The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Please take care and be safe, I've been watching the wildfires and "blazing heat" on the news. :hugs:

My pawsitive news for today is that DH and I spent five hours walking in the windy city and along the Riverwalk with the exception of stopping for lunch. The temps were perfect to eat outdoors and we took advantage of the glorious weather. I don't have a fitbit or keep track of my steps but if I did I'm sure there would be quite a few. :walk:
neely neely - Wait... you're home already? You were that close to Lake Point Tower and he didn't take you to Cité for dinner? Why that scoundrel!

;)

The sky here is absolutely alight with stars tonight. If it's clear - wherever you are - go out and look at them. You won't be disappointed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely - Wait... you're home already? You were that close to Lake Point Tower and he didn't take you to Cité for dinner? Why that scoundrel!
Opposite direction - Bistro Zinc, one of my favorites.

Fireflies dancing, instead of nasty mosquitos, on the patio tonight make for a lovely backdrop.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20180707_162246_HDR.jpg

This is a bouncy castle. That I got to bounce in. For my best friend's 35th birthday party.

It was very pawsitive. And bouncy. I had a great time at her party. She lives a bit far from me now, so I appreciate having opportunities to see her.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opposite direction - Bistro Zinc, one of my favorites.

Fireflies dancing, instead of nasty mosquitos, on the patio tonight make for a lovely backdrop.
neely neely - I knew he couldn't be that much of a scoundrel!

;)

I've never been to Bistrot Zinc, but a rather wish I had. I'm very sorry to hear that they're closing shop at August's end.

The patio here is alive with fireflies as well, their reflexions in the pool's surface making every one appear like Siamese Twins as they skim over the water's surface. The late-blooming honeysuckle still floats on the air, and the night is fit for both Man and beast.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Well I changed my mind around noontime and decided to go to my friend's house. I did some house cleaning and said if I go to my friend's house I won't have to vacuum. :lol: so that's what I did.

My dad n his squeeze met us there later. Took a few dips in the pool and teased their dog. Held a baby too. And best part? Watching the fireworks that my friend set up and lit off.

Weather was perfect. 79 and no clouds in sight. The pool was jam packed with kids and adults having fun. I got to do a few jumps off the diving board...a can opener. It makes a huge splash ... and of course cannon ball. The little kids were doing front flips and somersaults into the water.

Now home relaxing winding down and a Bee Kitty is snoozing on my belly as I type.

@MoochNNoodles I love the petunias you have! I drive by this local plant place and notice they still have yards of petunia plants not sold..waiting till they are dirt cheap then will plant them all over the yard to self seed...i want them to self seed enough sp they won't have to be planted yearly in the ground. Will still buy them for the pots but a garden full of blossoms is my hope as long as we have enough rain.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've never been to Bistrot Zinc, but a rather wish I had. I'm very sorry to hear that they're closing shop at August's end.
Yes, it's a true shame. I'd like to say, "all good things come to an end," but they will be immensely and fondly missed. It appears to be contagious since my other favorite, Le Colonial, a French Vietnamese restaurant, will also be closing but there's a silver lining since they will be relocating nearby to a new location with more space and promise to keep the same inviting atmosphere.

On a pawsitive note I took this pic of our grand city's Riverwalk with some of the iconic buildings in the background. Not the best pic along the river but I'm not the best photographer either. :wink:

Chicago Riverwalk.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great photos, --of dragons too by the way LOL, laughter, flowers, bugs, cats, good food, bounciness, we rock :thumbsup:

My positive is that speaking of felines, The Big Guy ate pretty well overnight, and consequently wasn't all that interested in breakfast. However, a new pate Sound The Trumpets a Pate --he actually ate some, and then bonito flakes to the rescue helped him to decide that the little bit of supplement I added to his regular breakfast was edible after all.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TYSM, neely neely . Yeah, I've been avoiding the news, but there are always casualties in stuff like this. So on the PAWSitive side, we got through yesterday without having to use the $$$ HVAC and actually slept last night with the ceiling fan. I have a big blue/cream laptop (A dear friend said, "It's NEVER too warm to have a cat on your lap!") and I got some cute photos of flaked cats earlier that I haven't uploaded yet.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a pawsitive note I took this pic of our grand city's Riverwalk with some of the iconic buildings in the background. Not the best pic along the river but I'm not the best photographer either. :wink:

View attachment 240921

neely neely - That's just plain nonsense; the juxtaposition of hypermodern architecture as a background, rising above the Reid Murdoch(?) Building and the old LaSalle Street Bridge, with its four ornate bridgehouses is actually wonderful composition.

Sorry to hear that your other favourite is closing / moving; I that hope it continues its tradition. My personal fave was La Côte Basque in the west fifties in New York. When they moved shop in the mid-1990s, they somehow managed to retain the atmosphere of the older, larger restaurant, but something about the move weakened it, bit by bit, and ten years later, when they moved a second time, it lost its will to live entirely. I wish you and Le Colonial safer passage, and fairer seas.

foxxycat foxxycat - There's nowhere you'd rather be than in your garden, is there? You write so exuberantly about it that you should start a gardening column - or at least a blog / journal detailing its progress through the seasons.

Here, the weather's perfect as well - just eighty degrees right now, with birdsong heard everywhere on the property. In the garden, the Hummingbirds are humming; on the river, the ducks are ducking, and in the Big Apple, the Yankees are whacking the Blue Jays in the bottom of the fourth. Happy Sunday to all!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
and the old LaSalle Street Bridge, with its four ornate bridgehouses is actually wonderful composition.
:yeah:

The Rockies swept the Giants last series, MAYBE they'll finish this series today with a sweep of the Mariners.

It's "amazing" how this works; when a pitcher that's not producing but yet gets accolades (somehow??) FINALLY gets sent down :woo:, --the entire team perks up :woohoo:

think trade bait, think it a lot!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom--- Sound The Trumpets? That sounds fancy. :D
Foxxy--- Glad you had fun at the party. Holding a baby is always positive. I love diving boards/platforms too.
My positive for the day is that my pal gave me a bottle of Buffalo Wild Wings ghost pepper wing sauce. I have smoke coming out of my ears and I can't feel my face, but as all lovers of spicy things know, it feels darn good! :lol::yummy:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning Honeybee gave pumps a quick bath!! I was holding Pumps to bring her to the kitchen for morning meds, and I always put her in Honeybees face who proceeded to lick her ears and head. Pumps froze and didn't look comfortable but I put her in bees face a second time and she proceeded to lick the other side of her head...I have been trying for 5 years to get them commected and finally the morning licks paid off. I started this 2 years ago when we first started her meds for arthritis. It's gotten worse but seeing Honeybee give her love just warms my heart.

Later I took a drive to deliver some plants I divided up then pick up my junk I left at the party last night. It was a very warm 85 outside.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine yes I like plants and nature..I tend to prefer green n blue areas. Grass plants and water..been like this since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I do informal blogging via Facebook. I haven't started a page but I should. That's a great idea! I just have a good sized group of folks who we met playing farmville in 2010. And most stayed with me since...so many families and then friends I friended during Katnisses court trial in TN in 2014? Met some great cat people on Facebook and on this site too!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s a nice 76 degrees here tonight. Dropped a good twenty degrees since this afternoon. All the kitties are grateful. It’s a lovely night. I walked the property to check on the kitties outside. Two were out lounging. The lightning bugs are here as well. Flying high up in the trees tonight. Blinking little Morse code signals to each other. Even the mosquitos couldn’t drive me in. My mosquito hat and sleeves kept them from feasting. With all the rain they are plentiful.
Today was nice as well. There seem to be many more baby birds than usual. Lots of baby Blue Jays and young Cardinals. Even some hawks nearby. The buzzards have young as well. Lucy fur and Dam bird are here looking for treats of leftover cat food. I don’t mind if they eat the leftovers. If they don’t then the fox will. I haven’t seen any Fox babies this year. Maybe they are eating at the neighbor’s house. Just as well as the cats will leave. Still hoping to catch the last ferals.
Looks like tropical storm Chris is skirting the coast and won’t come in. I am grateful. No more mass evacuations if I can avoid them. The last one kept me home which turned out to be a great thing. Massive rain but I never lost power and was greeted by a rainbow that lit up the edge of my land. I must have been at the wrong end of it though. I didn’t find a pot of gold! Lol
Caught my silly Bonjure stealing a dounut again. I always laugh because the white sugar shows up on his black fur. A dead giveaway. I keep telling him he is already a giant. No more junk food.
217CA249-6459-4E91-8A48-80327F531763.jpeg

I am settled in now for the night. Whistle is in my lap and purring. All in all, a relaxing day. Peaceful. I hope the temperature stays this way for a bit. Very enjoyable for this time of year.
Wishing calm and beauty for everyone.
A65DFDF2-FE9A-4417-B323-34F987DD484C.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I returned home from work today, I noticed the hydrangea bush in front had blooms that were like periwinkle puff balls -
View attachment 241028 View attachment 241029 Each pretty 'puff ball' is made up of what must be a couple hundred little flowers.
Love , love the color. One of my favorites. I like it more than when it is pink. As a child I had a fairly arge doll and I always picked these as bouquets for the her.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today we found a baby heron right in front of our store. He was lost and a little confused as he climbed around in this small pen where they put different art installations throughout the year. One of these little grassy areas is right in front of the store, and I caught sight of him climbing on the metal sculpture inside the pen as I was passing by the door. We called wildlife and fisheries, and they eventually came to rescue him. A large crowd had formed around the bird by that time, and were filming it on their phones and making a lot of noise. I bet he was happy to get out of there. I stood by until they arrived and made sure nobody went in the pen and touched him. The wildlife person who came to retrieve the bird seemed to think the bird might not be more of a fledgling age (rather than nestling,) and will probably be just fine after they make sure he isn't injured and get him to a safer area near the river. I was happy it all seemed to turn out ok for this little guy - he was so cute!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful weather this week! We have a spay trip coming up for 40 cats to be spayed/neutered! 40 cats on their way to a new life and no more baby making on Wednesday! Then Friday we have our first adoption event at Petco with our rescue partner! Wish us luck! This is a big step for us!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning was a nice cool 65 degrees! The cone flowers are opening..also these fire stick thingies are coming along nicely. I am only able to water a few sections of garden at a time as a sprinkler seems to waste water watering the grass. Everything is coming along nicely. A few more Bee Balm blossoms as well.

20180709_060030.jpg

20180709_054448.jpg

20180709_084540.jpg

The petunias need help so I fed them liquid fertilizer this morning. The daisies went nuts after giving liquid food last month. Hopefully it will help the petunias get bigger!

20180709_054241.jpg

Those asian bell flowers

20180709_085043.jpg
only 3 out of 6 clemantis plants not dead from the heat. I don't usually let these ferns grow here but figured try them as mulch to keep the soil cooler and shade the roots for the clematis.

20180709_085533.jpg

More Bee Balm blooming. The butterfly bush is getting taller. About 4 feet tall here. Lemon balm is also scattered in here. Morning glories just starting to poke out of the ground as well.

Honeybee gave pumps another bath this morning but not as long as yesterday...I think she was expecting a negative reaction as I had to coax her to give her a few licks. Pumps was sleeping on the couch last night. I left the windows opened and enjoyed the cool air last night and this morning.

Today looks to be another summer hot day around 90!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.