The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@1 bruce 1 -- Actually, I got quite a great laugh out of it, thanks! *Someone once gave me a necklace and on the box was the store name: CHRIST. I was like WAIT...WHAT??? But yes, in Switzerland, there is apparently a jewelry store of that appellation.*

Here's the litmus test of whether or not you're a true geek. If you love THIS, you definitely are: *Phones up -- blast your brains out! I know I do*

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --I love that Steely Dan song! I've never heard that before. Is that kinda naughty? I think I got the meaning, but not positive. ;)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --So he's the co-writer of Where Have All The Flowers Gone?
@1 bruce 1 --Oh man, I knew you would be hilarious if we brought you over here. I think I just busted a gut laughing. :lol:

My positive for this post is I'm about to order some hot sauce. I can't believe I ran out. If you're looking for a fantastic hot sauce, try Marie Sharp's Hot or Fiery Hot Habanero. It's made in Belize. I have no idea where Belize is, but they are geniuses at making hot sauce. :)

Bonus positive:
Nothing Compares 2U by Sinead O'Connor below:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
QUOTE="maggiedemi, post: 4716310, member: 119711"]--Thanks honey. I didn't see you much yesterday.[/QUOTE]
You mean here, in this thread? I was over in the Unanswered and New Posts sections, helping cat owners and their kitties :) but that isn't to say that I wasn't thinking of you :cloud9: cuz you're a pretty darn neat-o person :sunshine:

@1 bruce 1 , don't let this bunch here kid you - it's happened to just about every one of us at one time or another.
In your case, you didn't know, --in our case - we FORGOT :thud: and thus, therefore and thereby, the most-excellent TCS mod's reiteration of the rules :read: :thumbsup:

Positive, football AND baseball - GO ROCKIES GO BRONCOS --that includes you too @les26 AND a donut run just to celebrate, since there hasn't been a donut in this house for utterly AGES!! ...can't get much more positive than that, unless, of course, they WIN :yess:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --I love that Steely Dan song! I've never heard that before. Is that kinda naughty? I think I got the meaning, but not positive. ;)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --So he's the co-writer of Where Have All The Flowers Gone?
@1 bruce 1 --Oh man, I knew you would be hilarious if we brought you over here. I think I just busted a gut laughing. :lol:

My positive for this post is I'm about to order some hot sauce. I can't believe I ran out. If you're looking for a fantastic hot sauce, try Marie Sharp's Hot or Fiery Hot Habanero. It's made in Belize. I have no idea where Belize is, but they are geniuses at making hot sauce. :)

Bonus positive:
Nothing Compares 2U by Sinead O'Connor below:
M maggiedemi I like this poster's comment on that song the most: "

Lysdexia4 years ago
it's filthy and sinuous, slinky and very close to perfection." I've never heard a more expressive instrumental. :blush:
And I love Sinead. She definitely has the Irish gift of storytelling and that other Irish gift of grit.
Belize is southward. And yes, all Caribbean nations excel at hot sauce. When I was in JA I was treated to some of the fierier peppers, growing wild in the yard. They're called Scotch Bonnets: Scotch bonnet - Wikipedia

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 14 degrees Celcius here and the change came too quick for my liking. I know, I am not a good Canadian, I should complain at minus 14 degrees.

One of today’s finds.
0CB21CD9-1B77-401E-A0E8-A3C41C49AF62.jpeg

I had a nice chat with a woman at a flea market today. She said she will be on the lookout for more cat related items for me:)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --We did end up having a lot of favorites in common- Waylon, MJ, and Bluegrass. Waylon has a little bit of rock in him I think. :)
Lari Lari --Thank you. Nice videos! I like singer-songwriters.
Jcatbird Jcatbird --Congrats on winning the t-shirt! :cheerleader:
@1 bruce 1 --I like that Chris Stapleton song, it reminds me of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
@Norachan --Thank you. That cat tree you built is impressive! Demi would love to come over & play on it with all your cats.
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Thanks honey. I didn't see you much yesterday.
N NY cat man --What does Jethro Tull sing? Your post about Peter, Paul, and Mary reminds me of a positive memory of when my mom used to sing us to sleep with one of their songs. This was before she became really religious/strict and stopped singing to us.
Where Have All The Flowers Gone by Peter, Paul, and Mary below:
Jethro Tull is a blend of hard rock, folk rock , and progressive rock, similar to Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Yes, or Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. I have albums #2 and 3- Stand Up, and Benefit.
Bonus positive: I was finishing the expansion of my wife's flower beds, digging for a base for the stone edging, when I discovered a coin. It was a Mercury dime- no surprise there as our house dates to 1903, but the date was 1937- cue the Twilight Zone' theme- the same year my parents were married.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 14 degrees Celcius here and the change came too quick for my liking. I know, I am not a good Canadian, I should complain at minus 14 degrees.

One of today’s finds.
View attachment 252013

I had a nice chat with a woman at a flea market today. She said she will be on the lookout for more cat related items for me:)
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- I love that lamp! (It is a lamp, correct?) Kind of looks like a mushroom. Or a toadstool, even. *See what I'll do to get 15 words?* :D

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --There's a reason that you're on my favorite people list. :)
Shane Kent Shane Kent --That must be a lamp. I love it! Your best find yet.
N NY cat man --Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look up all those bands. You have good taste in music.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --See, I love eclectic music like that. Slightly filthy, but not really. Please share more songs like that. ;) What is JA?
@1 bruce 1 --Rookie. That's the word I was trying to think of. We're all the Rookie at one point in time. :D

I think all that was positive. But here's a Bonus Positive. My dad just told me about this country sister duo I had never heard of, Sweethearts of the Rodeo. Check them out. I like the Spanish:

Como Se Dice by Sweethearts of the Rodeo below:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone is having a great day. My positive is that the Feral Mom, Flowers, allowed me to pet her baby, Violet today!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ok, I'll bite, where is that prospective canoe trip going to be? Is that Mars?
I remembered this post when I found this photo! A positive thing for anyone going to Mars! ;) Lol
If go to Florida you get to see a lot of Space related items.

Glad to know you are out there helping people with their kitties,as always! You’re so great!
3C54C431-8483-4061-9779-067E327694A0.jpeg

Jethro Tull
Love that flute! Saw Tull in a fairly small University concert back in the ...... well, way back. Lol

Bonus positive: I was finishing the expansion of my wife's flower beds, digging for a base for the stone edging, when I discovered a coin. It was a Mercury dime- no surprise there as our house dates to 1903, but the date was 1937- cue the Twilight Zone' theme- the same year my parents were married.
My favorite coin! Beautiful! Also known as the “Winged Liberty Head” dime. Very cool that you found one with that date. Treasure! :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone is having a great day. My positive is that the Feral Mom, Flowers, allowed me to pet her baby, Violet today!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ok, I'll bite, where is that prospective canoe trip going to be? Is that Mars?
I remembered this post when I found this photo! A positive thing for anyone going to Mars! ;) Lol
If go to Florida you get to see a lot of Space related items.

Glad to know you are out there helping people with their kitties,as always! You’re so great!
View attachment 252025

My favorite coin! Beautiful! Also known as the “Winged Liberty Head” dime. Very cool that you found one with that date. Treasure! :)
Jcatbird Jcatbird Very impressive! Personally, though, I'd go for THIS uniform:
CATSA Space T-Shirt
because, well, YOU know :geekcat: and that's only thirteen, so here are a few more words.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All you guys are so sweet. Who needs candy when we have this thread? I love the CATSA shirt. You might say that it is positively out of this world!

M maggiedemi Apparently I did a flubbed quote! Lol I wanted to tell you that Belize is a beautiful place in Central America. You would love the vast array of peppers found there. I brought some of that same hot sauce home. Fiery good stuff.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoy the music of The Beatles and Steely Dan, for me, I find the compositions of these artists to be very cleverly written and executed. Also, they do bring me back to many years ago when they (the songs) were making their first 'appearances'. Actually, I was a big fan of Beatle music when I was young and probably listened to each and every song they recorded and released about a hundred times, each! I probably would be correct in saying that I know every word to every song they released!

Although not written by The Beatles, one of the first songs I ever remember hearing and loving from them is this version of 'Honey Don't".

Shane Kent Shane Kent , I love the kitty lamp, the colors are really very wonderful together.

Other paw-sitives are that I have the evening off from work and that means most likely watching a movie and cuddling with Speedy.:popcorn::catrub: I do love the ones (movies) released from the 1930s to say, mid-1960s.:)

Speedy and R raysmyheart wish everyone a great day!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it's not much of a sport, really - certainly not as exciting as watching a baseball or football game on the television set.

Nothing much exciting here this evening either. Put the grill away after dinner, walked down to the river to watch dusk gathering and saw one pair of Eagles gliding back to their nest to settle in for the night; waited for Ms. fox to show up for dinner and had a brief chat with her, and then sat on the patio to watch the sun's last rays varnish the horizon with an hasty rubicund scintillation before the first raindrops began to fall.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
certainly not as exciting as watching a baseball or football game on the television set.
Jcatbird Jcatbird , looks like he's not going to give a prime location away :daisy:

By the way, I think the quote bobble wasn't you - I noticed one of mine was all wonky as well.

Regarding exciting, --Hah! well, ok, NOT talking about the Rockies tonight, although they are still on top of the NL West standings....

HOWEVER

The Broncos HAVE A DEFENSIVE LINE this year again woop woop!!! --now all that matters is that they stay healthy for the REST of the year. ...and get the quarterback to pay better attention...

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , see?
I just KNOW you have more positivity that you can write about as opposed to
that's only thirteen, so here are a few more words.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was movie weekend! Today the bf and I headed to the Music Box to see CatVideoFest! Seventy minutes of the year's best cat videos. And empanadas after. So pawsitive.

I have a Korean beef bulgogi marinating overnight in the fridge. I've never tried making it (or eating it) before, so hopefully it'll turn out well.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy belated Birthday M maggiedemi - I hope yours was a wonderful day filled with delights! And I do love that sinead o Connor song. Shaved my head once (before Britney and everyone else,) but I didn't look 1/2 as nice as she did.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 thank you so much for the well wishes - I think they came through! They accepted the offer tonight officially. (Which is my PAWsitive.) Your house sounds very much like the one we are trying for. Lath / plaster, original woodwork, leader glass windows and built in bookshelves - very arts and crafts- ey (albeit later in the movement.) I have our inspection scheduled for next week, then hopefully smooth sailing after that!

Bonus PAWsitive: I get to catch up on all the music posts during my commute home!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 thank you so much for the well wishes - I think they came through! They accepted the offer tonight officially. (Which is my PAWsitive.) Your house sounds very much like the one we are trying for. Lath / plaster, original woodwork, leader glass windows and built in bookshelves - very arts and crafts- ey (albeit later in the movement.) I have our inspection scheduled for next week, then hopefully smooth sailing after that!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Absolutely delighted for the two of you - and for Mondo and the cats as well, of course! Congratulations on being an homeowner.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.