The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggiedemi - This will explain the differences between the Corn Moon (or Barley Moon) and the traditional Harvest Moon:

September's Full Moon: Corn Moon or Harvest Moon

You should have seen it in colour.

I thought that was going to be a joke (about seeing it in color) until I listened to the song -- what a beautiful song! I've got family photos from those days, too -- I'll never know the things they endured, but the PAWSitive things include what M maggiedemi said about knowing value over just grabbing the superficial (and often of little value, if any) things. My aunt once said, my dad was known for being a "tightwad". I fired off right back that I'm even more so. I consider it a lesson well learned, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Autumn starts tonight! This is my favorite season, I love all the leaves changing colors, the crisp air and cooler days and nights!

:yeah: Ditto!

We had a crisp, radiant weekend to officially usher in the Autumn season.​
Yesterday we bought Jonathan apples and pumpkin scones at the farmer's market. Today we enjoyed pumpkin pancakes and apple cider. :yummy:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...after reading that, I'm thinking "what difference?"
Furballsmom Furballsmom - Gee, it seems pretty easy to follow; why the Harvest Moon is in October this year:

"Most years, the September Full Moon is the Harvest Moon. This particular name is given to the Full Moon which is closest to the September equinox, which is the start of fall in astronomy. The astronomical seasons do not match up with the lunar month. Therefore, the month of the Harvest Moon varies. Usually, it occurs in September, but every three years, it is in the month of October."

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Cilantro is really good on sandwiches, if you have any left throw some on there next time you make one.

@Jcatbird --I hope you have a nice visit with your friend. I should get back in touch with my high school best friend. We met in 7th grade.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --That "In Color" song is really beautiful. I love how he kept the chorus the same until the end, "Like a couple of kids just trying to save each other." It reminds me of this Tim McGraw song:

Don't Take The Girl by Tim McGraw

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cilantro is really good on sandwiches, if you have any left throw some on there next time you make one.
You have the absolute BEST ideas for food, this sounds really good :)!

Positive, hope. Hope that some of the kitties that are in real trouble have better days starting today.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully no fatalities from the Ottawa tornado. No looting and people were patient in the lineups. I have never experienced lineups like that. They shut down the schools and federal government offices today, trying to get the city back to normal. They urged people to stay home today but I have to assume that does not apply to people that work in the construction industry. I think it is going to get extremely busy at my work so taking a day off won't help the situation.

M maggiedemi The following are the cat coasters I picked up on Saturday but didn't photograph.

CatCoasterSept2018.JPG

I also got "The Cat Lovers Photograph Album" and it seems to have never been used. Photos are Karen's thing so I will be relinquishing it to her.

Have a great day / night everyone.:kneading:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maggiedemi - This will explain the differences between the Corn Moon (or Barley Moon) and the traditional Harvest Moon:

September's Full Moon: Corn Moon or Harvest Moon
My apologies to 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine plus Bob, and M maggiedemi , I butted right on in there when the comment wasn't directed my way.

Hope that some of the kitties that are in real trouble have better days starting today.
YES
at least one of them is doing MUCH better today :dazzler: :gift:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --That's okay, you're still on the favorite list. Hopefully you two hug it out, corn moon or not. :D

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Those coasters are really pretty. Plus you can use them when guests come over. :)

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles --Aww that's sweet. I've got 3 brothers, all married, but no nieces or nephews yet. My brother's dogs are kind of like that to me though.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Here's a song you might like. I love accents, his is Irish. You might recognize this song from the romantic Julia Roberts movie Notting Hill.
When You Say Nothing At All by Ronan Keating below:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
--That's okay, you're still on the favorite list. Hopefully you two hug it out, corn moon or not. :D
Thank you :lovecat2:
well, I was gonna tell him that his photo of that moon was a great shot...

positive, got errands and shopping all done, things put away and that's that (image of me dusting off my hands).

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you :lovecat2:
well, I was gonna tell him that his photo of that moon was a great shot...

positive, got errands and shopping all done, things put away and that's that (image of me dusting off my hands).
Furballsmom Furballsmom - No worries, and thanks - the shot of the moon was pure good fortune.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --That "In Color" song is really beautiful. I love how he kept the chorus the same until the end, "Like a couple of kids just trying to save each other." It reminds me of this Tim McGraw song:

Don't Take The Girl by Tim McGraw
M maggiedemi - Country music's like that. Your Tim McGraw pick always puts me in mind of this, by Tracy Lawrence:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning/afternoon/day/night/? everyone! It is currently 76F forecast to top out at 78F :yess:. The windows and doors are open, the breeze is cool, and we are enjoying it very much.
M maggiedemi - I must confess I'm not much of a romantic movie fan, and have not seen that movie.
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- beautiful coaster set! I would think those would be appreciated under drinks at your house. ;)
And I offer THIS musical fun:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A reminder of the rules -

1. Positive posts only. Tell us something nice about your day or about the world in general. Forget neutral - spread the joy! If you feel like ranting or venting about something that's, well, not as positive, start a separate thread for that please. If you get confused and post something we don't think is positive, it could end up deleted or moved to its own thread.

You can add neutral content to a positive post (for example, if you have a question about this fundraiser or if you want to respond to a previous post in a neutral way) but please avoid negativity so we don't have to edit it out.
There's a lot of responding to previous posts with nothing positive added in. You have to add something positive into your posts. :agree: A music video does not constitute positive unless you explain why it is positive to you.

For my positive, we seem to have left a lot of the heat in humidity behind. :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 254205 I thought, with Autumn officially beginning, that it would be a perfect time to share a pic of our beloved angel Sammi when he first joined our family back in 2008.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Sammi really was an handsome fellow. Okay - I'll swap Pawsitives with you: Moo Shu Snowshoe, the day she broke in to join the Family here - May 22nd, 2008.

snowshoe.jpg

Who could resist that face?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Sammi really was an handsome fellow. Okay - I'll swap Pawsitives with you: Moo Shu Snowshoe, the day she broke in to join the Family here - May 22nd, 2008.

View attachment 254226

Who could resist that face?
I've never met a cat whose face I COULD resist. I wouldn't even try.
Thanks for the praise -- when I opened Sammi's carrier, I almost gasped because I had never seen such a stunning cat before! I had to look up his coat color and pattern (Brown Patched Tabby Maine Coon). He was a sweet, regal, loving little kinglet. We miss him very much.
IMG_1775.JPG

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Since Chula and Paul joined my family three and a half years ago, I've built up a large collection of things they will not eat, play with or use. :gaah: Tunnels, canned food - including 2 cases of Royal Canin - several renditions of track toys, beds, balls, a Ripple Rug, cardboard scratching pads...you name it, I probably had it in closets, baskets, under the bed, behind the couch, atop kitchen cabinets and any place I could stash it. In other words, I had the makings of a really terrific donation to a rescue or shelter. :yess:

The local shelter couldn't pick up, so they referred me to Christine Sandberg, the president of a rescue group called Rescue Well. Rescue Well operates in the Washington/Baltimore area and I was blown away by everything they do. I'm not familiar with another organization quite like this one, although that may just be my ignorance. They rescue and re-home cats in need which is wonderful in itself :redheartpump:but beyond that, they work with families who are having problems affording or taking care of their cats so that the cats can stay with their families. :cheerleader: They are seriously into educating people about pet care, even going door-to-door in at-risk communities to do so. :clap:

I spent days gathering everything together and then cleaning it and packing it all up. I gave my apartment an extra cleaning to reassure Christine that the items were coming from a sanitary environment. The big day was yesterday so I put on my best cat themed t-shirt and checked the apartment one last time for anything I'd missed. Christine was thrilled, really thrilled to get it all and said they can use everything, even the grass seed that was a bust with Paul and Chula.

Ever since, I've been imagining felines of all ages, types and personalities in the acts of playing, eating and using items
GrayCatRedBallOnTummy.gif
that had been sitting unused for so long in my apartment. Happiness. I haz it. :cloud9:

It was only after Christine left that I realized I'd had my shirt on inside out the entire time she was there. :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.