The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is I just had a lady from our neighbourhood committee group call to the door with a leaflet about making our area blooming marvellous :lol2:

On Saturday we can go to the allotments and we'll be given seedlings and either window boxes or hanging baskets free of charge so we can grow our own flowers. Obviously a lot of us already have flowers in our gardens, but it will be lovely having the whole community working together to make our neighbourhood a more beautiful place :hyper:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom , I forgot about the mourning doves and I do remember their wonderful sound. Funny we don't get them here anymore, at least right now, hopefully, they will come back to visit!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , Bob is a very regal, majestic-looking cat, not to mention very gentle appearing at the same time!

@foxxycat, I love the bee balm flowers. My Dad and I used to grow many of them and they are hummingbird and bee and butterfly magnets for sure! We grew all the colors but our favorite was the deep red. The smell of the leaves crushed is very wonderful. I like the height and silhouette of the bee balm, it reminds me a lot of the cleome, or spider flowers we also used to grow.

Speedy has many visitors to the birdfeeder today, especially many red finches and goldfinches.

Can't help but post this photo of Speedy which says it all - she is just one sweet cat -
20180610_085114.jpg Speedy wishes all a good day! :daisy:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
it will be lovely having the whole community working together to make our neighbourhood a more beautiful place :hyper:
what a nice thing! Good for you-all!
R raysmyheart , I'm just guessing that Speedy's personality is taking after her people ;)
My positive is that technology is an amazing thing, what with the applications that are possible now with wireless, smart phones, voice recognition so you don't have to type in your password every time you call your investment company, etc.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is I just had a lady from our neighbourhood committee group call to the door with a leaflet about making our area blooming marvellous :lol2:

On Saturday we can go to the allotments and we'll be given seedlings and either window boxes or hanging baskets free of charge so we can grow our own flowers. Obviously a lot of us already have flowers in our gardens, but it will be lovely having the whole community working together to make our neighbourhood a more beautiful place :hyper:
HellsBells80 HellsBells80 , what an awesome idea!

I took out some of my beach treasures from years past, here is just one of them. I am always blown away by the perfect, intentional, beautiful art Nature puts on the sand dollar.
20180705_150207.jpg

Wishing a good day to all!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Foxxy--- I love the photo of Honeybee's belly, I just want to tickle it. Maybe she would get along better with Maggie than Demi. Maggie loves to smack me too. :D
My positive for today is the box from my brother contained several different olive oils from different countries and a fancy dispenser, just like they use on the cooking shows. A fun and useful gift since I'm learning how to cook. :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pawsitive here is that the clouds began rolling in here just about seven minutes ago, and we've dropped from 94º to 86º in that brief stretch of time. For our Friends in the Toronto metro area across the lake - get out your umbrellas, because the rain's right on top of you!

Edit: nine minutes later, and down another two degrees.

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari wonderful to see Lelia and Friend getting more comfortable around each other.:) Both are beautiful cats.

PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws , I'm glad Milly liked her new food!

I spotted these berry plants growing like crazy near my property.
20180705_190448.jpg 20180705_190423.jpg 20180705_190438.jpg
I believe they are Black Raspberry, I am going by the fact that the leaves have soft veining and thorns are pretty mild. Thank you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine for posting earlier in this thread very helpful information on distinguishing Blackberries from Black Raspberries, it can get a little confusing. Then you have red raspberries, boysenberries, blueberries, strawberries. Oh, forget it! I'm thinking of a Bumbleberry pie! ;)

Very paw-sitive is that I will watch the musical Oklahoma! this evening. Speedy has already claimed her spot on the couch to view this film. Nothing could be better!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari wonderful to see Lelia and Friend getting more comfortable around each other.:) Both are beautiful cats.

PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws , I'm glad Milly liked her new food!

I spotted these berry plants growing like crazy near my property.
View attachment 240318 View attachment 240317 View attachment 240319
I believe they are Black Raspberry, I am going by the fact that the leaves have soft veining and thorns are pretty mild. Thank you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine for posting earlier in this thread very helpful information on distinguishing Blackberries from Black Raspberries, it can get a little confusing. Then you have red raspberries, boysenberries, blueberries, strawberries. Oh, forget it! I'm thinking of a Bumbleberry pie! ;)

Very paw-sitive is that I will watch the musical Oklahoma! this evening. Speedy has already claimed her spot on the couch to view this film. Nothing could be better!

R raysmyheart - All those berries will be loaded with seeds. Send them to me, and I'll dispose of them properly.

;)

We've dropped down into the seventies here, and the cooler weather had Mama Fox scampering on the back lawn. A narrow band of thunderstorms is charging across Lake Ontario from Shane Kent Shane Kent Land to the north, due here any minute, for which every bit of foliage in the path will be grateful!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine It is sweltering here in the valley with humidity you could swim through. @tarasgirl06 I wish I had winter out the back door right now.

But I did well at a thrift store today.

IMG_1355.JPG

Polished up nicely, she was pitted.

This one is from Japan and has imprints of what look like butterflies on it.
IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Bee Balm, sanddollars ( never thought about the pattern on them resembling a flower, sea flowers!) kitties on trees, a variety pack of olive oil, berries to make berry pie, watching the weather travel, and so many other delightful things! I just love this thread!
My positive for today is that Whistle returned home. My little buddy is a rescue kitty and one of the sweetest little guys ever. He has been very sick but I was able to bring him back to his sister Banjo today. They are supposed to move to Florida in a couple of weeks to live together with a wonderful young man. I am so happy that they are being adopted together. I am very grateful that Whistle is improving.
Banjo is grateful too and has been snuggling Whistle since he returned. No two siblings could be closer.
A0DC8866-7710-4383-86FF-1B0CC8285FBA.jpeg

Whistle making bread in my lap with his extra wide paws. He was positively happy to be home.
78FF5487-6418-4A7A-A57C-736A966C02F0.jpeg

Whistle settled in for a, much needed, cat nap. It was great to have him stretched out and relaxed. All great stuff!
405D89DE-72B4-4642-B956-ED7641863142.jpeg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine It is sweltering here in the valley with humidity you could swim through.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Just checked local weather, and out humidity's 95% - but that's not uncommon here, jammed between the river and the lake. At 73º as it stands right now, 95% relative humidity doesn't seem bad at all, but yesterday's heat index was 119º officially. Don't fret - the cold front's just hours away from cottage country.

I sat on the patio tonight, watching the lightning and listening to the thunder until I was too soaked to be comfortable. I'd guess we had just over half an inch of rain, and every last plant and blade of grass is singing right now!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel like lately I've had a lot of crazy stuff, but I've been incredibly lucky every time. Today is no exception. We scheduled a mass removal for our dog, Mondo, and were expecting the worst. The needle biopsy came back inconclusive, but the vet kept worrying about how hard it seemed, and the rate at which it was growing larger.
So we took him in today to have it removed, only to find out that it was only a foxtail which had been lodged under his skin! Not that that's great - we have so many foxtails here it is going to be really hard to keep them off him and allow him to enjoy the outdoors at all. But we have already ordered a fine tooth comb to do our best.
I feel so bad that he was suffering from that burr the whole time, as I try to get them off his dense coat ASAP, and I brush him every day. I imagine the brushing might have irriated it, too. The super-happy, relief-ridden, amazing, fantastic and PAWsitive part is that it isn't the C-word or any other major worry, and the foxtail came out of his side completely, with a much smaller incision than we expected.

Poor guy is still sleeping off the anaesthesia, but I am so happy he's gonna be ok!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Nice to read that all went well and not something critical for your family member Mondo. Hope he has a good sleep and wakes up feeling refreshed.

P.S. My best find yesterday was this. Absolutely beautiful kitty from Mexico.

Side1.JPG

Side2.JPG

Side3.JPG

Side4.JPG

@tarasgirl06 OMC Forget the black kitty. WTC is this!

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lance - age twenty-one - and White Tip are racing up and down the stairway, batting a catnip mousie as they go;
And may they continue to do so for a good long time to come!! :runningcat:

I had a large black furry feline helping me make beds today, and even got in some kitten-ish 'chase the fingers under the sheet" time !!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
After a miserably cool beginning of the summer we finally got some heat, in spades! I thought my tomatoes would never get red this year. I'm not complaining at all although for the next 4 days we are expecting and already have had a whole day of 100F+ temps with the wind blowing hot out of the desert. I just closed up the place with shutters, the enclosed patio has vertical blinds which I drew this a.m. at 6 and I have not needed the AC all day, just had a little fan going to move the air around. Of course it helps that when these winds blow from the opposite direction than usual the humidity goes way down, like under 30%. Of course I went to water my garden as soon as I had closed up the place, was back by 8 and it was still under 70 inside as it cools down every night to about 65. Picked 10 ears of corn and made my neighbors happy, also Japanese cucumbers, some green beans. Found a sleeping Monarch caterpillar among the various flowers on the ground, there is plenty of milkweed for the Monarchs growing among the flowers. I pull most of those early in the spring because they would take over but always leave plenty for the Monarchs of which I have seen quite a few this year, not only in the garden but also just fluttering around elsewhere. Then watered all the outside and inside plants and fed the orchids, 2 of which are still blooming and hoping for more.
Kitties are mostly hanging out on the cool tiles but for crazy black Panthera who spent all day on the patio where it got to be 95. Otherwise I just loafed around, watched some TV and took a nap.
So everything is alright with the world, summer has finally arrived in SoCal with proper temps expected after this heat wave goes away. It's all pawsitive!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the puzzles on this thread made me want to do one, and I had gotten some free ones from my school raid the other day, so I spent some time the past few days putting together a 500 piecer.

I was taught as a small child it is cheating to look at the box when you build a puzzle, so it might take me longer, but it's immensely satisfying. My bf disagrees on the cheating part, but he gets no say in how any future children are taught. :p

Lelia had a vet appointment this morning and did sooo well. I had an easier time getting her in the carrier and the vet and tech kept telling her what a gorgeous and brave girl she was being. She still was a bit mad at me and hid when we got home, but overall, I'm glad it went so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.