The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to catch up with all the wonderful posts here and photos I see as I am a little behind but I want to say I am so happy for the paw-sitive of animals in our Lives. My Speedy always has a cuddle for me, no matter what and the birds that come to my birdfeeder, well, I can hardly believe anything could be so beautiful and carefully Created, with their colors and little chirps and all, I just am very thankful for these things today!:daisy::daisy::daisy:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the Rockies lost last night due to a poor management decision to wait too long before pulling a faltering pitcher, HOWever thanks to other losses across the league we're still only ONE game back. One game!! ...a really tight race for the top, which doesn't happen all that often after the all-star break. :woo:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird -- you're not alone there!
@Norachan -- Me! Me! I will! :lolup:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- beware the Snowshoe Death Ray! *Even more frightening than the Elon Musk flamethrower or the 3D printer plastic AK
aifinkso!* :fireblob:
@Shane Kent -- Can one ever have too large a collection of cat figurines? *No way!* we both answer ;)
Watered the parched plants, who were all happy for the drink. Enjoying the company of a small, colorful assistant as I work.
IMG_0904.JPG

Various small cats including a set of napkin rings, and a really beautiful wood cat on a wagon -- she plays "Memories" from -- what else? -- "CATS". These all belonged to my mom.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Norachan -- Me! Me! I will! :lolup:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - You're a sweetheart, but you're so predictable. If @Norachan had said, "Little Boy just blew up the house; who wants him?" you'd have your hand up and been jumpin' up and down like a frog on a trampoline.

@Shane Kent - Be careful - if that collection gets too big, Karen will have you and all those figurines sleepin' out in the garage!

Looks like out thunderstorms have stalled over Lake Erie, and are now pushed back a couple of hours in the forecast. Plenty of time to finish up now.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Guilty as charged,* 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ! I never met a cat I didn't love. I'm absolutely PAWSitive about that. Because? Because CATS. :crackup:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'm with you on that one. I've never met anyone I liked as well as I like my cats, although there are a few people on TCS who come pretty darn close.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'm with you on that one. I've never met anyone I liked as well as I like my cats, although there are a few people on TCS who come pretty darn close.
:) Cat-loving people are the BEST people, I think we'd agree! Ten times out of ten, I find that people who truly love cats are pretty decent people all the way around. In fact, I'm PAWSitive of that. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat -- I need you to teach me how to clean one of these days. I never know what products to use on what surfaces. Remember that guy on the TV show Full House, Danny Tanner? I want to marry that guy, he could clean anything.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- You said it might rain in the Adirondacks. What about the Malone part? That's a cool little town near here.
My positive for the day is I just found out that my oldest brother and his wife now manage a feral/stray cat rescue in San Antonio, Texas! I nearly fell out of my chair, I didn't even know they knew what a feral cat was. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for tonight is my best! Banjo and Whistle had a four day adventure that turned out great! They were lost in another state but now both kitties are found. I am elated! When they are back in my arms I will post an even more positive update. Can it get much more positive than this? Yes! A couple of furry bundles in my arms again!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- You said it might rain in the Adirondacks. What about the Malone part? That's a cool little town near here.
M maggiedemi - The front slid south of me last night, and looks to be over the central Adirondacks - Piseco / Lake Pleasant - right now, and might be headed your way. Our June / July figures now show this to be the hottest and driest on record. Maybe August will give us a bit more precipitation.

Heavy overcast here today, which helps with the comfort level - especially in the woods. Spotted this morning, Monarchs in abundance, a Hummingbird Moth, a Viceroy, and (pointing at you, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ) a Mourning Cloak. I believe the butterfly population here this Summer is the largest I've ever seen!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi - The front slid south of me last night, and looks to be over the central Adirondacks - Piseco / Lake Pleasant - right now, and might be headed your way. Our June / July figures now show this to be the hottest and driest on record. Maybe August will give us a bit more precipitation.

Heavy overcast here today, which helps with the comfort level - especially in the woods. Spotted this morning, Monarchs in abundance, a Hummingbird Moth, a Viceroy, and (pointing at you, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ) a Mourning Cloak. I believe the butterfly population here this Summer is the largest I've ever seen!
Butterflies are ALWAYS a PAWSitive, aren't they, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ? and those hummingbird moths are amazing!
Woke up feeling kind of mopey so right away, started going down a checklist of blessings -- in no time, the "mopes" were gone! It's a tough world, but every one of us has so many reason to be thankful. I have a big blue/cream reason warming my lap right now.
IMG_0887.JPG
Now if THIS isn't a reason to be joyful, IDK what is. :cutecat:
*And yes, anyone who wants to diss/rag on/make fun of our vintage carpet, be my guest. Just be grateful you can't see the wallpaper in the closet. It'd give you 1970s nightmares.*

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --I will thank him. I guess my fancy brother and I have more in common than I thought. That's definitely a positive for this post, reconnecting with family and maybe trading tips on working with our ferals. And I agree with you about cats being all our reasons. My cats are my reason for reason. ;)
Jcatbird Jcatbird -- That's the best news ever, can't wait until Banjo & Whistle get back.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- another positive for this post, speaking of Malone, NY. They rebuilt Almanzo Wilder's farm. Laura Ingall's husband from Little House on the Prairie. I'll have to visit there soon.
https://almanzowilderfarm.com/visit-us/buildings/

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butterflies are ALWAYS a PAWSitive, aren't they, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ? and those hummingbird moths are amazing!
Woke up feeling kind of mopey so right away, started going down a checklist of blessings -- in no time, the "mopes" were gone! It's a tough world, but every one of us has so many reason to be thankful. I have a big blue/cream reason warming my lap right now. View attachment 245575Now if THIS isn't a reason to be joyful, IDK what is. :cutecat:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - This is the first year I've seen Hummingbird Moths here, and they're just amazing.

Hey - I'll play Cat Pillow Toss against you any time you like - I nearly always land the cat on the pillow.

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - This is the first year I've seen Hummingbird Moths here, and they're just amazing.

Hey - I'll play Cat Pillow Toss against you any time you like - I nearly always land the cat on the pillow.

;)
Oh, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- shame on you for CAT-a-pulting Moo Shoo Snowshoe -- no wonder she's always giving you CATtitude! :redtongue:

M maggiedemi -- SO well put! And it's so wonderful how cats draw people of diverse backgrounds, interests and places -- and even NOT so diverse all of the above -- together! For me, the moment I discover someone loves cats, they're automatically my friend, no matter their ideology/whatever else. Even people who want to give away their Snowshoes :angrycat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Terrible. Just TERRIBLE. :fuming::angrywoman::yelling::angryfire::mad::livid: But to be on the PAWSitive side, I KNOW you love that Snowshoe with all your heart. :happycat:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - She's more fun than almost any other cat I've ever known - she's just a little too smart, and a little too wily for my own good. Yeah... I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , its no more than you deserve LOL a cat that keeps you in line :catface::winkcat:

Yeah, I sent you that one. I must have, --the hummingbird moth I saw earlier this year said adios fairly soon after. :thumbsup:

Positive for today, lotsa errands and shopping and suchnot, done....mostly.
Is shopping EVER truly done? :blush:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.