Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I walked 4 miles and felt great! :walk:
WOW, good on you!!

Moo Shu Snowshoe
Her eye color is simply incredible! :cloud9:

He was a sweet, regal, loving little kinglet. We miss him very much.
oh, my, what an awesome cat! :redtabby: :gingercat:

I realized I'd had my shirt on inside out the entire time she was there.
...there's always something LOL :bluepaw::bluepaw:

and for me, I'm so pleased that even though there's heavy equipment running just down the street, the Big Fella is able to zzzzzzz :winkcat:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'm on my second copy of Running On Empty.

;)

Well, I know what corn looks like since that's my neighbour's living - corn-growin' - and let me tell you, this thing has exactly one more night to change the way it looks. "Corn Moon?" Good grief, what a gyp! This thing looks nothin' at all like corn!

View attachment 254136
I noticed a rather large, bright moon myself. Really puts you in the mood for fall!
Every time I look at a Turkey this time of year, I avoid eye contact.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, those 90s country songs had me thinking of this one, which is so painfully sweet that it has to be PAWsitive:

Aside from that, I caught this cute snapshot of Mog eating his "sorry I had to take your cat tree down and pack it up for the move" treat:
IMG_0698.JPG

It turned out to be no matter. He loved jumping up high and catching his toys with all the extra floor space!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, those 90s country songs had me thinking of this one, which is so painfully sweet that it has to be PAWsitive:

Aside from that, I caught this cute snapshot of Mog eating his "sorry I had to take your cat tree down and pack it up for the move" treat:
View attachment 254250

It turned out to be no matter. He loved jumping up high and catching his toys with all the extra floor space!
90's country was some good stuff.
And what's fun is some of the artists (like Tim you posted) started out as practically kids and are still going strong, and their kids are almost the age THEY were when they had their first hit.
And it's crap like that that makes me want to retire, buy a cane, and yell "HUH? SPEAK UP SONNY" a lot because damn.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@margd, you and Christine and Rescue Well are HEROES! in my book and your post made me feel extremely PAWSitive! Thank you more than words can convey for your generosity and selflessness in not only donating these valuable items, but also cleaning them so well. *As for the T-shirt, although I'm sure it's wonderful, it wouldn't be a problem for Christine, I'm sure.*
Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you so much for your compliment on our angel Sammi who, btw, was 14 in these pix, right when he joined our furmily. He left us at 21. I'm posting about this because I want to encourage people to adopt mature cats. Sammi was playful right up to the last. He did not have any lingering illnesses or any other issues. He ascended peacefully in his sleep, very suddenly and unexpectedly. He was adopted from an elderly couple who had illness issues and were friends of a friend of mine. A true treasure.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
90's country was some good stuff.
And what's fun is some of the artists (like Tim you posted) started out as practically kids and are still going strong, and their kids are almost the age THEY were when they had their first hit.
And it's crap like that that makes me want to retire, buy a cane, and yell "HUH? SPEAK UP SONNY" a lot because damn.
If you're going to get the cane, you will also be required to go outside at least once a day, wave it around and yell at no one in particular to "GET OFF MY LAWN" Or you could just get a helper for that. :lol:

3peytm.jpg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as 90's country stuff goes
I still get a little bit of goosebumps (please don't tell anyone) when I hear this. I really like this song and how Reba is able to sing/deliver it.
And this one.
Oh hell, I just like Reba and think she's very talented!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Thank you for the positive thoughts about my friend’s upcoming visit. I am excited! I am beginning to think you have quite a knack in the kitchen for making some really yummy things to eat! Keep the tips coming!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I love the beautiful cats! Baby Moo Shu must have won your heart immediately!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Sammi must have knocked your socks off too! Stunning!
@neely Walking 4 miles is wonderful. I love walking too!
Shane Kent Shane Kent Those coasters were a very positive find! Individual little pieces of art!
Furballsmom Furballsmom that is the most positive kind of news. A kitty is better. I could listen to words like that all day and never tire of them!
@MoochNNoodles It’s always a positive to have those kind of loving feelings. I am glad you got to see them. Hugs rock!
@margd You did a great thing by donating! I know some kitties will be very happy!
My personal positive is that it is a beautiful day. There has been a nice breeze pushing through the woods. What could be more pleasant than sitting and listening the the rustle of the leaves through the trees while visiting with a feral friend? I finally got to pet BJ!
A92C885F-236A-4DC1-A60A-22F299FF50B2.jpeg

ECC56732-4255-4E66-9EEA-531936E701A4.jpeg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're going to get the cane, you will also be required to go outside at least once a day, wave it around and yell at no one in particular to "GET OFF MY LAWN" Or you could just get a helper for that. :lol:

View attachment 254253
I've been waving things and yelling for 35 years. :thumbsup:
I try to be quiet and smart looking when people are around, but when guests are gone and I'm alone, don't bet on it.
Think that cat would work cheap?

M maggiedemi Thank you for the positive thoughts about my friend’s upcoming visit. I am excited! I am beginning to think you have quite a knack in the kitchen for making some really yummy things to eat! Keep the tips coming!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I love the beautiful cats! Baby Moo Shu must have won your heart immediately!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Sammi must have knocked your socks off too! Stunning!
@neely Walking 4 miles is wonderful. I love walking too!
Shane Kent Shane Kent Those coasters were a very positive find! Individual little pieces of art!
Furballsmom Furballsmom that is the most positive kind of news. A kitty is better. I could listen to words like that all day and never tire of them!
@MoochNNoodles It’s always a positive to have those kind of loving feelings. I am glad you got to see them. Hugs rock!
@margd You did a great thing by donating! I know some kitties will be very happy!
My personal positive is that it is a beautiful day. There has been a nice breeze pushing through the woods. What could be more pleasant than sitting and listening the the rustle of the leaves through the trees while visiting with a feral friend? I finally got to pet BJ! View attachment 254251

View attachment 254252
AHhh I'm glad you got your hand on him in pictures. That is priceless.
I haven't worked with ferals a ton, but the work I have done makes me appreciate how strongly they hold onto their wild side to preserve themselves.
My house cats hear me thumping around the house, dropping nails and hammers and yell "aaaahhhh **** IT" and don't even wake up, but a feral cat hears me sneaking on tip toe towards them and I step on a rogue leaf and their heads shoot up, ears are forward, and their eyes see me and they decide to react by running or staying put. Pretty smart cookies.

Last edited by a moderator:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Sammi sure was regal. Oh my movies gotta have romance. What else is there?

Jcatbird Jcatbird --Ha! I can barely make a sandwich. But the good thing about me is that I keep on trying. In all things. ;) Love the pic of our boy BJ. :redheartpump:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Moo Shu has the most beautiful blue eyes! So innocent. That Birmingham song sure does break a person's heart. But that's how I like my music.

Here's a song that shows the other side of the coin. This is positive because it shows that maybe you don't get everything you wish for, but maybe sometimes you get something better, or at least just as good. I know some of the things that I wished for in the past, I don't want anymore.

Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 That picture and your comment made me laugh! Laughter is a huge positive!
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 I am glad you enjoyed the picture of BJ. You obviously understand what a great feeling it was to be allowed to pet him. I have been seeing him for about a year but only recently been trusted enough to keep him company. It is a very good sign. I will be continuing to work with him as he allows it.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
\

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Yep; still a great tune. Hey M maggiedemi - doesn't that sound familiar?

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That Birmingham song sure does break a person's heart. But that's how I like my music.

Good choice for a Garth Brooks song. I'm partial to this one too:

Tomorrow's Pawsitive - time to build a new Fox Feeding station for the coming Winter - this time with a porch and a roof extension to keep the snow off her butt while she eats!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Sammi sure was regal. Oh my movies gotta have romance. What else is there?

Jcatbird Jcatbird --Ha! I can barely make a sandwich. But the good thing about me is that I keep on trying. In all things. ;) Love the pic of our boy BJ. :redheartpump:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Moo Shu has the most beautiful blue eyes! So innocent. That Birmingham song sure does break a person's heart. But that's how I like my music.

Here's a song that shows the other side of the coin. This is positive because it shows that maybe you don't get everything you wish for, but maybe sometimes you get something better, or at least just as good. I know some of the things that I wished for in the past, I don't want anymore.

Oh hell.
This was a "big time" horse persons song and I like it. I like it a lot and man what a meaning!
Gotta love those unanswered prayers.
For instance, I wanted a fluffy, sweet, quiet kitten but then I found Baby Girl and she was a short haired kitten, and had no time to be sweet (she's busy, see), and not very quiet...that lives to knock things over, rush about the place and only a few hours a day is devoted to my lap.
Not what I wanted, in personality, coat, color, or anything but she's what I needed. I needed a little shit of a cat to wake me up and keep me on my toes.

Kat0121 Kat0121 That picture and your comment made me laugh! Laughter is a huge positive!
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 I am glad you enjoyed the picture of BJ. You obviously understand what a great feeling it was to be allowed to pet him. I have been seeing him for about a year but only recently been trusted enough to keep him company. It is a very good sign. I will be continuing to work with him as he allows it.
The mother of a few of mine was a difficult feral capture.
When we caught her, I couldn't help but doing a weird mans jig because this girl was FIERCE and was totally suspicious and I was annoyed at being unable to capture her but loved that moxie and smarts.
Her kittens were fine little things that were tamed and kept or given to good homes, but she was not about to be anyone's pet.

She was about 11 when she disappeared.
A few weeks before, I was able to pet her briefly. While she was eating, I leaned down, added some canned food, and gave her two strokes before she froze and gave me a stare. I listened, walked off, and she ate.
I like to think this was a "we made peace" thing. I got to pet you, you did not murder me, so we're OK.
I really liked this little cat. I just hope she didn't suffer.
To keep it pawsitive, I have a daughter here that has her same "hands off" personality but is very sweet in her own way. She's a nice cat and looks just like her Mom...markings and all.
(All this cats kittens were spayed. This isn't some weird way of preserving a line of a stray cat I thought was nice. But I will say when the last of her kittens are gone, I will be a little sad.)

Last edited by a moderator:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mother of a few of mine was a difficult feral capture.
When we caught her, I couldn't help but doing a weird mans jig because this girl was FIERCE and was totally suspicious and I was annoyed at being unable to capture her but loved that moxie and smarts.
Her kittens were fine little things that were tamed and kept or given to good homes, but she was not about to be anyone's pet.

She was about 11 when she disappeared.
A few weeks before, I was able to pet her briefly. While she was eating, I leaned down, added some canned food, and gave her two strokes before she froze and gave me a stare. I listened, walked off, and she ate.
I like to think this was a "we made peace" thing. I got to pet you, you did not murder me, so we're OK.
I really liked this little cat. I just hope she didn't suffer.
To keep it pawsitive, I have a daughter here that has her same "hands off" personality but is very sweet in her own way. She's a nice cat and looks just like her Mom...markings and all.
(All this cats kittens were spayed. This isn't some weird way of preserving a line of a stray cat I thought was nice. But I will say when the last of her kittens are gone, I will be a little sad.)
I can sure relate to this, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 . Two locations ago, where we earned the trust of the community cats, there were multiple generations because the matriarch took a couple of years before she finally decided I was okay. Tiny Sahra was the last of her progeny to leave me. I will always love this extended family so very much.
IMG_1021.JPG

Tiny Sahra in the Mojave, soon after she joined us in the house, after Operation Catlift.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am enjoying a movie tonight, actually re-watching one. It is a nice, light comedy. Louisa, 1950, starring Ronald Reagan and Charles Coburn, just two of the film's delightful actors. What's even more pawsitive? Well, a very cuddly cat named Speedy that likes to watch movies alongside me.:popcorn::lovecat:

Last weekend I went through some of my favorite old postcards and here is one to share with you -
It's a Real Photo postcard, a term used to describe this type of card, published in 1906 by The Rotograph Co.

I think this card would have been used for sending Easter greetings around that time.

20180527_223300-1.jpg

I will post more cards occasonally, to share with all of you here! :geekcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 i love the name, “Operation Cat Lift”! Anyone who has ever “lifted” a lost or feral kitty knows the joy of bringing them in! That’s such a great picture! The tongue of contentment! Lol
One of the great things about TCS is our shared love of cats and life! Cheers to you all!
Yes, Jcatbird Jcatbird , indeed! In this case, it did not mean that. It's not a story for the PAWSitive thread except to say that in our hour of dire need, a number of people came together to facilitate an international rescue I was very, very grateful for. I'll just have to leave it at that, for this thread.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can sure relate to this, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 . Two locations ago, where we earned the trust of the community cats, there were multiple generations because the matriarch took a couple of years before she finally decided I was okay. Tiny Sahra was the last of her progeny to leave me. I will always love this extended family so very much. View attachment 254263
Tiny Sahra in the Mojave, soon after she joined us in the house, after Operation Catlift.

We loved these cats, we love the kittens they produced before we could prevent it. I hate seeing their lines die out but I know it's not the most irresponsible thing I'll ever do (aside from that whole "watch this" four wheeler thing across an only half frozen pond. But I'll save that story for some other time.)
But yes, when we have an unknown feral and can TNR, that's a good thing.
This cat of ours hung out in our barns but was a really un-tamable hunter.
I'm all for responsible cat ownership, and hate seeing people leave house cats out all day while they're at work. It's JMO, but I respect their choices and their potential upbringing/beliefs. I just ask that these nice folk be careful.
To keep it happy, Queen Bee joined Kitchen Cat and decided that alternatively letting out an annoyed "why are you here" meow and sneezing on him might drive him away and win her more hand outs.
I'm heading into the kitchen shortly. We'll see who wins, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.