLOOF. It doesn't get any better, does it? :cloud9::redtabby::D

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That sure is beautiful country! A friend of mine went up there a couple of years ago and said it was very green. A former neighbor and his family had a second house up there, too -- Roseburg? Is that right? I know it was "Rose-something".
Yeah, that's quite a piece of art on behalf of the woodpecker(s)!
And oh, that FLOOF. It doesn't get any better, does it? :cloud9::redtabby::D
Roseburg it is. We live farther south, closer to the OR/CA border.

I love these dead trees with the hundreds of woodpecker holes! Nature’s sculptures.

You’re right, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 : It doesn’t get any better. Happiness is a warm floof on the lap.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roseburg it is. We live farther south, closer to the OR/CA border.

I love these dead trees with the hundreds of woodpecker holes! Nature’s sculptures.

You’re right, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 : It doesn’t get any better. Happiness is a warm floof on the lap.
Right now I've got THIS:
IMG_0420.JPG

...on my lap. A very warm Big Blue.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Kevin Harvick is actually my dad's favorite Nascar driver. He also likes Kyle Busch. Nobody seems to have as much charisma as the Earnhardts.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --I love the music box video, I saw it when I was snooping in your profile. It looked like Princess Kitty really liked it too. :)

@1CatOverTheLine --I guess you went on one of your day-long walks in the woods again. Hope you come back soon, I need some more tree quotes.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 --Love the Sunshine song, that was perfect.

Jcatbird Jcatbird --I love that- "each moment a new chance at kitties, love, and hope."

Positive: We made spaghetti for dinner, in the pressure cooker, with sausage, tomato sauce, tomatoes, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and jalapenos. It worked, pretty tasty and spicy. :thumbsup:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nobody seems to have as much charisma as the Earnhardts.
This is true, nobody ANYWHERE, never mind just within the racing/NASCAR world, has as much charisma as they do :)
That dinner sounds darn good by the way

Jcatbird Jcatbird :rock: totally
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 :heartshape:

Tobermory Tobermory and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 wonderful photos

Positive, finding out that someone who lives in Chico California, relatively close to Paradise, is ok. :grouphug:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is true, nobody ANYWHERE, never mind just within the racing/NASCAR world, has as much charisma as they do :)
That dinner sounds darn good by the way

Jcatbird Jcatbird :rock: totally
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 :heartshape:

Tobermory Tobermory and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 wonderful photos

Positive, finding out that someone who lives in Chico California, relatively close to Paradise, is ok. :grouphug:
Oh, gosh, Furballsmom Furballsmom , you said it. I was hearing Chico might get it when I tuned in to news today. *PRAYERS* for the person you know up there. And my PAWSitive before I log off? Just so grateful for the many HEROES and first responders of all types, plus the everyday people who are being heroes, stepping in and stepping up to help when, where, and how they can. Every one of them has my highest regard and admiration.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_3312.JPG

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I got something like that but much more furrrrrrier laying next to me.

M maggiedemi You like my little MaggieDemi figurine:)

My pawsitive is to be able to share a space, all be it virtual, with people like Jcatbird Jcatbird , Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 as well as you got to get a camera and post photos you crazy hick @1 bruce 1 . I can call you a hick right? (of course I don't mean the unsophisticated part) After all I am a city dweller:)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent Beautiful kitties ( one playing and one listening!) , beautiful tune, beautiful tone, beautiful sentiments. Hearing the music box play was wonderful and I listened to it many times. Music boxes will always hold a special place in my heart. I thank you for these things and a great deal more.
Here is my Lady , who is rarely a lap cat. She came to sit in my lap to listen with me. A true pleasure for us both.
E07CCCFD-DD40-43A8-8AF0-17A665E12F1F.jpeg
33D28CEE-6F76-4983-92AB-3C2877B5228C.jpeg

M maggiedemi I am glad you liked what I said. It is true, each moment is a new chance. Enjoy each moment as you can. They are all gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.