The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
High winds here -- blew all night and aren't letting up today. Quite cool, too. Good snuggling weather and I was not disappointed in that regard last night. One of our trees is leaning pretty badly and its posts that are supposed to support it are, too. Nothing I can do about it and I'm praying it will hold until Thursday when my gardeners get here, or my neighbor next door notices it and helps as he has in the past. The wind was so strong it blew everything over and broke the handcuff my neighbor had put on it for me.
Meanwhile, working away for the cats and kittens!
It started to blow here around 5 pm yesterday and blew all night. There were some wind chimes going off which I had never heard before, sure hope somebody does not think they were mine as I had complaints before so that I had to move them on my enclosed patio and those windows are closed. The wind has let up a bit but I saw on the news that there are fires now in L.A. County and the wind is really blowing there. Even the Weather Channel had a long report about the wind and the fires about that this morning. And yes, people who live in colder places cannot understand that these colder temps which to them sound balmy are frigid to us.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
krisrath11 krisrath11 and segelkatt segelkatt , we're in L.A. Metro and segelkatt segelkatt , I've seen media reporting on a huge fire in Ventura County but none in L.A. County so far. *PRAYERS* And yes, these winds are terrible in and of themselves, but so much worse when fire is involved.

Thankful and grateful that we are okay here! Just hoping our little tree will hang on. According to Tard (Grumpy Cat) on my phone, the winds are supposed to decrease significantly tomorrow. I'm certainly praying for that.

Also very grateful that a very bad guy has been caught after he was videod abusing a kitten. The kitten is doing well, and I pray will find a loving, permanent home very soon.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Moonlight_wolf Moonlight_wolf That is incredibly positive news, about Mia having her first real cat tower AND enjoying it! :bunnydance: We've had a new tower here for about 2 months and Mouse hasn't got past sniffing the base of it yet. :lol: Mind you, that's probably most to do with the resident kitten having taken posession of the top den. :catman:

Nice relaxing day here today: I took my mother out to an art gallery for a bit of festive shopping and a cup of tea / coffee. They had the most amazing cheese scones there - loads of cheese mixed in, plus a bit of black pepper and a little hint of mustard. Hadn't had one there for years and it was every bit as good as the last one. :yummy:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
On the weather front, FINALLY it's cool enough to wear a long sleeved shirt. (low 70s :wink: - ok MAYBE high 60s. Hey, when you're used to it being in the 90s and hundreds, even the hundred and teens, the high 60s is :cold::lol:. Another few degrees lower and I'll be bringing out my parka :p.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
And yes, people who live in colder places cannot understand that these colder temps which to them sound balmy are frigid to us.
My wife and I went to Cocoa Beach, Florida in early April 1997. It being the end of the winter and both of us travelling from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada we had no problem putting on the swimming suits and laying out by the ocean. You should have seen the looks we got, I think the Southerners thought we were crazy as they had sweaters on. The coldest time of year here is typically the middle of January, can get down to the minuses in Fahrenheit at night and on windy days if the wind is from the North. It isn't like that the entire winter long is a very pawsitive thing.

Thank God for couch warmers

and bed warmers

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My wife and I went to Cocoa Beach, Florida in early April 1997. It being the end of the winter and both of us travelling from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada we had no problem putting on the swimming suits and laying out by the ocean. You should have seen the looks we got, I think the Southerners thought we were crazy as they had sweaters on. The coldest time of year here is typically the middle of January, can get down to the minuses in Fahrenheit at night and on windy days if the wind is from the North. It isn't like that the entire winter long is a very pawsitive thing.

Thank God for couch warmers

and bed warmers
Yeah. We do think you're crazy- but just a little. More amusing than anything though. You have to remember though that what you call cold and what we call cold are 2 different things. Cold here is anything below 70 and frigid is anything below 60. Many of us have forgotten what "true" cold feels like and have no desire to be reminded. Ever. :cold: :headshake:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws -- that's fantastic! Hope it was a great visit!
Shane Kent Shane Kent , those are amazing pix. They would make such great cards or something. What sweet, sweet cats! I miss the times of catpiles and loving couples cat-wise. I also miss the times of large cat families. SO glad I've had the means of capturing some of those great moments for all time, and of being able to store them in the cloud so they'll always be there. It's appropriate that they should be in the cloud, because most of them are up there watching us and looking after us until we're all reunited in due time.
IMG_1599.JPG

Calo, Sahra, Nicolas, Samuda, Rani, and Sishya angels

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
those are amazing pix.
I owe it all to my wife, she takes the photos. She is such a beeeeeautiful person and she spoils the heck out of the cats, again not my doing:rolleyes3: I am a responsible cat owner and would never, ever spoil the cats. It is all my wife, she spoils them rotten.

This is our first couple. Zaren checking over his little runt brother Kane before mommy's photo shoot.

ZarenAndKaneXmasCloseUp_1.JPG

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I owe it all to my wife, she takes the photos. She is such a beeeeeautiful person and she spoils the heck out of the cats, again not my doing:rolleyes3: I am a responsible cat owner and would never, ever spoil the cats. It is all my wife, she spoils them rotten.

This is our first couple. Zaren checking over his little runt brother Kane before mommy's photo shoot.

View attachment 208686
Oh, yeah, Shane Kent Shane Kent , SURE. And what OTHER huge fibs have you got to try to push on all of us poor gullible souls? :insertevillaugh::crackup:*As this is the Pawsitive Thread, I'll add something pawsitive as a farewell: Time to work out, followed by a nice dinner and an evening of true crime whodunits with as many cats as I can entice to join me. The warm blankets might help. Because, as we all know, I don't ever spoil the cats. :noway:

Status
Not open for further replies.