The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent --I'll have to check out the Go-Gos, I know the name, I just can't remember what songs they sing. Yes, we would love to see Karen's photos.
Norachan Norachan --Yay about Sadie! She's got the feral cat glare that Maggie has. She's starting to soften up at 4 years old though. She doesn't hiss at me anymore. :)
@foxxycat --That's my positive for this post, that you finally came back. Great pic of Honeybee's belly. Hope your foot surgery goes okay. Don't be such a stranger. We miss you when you're gone. And I had to buy my own hot sauce. :D

Bonus positive: Sorry tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , I know you don't like Steven Tyler, but I love the words of this song! It's a romantic slow jam, so there's a chance you might like it. :crossfingers:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat Sure hope it's not going to hang around much longer and that the damage isn't as bad as it could be! Hope there's some help to make you feel less painful, too.
Norachan Norachan :yess: She's so lovely and I'm sure I'm far from alone in being SO glad she is back home!

M maggiedemi I can't. I'll have to take your word for it. ;) No, she was born in Texas, I believe, and grew up there.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine A solemn day, to be sure.

The PAWSitive? TCS, of course! :petcat:and CATS. And all of us who love them.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Who is Marley? I don't know my holidays for obvious reasons, but I'll read up on Patriot's Day, thank you. :)
Funny positive memory for today. I was telling my friend who lives in Texas all about my trip to Austin a few years ago and the gondola boat ride on the Riverwalk. But she tells me I wasn't in Austin, I was in San Antonio! Hmmm, blonde moment? :headscratch:

Here's the link, the Riverwalk is beautiful! Dick's Last Resort was a really fun/strange restaurant. The staff is paid to be rude to the customers.
Casual Dining

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Sorry, momentary lack of judgement. ;) Do you like Madonna?
La Isla Bonita by Madonna below:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Who is Marley? I don't know my holidays for obvious reasons, but I'll read up on Patriot's Day, thank you. :)
Funny positive memory for today. I was telling my friend who lives in Texas all about my trip to Austin a few years ago and the gondola boat ride on the Riverwalk. But she tells me I wasn't in Austin, I was in San Antonio! Hmmm, blonde moment? :headscratch:

Here's the link, the Riverwalk is beautiful! Dick's Last Resort was a really fun/strange restaurant. The staff is paid to be rude to the customers.
Casual Dining

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Sorry, momentary lack of judgement. ;) Do you like Madonna?
La Isla Bonita by Madonna below:
No, though I very much admire HER ambition :lolup: She is well known in the music biz for having been extremely ambitious in getting her own career launched. While ambition is not one of my folks' traditional values, I do recognize the need for it in the mainstream culture. Funny, when I was in the music biz, I came across a poster that said something like, "A strange thing happens when you don't promote. NOTHING." *It was wedged behind a file cabinet.* :sigh:
Anyway, to make this PAWSitive, I admire each and every performer who has the ambition and stamina to "make it" in the biz. Whether or not I personally like them is immaterial. If people really knew what goes into that kind of career, there would be very little, if any, envy or emulation of these people.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for this post is fresh tomatoes from the garden! Had them on toast with mayo, lettuce, swiss cheese, and Bahamian Goat Pepper powder (similar to scotch bonnet or habanero)
Not sure what Bahamian means. :headscratch:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ---Aww man, I'm striking out today. Okay, what about this one, it's kinda soul and jazzy.

You Gotta Be by Des'ree below.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And to think, it's only been a year, or so, kind of, plus a bit, ...sort of like Bob's weight :biggrin:

M maggiedemi well, for me, --> I <-- like your musical choices, every one of them :thumbsup: .

Small joys, luvin on a sleeping cat and all he does is mmmrrr and stretch out a bit :petcat:

Driving my car on the Interstate and letting those horses run a bit :yess: yeah, dang, My Church!

Getting out of the dentist's in 10 minutes. Whew.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi what a cutie!!

More simple joys; seeing hummingbirds getting sustenance from the feeder, and bumblebees and a Hummingbird Moth still getting a little help from the second blooming of the larkspur this year.

Seriously, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine thank you for the National Anthem and the flag. To all our heroes, and EVERYone involved, my hat is off to you :salute:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Thanks! I keep hoping to find one where my hair is combed, but so far no luck, just pics with messy hair. I guess nobody had time to comb my hair :dunno:

Funny positive story. Demi is finally getting his mojo back. He was sleeping in my bedroom, I opened the door and he went Purrowww and cannonballed out into my face and I spilled my coffee all over myself. The positive thing about this is that I was worried about him, he was sleeping a lot. So I guess he is feeling better. :)

Bonus positive:
The Look by Roxette

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Oh, don't feel bad! If I posted a lot of the music I listen to, I'd strike out, I'm sure (along with getting a lot of "WHAT IS THAT STUFF???). Yes, that is an old favorite of mine -- thanks!

What a pretty little girl :) And no way am I posting a baby pic, as I looked like a big fat cross-eyed Buddha-type kid. *Yes, really.*

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , I am really glad Sadie has returned home.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , thank you for sharing this awesome version of The National Anthem by The United States Marine Band.

@foxxycat , Speedy and I are sending healing wishes for your foot.

Many people around my area are thinking of apples this month, it is the apple's time to shine, so I thought that this weekend would be an excellent time to make a dessert with locally-grown apples. It may be an apple pie, if not, then applesauce or apple crisp. Or do I mean apple buckle? Apple crumble? Cobbler? Apple tart or Apple Strudel? Anyhow...... something with the local and wonderful apples will be made!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day or evening.:geekcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , I am really glad Sadie has returned home.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , thank you for sharing this awesome version of The National Anthem by The United States Marine Band.

@foxxycat , Speedy and I are sending healing wishes for your foot.

Many people around my area are thinking of apples this month, it is the apple's time to shine, so I thought that this weekend would be an excellent time to make a dessert with locally-grown apples. It may be an apple pie, if not, then applesauce or apple crisp. Or do I mean apple buckle? Apple crumble? Cobbler? Apple tart or Apple Strudel? Anyhow...... something with the local and wonderful apples will be made!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day or evening.:geekcat:
Where did you say you lived, R raysmyheart ? I'll be right over! :lolup: Seriously, all of those sound SO good. I don't know what apple buckle is, but if it has apples, I think I'd probably love it.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you say you lived, R raysmyheart ? I'll be right over! :lolup: Seriously, all of those sound SO good. I don't know what apple buckle is, but if it has apples, I think I'd probably love it.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , I'm getting myself pretty confused looking for recipes for buckles and crumbles and crisps and so on and keeping them all straight! :dizzy: But I refreshed my memory in reading that a buckle is with cake batter and fruit and a streusel topping which, when it is in the oven, the cake batter surrounds the fruit and the streudel which is sinking a bit, thus making the cake look 'buckled'. If that wasn't enough to confuse me, I go on to read about toppings cooked on top of the fruit with oats and some without oats in the mixture. These each go by different names.:doh:

All this being said, I think what I really want is fruit topped and baked with pie crust-like spoonfuls. I think that is a cobbler.:cheerleader:

I also remember now, this time of year, a local supermarket bakery bakes whole, peeled and cored apples with a wonderful pie crust around them. I forget what this item is called, but it is so full of cinnamon and delicious.

A paw-sitive this week is an interesting Question of the Day in The Cat Lounge, asking what kinds of apples are our favorites. I am enjoying each response paw-sitively and immensely.:)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yay about Sadie! She's got the feral cat glare that Maggie has. She's starting to soften up at 4 years old though. She doesn't hiss at me anymore.
I think Sadie got all the feral genes for her litter. Her three sisters are total love bugs. So much so that it's really hard to get anything done around here at times, because they just want to be picked up and petted.

They all moved in when they were around 4 months old and they're 6 now. I guess this is as tame as Sadie is ever going to get.

Never mind, I can admire her from afar.

Who is Marley?
Marley is Sadie's boyfriend. Marley was the surrogate Big Brother to Twinkle, Sadie, Carpet and Chicken when they were baby cats and... holy cow - don't you know all the relationships among her cats?
Wow, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You do know your stuff!

:goldstar:

Yep, Marley is Sadie's one true love. I'm sure the only reason she came home was because she missed him.

Sadie will do anything to be with Marley.

A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G!

SadieMarley1.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , I'm getting myself pretty confused looking for recipes for buckles and crumbles and crisps and so on and keeping them all straight! :dizzy: But I refreshed my memory in reading that a buckle is with cake batter and fruit and a streusel topping which, when it is in the oven, the cake batter surrounds the fruit and the streudel which is sinking a bit, thus making the cake look 'buckled'. If that wasn't enough to confuse me, I go on to read about toppings cooked on top of the fruit with oats and some without oats in the mixture. These each go by different names.:doh:

All this being said, I think what I really want is fruit topped and baked with pie crust-like spoonfuls. I think that is a cobbler.:cheerleader:

I also remember now, this time of year, a local supermarket bakery bakes whole, peeled and cored apples with a wonderful pie crust around them. I forget what this item is called, but it is so full of cinnamon and delicious.

A paw-sitive this week is an interesting Question of the Day in The Cat Lounge, asking what kinds of apples are our favorites. I am enjoying each response paw-sitively and immensely.:)
YUM!!! I used to get apfelstrudel from a supermarket. It is similar to what you're talking about wanting -- apples mixed with spices and sugar, with the crust outside and coarse sugar on top. SO good! As far as apples go, I like every type I've ever had, with the Delicious being my least favorite and ones like Gala, Pink Lady, MacIntosh (McIntosh?), Winesap, Braeburn being my faves.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Sadie got all the feral genes for her litter. Her three sisters are total love bugs. So much so that it's really hard to get anything done around here at times, because they just want to be picked up and petted.

They all moved in when they were around 4 months old and they're 6 now. I guess this is as tame as Sadie is ever going to get.

Never mind, I can admire her from afar.

Wow, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You do know your stuff!

:goldstar:

Yep, Marley is Sadie's one true love. I'm sure the only reason she came home was because she missed him.

Sadie will do anything to be with Marley.

A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G!

View attachment 252377
Norachan Norachan - Holy cow, you're here early! Did Sophie and Albert set your bed on fire?

;)

I'll bet that Moo Shu would Love Sophie.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I'm so happy about Sadie's return. I am all smiley from seeing the love between Sadie and Marley in that photo. And the Grand High Archiver 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine is very impressive with his knowledge of cat relationships!

M maggiedemi you were just too adorable as a little one! You looked very happy. I will try to find a funny baby picture of myself to contribute.

R raysmyheart ok, I'm on my way over, too! Who can resist the combination of apples / cinnamon (and sugar) in the Fall!?

My PAWSITIVE is that most of my cat traveling supplies arrived for the move. This way, I have enough time to get them used to the new, more spacious carriers (you know, the ones without all those vet visit memories,) and their harnesses. Plus Feliway, LOTS of Feliway. I'm looking forward to trying things out tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.