The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Sadly, you're absolutely right - "foodwise" it is. I've tried to teach him to use the actual vacuum cleaner, but alas, to no avail. Moo Shu, at least, does windows.

View attachment 245137
Oh, yeah, sure! I know you've been flinging tuna juice all over those windows. You can't fool me. Or Moo Shu, for that matter. She's PAWSitive you do this just to get free work out of her. :angrycat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_2913 (2).JPG
A dear friend just gave me 3 cats, the figurine kind as I do not need any more furballs. Is that pawsitive or what? The brown one is made from wood with a metal bell, the blue one has Aegyptian writing on its base and the white one seems to be Asian.View attachment 245168
I have a blue one just like that! It's quite a bright pure blue. The other two are so nice, too! You do discover some amazingly PAWSitive finds, don't you?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dear friend just gave me 3 cats, the figurine kind as I do not need any more furballs.
segelkatt segelkatt - Norachan Norachan told me this morning that you had called first dibs on her beautiful "Carpet" but now you say that you have enough furballs!

<rubbing hands together like a mad scientist>

Ha ha! Carpet and Forest Cat - come to Daddy!!!

What a delightful evening it is here - just as it was a beautiful day. The stars are coming out as dusk settles, and with the absolutely clear sky, shortly the world will be awash in starlight.

Go outside tonight - if only for a few minutes - and look up. Try to remember having done so when you were just a child, and the thoughts you had then. Not much different than they are today, are they?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I am enjoying all the posts! @Furballsmom i love the squirrel and hummer picture! Good catch on that shot! Getting them both being still long enough to do that is unusual! (You rock too!) 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I always laugh at your cat reports. Your pics are creative too. Go Moo Shu! As for looking at the stars and remembering childhood thoughts, I remember being half asleep in the backseat of a car and watching the stars out the window. Also the “falling stars” reflected in a still sea. You are right. I still get that same feeling. Day or night, the ever changing beauty of the sky always makes me smile.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 You made me laugh too! Tuna juice! Since I have a whole crew of cats I think I would require a lot of juice but I like the general concept. Tee hee Are there cat labor laws? I guess if they are having fun it’s okay! segelkatt segelkatt You find the greatest kitty figurines! You have a talent for the hunt.
Norachan Norachan congratulations on that post! It is my experience that your timing is always impeccable. Additions here help the kitties and are uplifting for us humans! It’s a win, win!
A positive memory for me is learning about the ocean phosphorescence as a child. When conditions are right at night and you stir the ocean, the sea lights up with thousands of pinpricks of light. I was amazed that tiny living organisms could make the dark waters come alive and sparkle like the stars. I am still amazed by the beauty we find in nature. Happy night to all!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - I actually love the sweet cheese. It was probably my favorite of the eight I had (i chose potato, meat, potato & cheddar, potato & sweet cheese, sweet cheese, blueberry, strawberry and plum.
How were the fruit ones cooked and served? I always saute mine in butter. I don't really like mixing sweet and salty or sweet and savory. So I have a hard time imagining the fruit ones as any good. My favorite has always been the cabbage/kraut ones. I usually make a package of potato and a package of cabbage and try to get everyone else to eat up the potato so I can have the cabbage as leftovers later. :insertevillaugh:

Today my DD had her first dance performance with her little group. They did a good job! She can be shy so it's nice to see her stepping out a bit as shes getting older.

I also went to the craft store and found some really good deals on toys and craft sets for my kids for Christmas! I always try to do a little toy shopping in the summer when the stores are getting ready for new releases so discounting old things. My mother took home today's finds to hide at her house. I keep a storage tote in the garage for just this purpose; but I'm going to need a 2nd and the kids were going to be in the car on the way home. I can't hide things quite as easily as when they were young. ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How were the fruit ones cooked and served? I always saute mine in butter. I don't really like mixing sweet and salty or sweet and savory. So I have a hard time imagining the fruit ones as any good.
It looked like they were frying them up. I'm not sure if there was butter or not. I don't mind the mixing of sweet and savory though! They were almost like mini pies I guess, except the dough wasn't as sweet as pie crust.

I had a pretty relaxing day today. And I moved a dresser into the bedroom and got a good half of my clothes out of the laundry basket, which I've been living out of since I moved in. It's nice to have my furniture.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yesterday was a very productive day. Got lots of chores done. Vacuuming, dusting, wash kitchen floor, bathtub, windows where Honeybee has nose spots from her pressing against window begging to open window lol. I also purged a ton of stuff..stuff that's been stacked in a corner for years..boxes.

I worked on a puzzle later on. Was too hot outside to work in garden.

Here's Miss Bee making a pest of herself. But I do love it when she jumps up for some love.
20180729_133146.jpg

This morning snapped a few pictures of flowers:
This bee looks to be sleeping..
20180730_054500.jpg

Wild morning glories

20180730_054423.jpg

20180730_054427.jpg

20180730_054427.jpg

View from side road...a sea of color for now..

20180730_054528.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat What a beautiful array of pix, especially that first one ;):winkcat: All those colorful flowers and all that green is eye candy for me, in the heat and dried-out la-la land!
Nice to see all the different cultural pride going on. I've always loved that and know there is strength and beauty in diversity. That, and the love of cats, is so PAWSitive for me as we head into another week!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt - Norachan Norachan told me this morning that you had called first dibs on her beautiful "Carpet" but now you say that you have enough furballs!

Ho, ho, ho! Carpet is still mine when the time comes. I always leave room for Carpet so by now I am all filled up but for that space that is reserved for her.

What a delightful evening it is here - just as it was a beautiful day. The stars are coming out as dusk settles, and with the absolutely clear sky, shortly the world will be awash in starlight.

Go outside tonight - if only for a few minutes - and look up. Try to remember having done so when you were just a child, and the thoughts you had then. Not much different than they are today, are they?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This bee looks to be sleeping..
View attachment 245285
foxxycat foxxycat - Well, Echinacea is supposed to relieve stress and enhance sleep, after all.

It is just a splendid day here on Lake Ontario's south shore, wit the temperature in the low seventies despite the bright, cloudless skies. The forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday call for rain once more, and the same for Saturday and Sunday. Four days of rain would just about catch us up to our Summer average, and already - except for some dormancy in the full sun areas of the lawn - things have begun to look more like May again, rather than our Blowtorch June and July (by July 4th, 182 NWS locations in New York State had reported their warmest weather ever, with a record 119º Heat Index on July 3rd).

Good news for foxxycat foxxycat and @raysmyheart as well - both current models show the Tuesday thunderstorms here sweeping the length of Lake Ontario, across the Adirondacks, and dumping on New England on Wednesday. Get those brollies bumbershoots ready, ladies!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
People at both the flea markets in the town near the cottage have commented to me "you really love cats". I guess it was rather obvious because I bought up all their nice pieces.

This cat vase appears to be from a US artist Nina Lyman.
CatVaseJuly29_2018.JPG

Nina Lyman - I don't have a facebook account so I am not able to see her photos. She appears to be involved in animal rescue or promoting animal rescue.

CatFigurineJuly29_2018.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People at both the flea markets in the town near the cottage have commented to me "you really love cats". I guess it was rather obvious because I bought up all their nice pieces.

This cat vase appears to be from a US artist Nina Lyman.
View attachment 245312

Nina Lyman - I don't have a facebook account so I am not able to see her photos. She appears to be involved in animal rescue or promoting animal rescue.

View attachment 245313
Some wonderful finds, Shane Kent Shane Kent , especially love that little grey tabby! Yes, you can see Nina Lyman's facebook or at least a bit of it: Nina Lyman and yes, she seems to be a good person involved in PAWSitive things for animals.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for tonight is a thank you to all the great people I have met through this site and gratitude for all the love I have received from so many kitties. I am happy I have seen so many beautiful places, animals, flowers, landscapes, and skies and have learned so many new things here. I also send my gratitude for all the laughter. All the above has made my world a better place. All very positive things! May things stay “looking up” and happy for all.
A6608251-BDD8-46F0-BC9E-9C0A32B7744D.jpeg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations
Thank you.

:blush:
Congratulations on Post Six Thousand!
Thank you. I'm eagerly awaiting my TCS t-shirt. I asked for a black one, so Carpet and I would match.

Karen drove me to the flea market on the way home and let the leash go
You most have a huge collection of cat figurines now. Do you know how many you have? Which one is your favourite?

OK, but only if you'll take Little Boy as well. He's smashed a plate and clawed my yoga mat already this evening. If you won't take him I don't know who will.

:evilgrin:

Norachan Norachan congratulations on that post!
Thank you. Thank you for sharing all the lovely kitten pictures with us as well.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - My favorite so far is the Tonala Mexican pottery cat.

I posted all four side of the Mexican cat in the following post on this thread.

The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

I am not sure how many I have now but it is a lot. I got these on the weekend.

CatWhiteFigJuly30_2018.JPG

CatFigX3July30_2018.JPG

Hope everyone has a Tremendous Tuesday. I will be going to the cottage after work to help my father in-law. A mid week trip to the cottage is always welcome:)

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Hi Everybody!
My pawsitive thought for today is that I am so very grateful that my kitties are in good health and are seemingly happy! Theo (the higher one) will be 1 yrs old in August and Windy will be 6 in September! They have a much bigger cat tree than what is in the picture and they love it! :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OK, but only if you'll take Little Boy as well. He's smashed a plate and clawed my yoga mat already this evening. If you won't take him I don't know who will.:evilgrin:
Norachan Norachan - As I type this, Moo Shu has taken apart both televisions, the Cuisinart and a vintage Fender Showman amplifier, and is assembling a Snowshoe Death Ray on the workbench in the barn, and you think I'd refuse that beautiful Little Boy because of a broken plate and a couple of claw marks? You're daft, woman - I think you've gone 'round the bend!

Ready to go 'round here in a moment - on the tractor, to get the lawn sorted before the rains come - and a perfect day for it, too. Here's a wish for all for a Terrific Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.