segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Now for those who have been waiting for Jacarandas in bloom, here they are
060318 005.JPG
060318 010.JPG

Not very full yet and these trees aren't very old either. There's a street in Santa Ana where they were planted as street trees many years ago, they are really tall and almost meet on top. I'll have to take a trip there, it's only 15 miles which here in SoCal and particularly the Orange County/ L.A. area is nothing, people drive as much as 50 miles one-way to work every day. When I do go I'll take pictures to share. And lest you think no other trees are blooming here are two more, don't know what they are called
060318 011.JPG
060318 012.JPG

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday was Caturday fur me and the cats:) Karen did pro photo stuff for a dance studio and I got to have a great Caturday. Today we went to the cottage and I got work done there.

Went to some flea markets and no luck, got no new finds.

But hows about Brass Kitty, Chrome Kitty and Bronze Kitten?
ChromeBrassBronze.JPG

Flowers in my back yard and at the cottage are a little further behind, love seeing what is around the corner:)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
In case anyone has heard about the wildfire 50 miles south of L.A. in Laguna Beach: Yes, it's within the city limits of Laguna Beach but there is a lot of brush in the canyons inland from the city proper. (Google this: They built home to defeat fire: Survival:---) I live less than 15 miles from the fire but the land is pretty much built up with lots of greenbelts which are watered with recycled water. The small city of Aliso Viejo is between there and here in Laguna Woods. The canyon is called Aliso Canyon, thus the name "Aliso Fire". So far the wind has died down every night although it hasn't really been windy, and there is practically no chance of it coming to where I live. The people who were evacuated live in or on the slopes of the canyons, they seem to never learn that the fires come every few years, burn down their houses and then they build the same ticky-tacky houses in the same place with the insurance money. My community has been here since ca 1965 and has never had a wildfire although occasionally a house burns down or a condo has a fire because of some person not watching what they are doing. So kitties and I safe, no dry grass and bushes around here thanks to an abundant amount of recycled water. That's my positive thought for today.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt Thanks for sharing those beauties with us. Jacarandas are gorgeous and that's the place for them -- the parkway. We have them on our main boulevard, too. Better there than at home, where their purple sludge stains everything forever and ever.
Shane Kent Shane Kent What a beautiful trio and yes, those are good names for them! They make a nice family. ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was my sister's birthday and she asked for games so as well as getting her Yahtzee (which she asked for) I impulse bought her Exploding Kittens, which we played and was quite fun.

Lelia had been a little off and looked a bit haggard yesterday morning. Then she threw up a hairball (the first I've seen since I adopted her) and has been back to herself since. The pawsitive is that it was nothing serious since I worry too much about this girl.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went to a reunion at Bronx Science high school w/my boyfriend. It's the 80th anniversary of the school, so all years were invited back. It was cool to see the school & meet some of his high school friends. We also had a good conversation with some of the grads from class of '68. They were really fun, what a year to have graduated from high school, right in the middle of everything. I also met a very friendly bearded dragon named Vito.
vito the bearded dragon.jpg
IMG_1059[1].JPG

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I went into the woods and dug up these beautiful weeds

Sorry for sideways photo! Now to plant when I get home! I hope they don't wilt too much! Put a good amount of soil in bag with flowers and its been raining so dirt is good and wet.

I need more daisies and lupine.

20180604_124547.jpg

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine what were these called again? They were growing underneath some low growing trees. Not quite sun but probably afternoon sun as they face west and east side is all trees.

Gonna try them at the base of pine tree with the other dug up flowers I moved there years ago.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird So glad! Yes, apparently a lot of people agree :D I listen to our local ad-free public Classical station, kusc.org which also streams on computers, tablets and smartphones worldwide. Just FYI.
ileen ileen *Yo VITO!* What a nice surprise -- was he in your class? :crackup:
A big shock for me -- I found out yesterday that my next-door neighbors, whom I didn't like at first but grew to like, have moved! :bawling: I will miss them very much, especially their dog. Yes, you read me right -- this non-doggy person does like that particular dog. I call her "the barkingest dog in the world" because, well, she does. The PAWSitive part, if there is one, is that they plan to rent the house out (*PRAYERS* it will be to good people!) so they will be around sometimes (but probably not bringing the dog).

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine what were these called again?
hestxt.jpg

Oops... sorry for sideways text. Hesperus or Hesperis - "Sweet Rocket," is the common name.

Sweet weather here today - and for the next several days, in fact. 66º currently, and that's as high as it's predicted to get. Time to take advantage of the cooler temps by getting a little more of the garden in order.

First sighting today of an Eastern Kingbird (the fact that it was chasing a crow nearly twice its size gave its species away); that makes 92 bird species identifies so far on the old homestead.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
*Yo VITO!* What a nice surprise -- was he in your class?
No, I didn't even go to Bronx Science, my boyfriend did. It was more a chance for any alum/guest to visit the school on the occasion of its 80th anniversary. Apparently they do this once a decade. I wish my high school did the same. I'd love to get to go back & walk the halls. Instead we have reunions at a restaurant/bar etc every 5 or 10 years, and only people from our graduating year attend. It was cool seeing people from class of '51 '48 '68 etc.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I didn't even go to Bronx Science, my boyfriend did. It was more a chance for any alum/guest to visit the school on the occasion of its 80th anniversary. Apparently they do this once a decade. I wish my high school did the same. I'd love to get to go back & walk the halls. Instead we have reunions at a restaurant/bar etc every 5 or 10 years, and only people from our graduating year attend. It was cool seeing people from class of '51 '48 '68 etc.
*...well, and how many times does a person attend a reunion and meet a guy named VITO who's that cool? :lolup:*

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I went on another Walkies yesterday, and there are so many blooming rose bushes around, it took us an hour and a half to get back home! We spent the whole time making sure we stuck our noses in the roses, smelling the wondrous scents. Ahhh! I did manage to get a photo I liked, although it wasn't of roses...

MillysNeighborhood-3JUN2018.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I went on another Walkies yesterday, and there are so many blooming rose bushes around, it took us an hour and a half to get back home! We spent the whole time making sure we stuck our noses in the roses, smelling the wondrous scents. Ahhh! I did manage to get a photo I liked, although it wasn't of roses...

View attachment 235124
What an intense violet/purple, PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws -- truly remarkable!
When I was getting ready to move down here, the air smelled like perfume. It was the jasmine and the roses. You didn't even have to find the plants to smell the fragrance!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 235124
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws - Great photo! I've always liked Platycodon - especially just before they open.

Nothing like that today, sadly. I did get to take the canoe out for a bit, however, and did a little riverbank exploring. Haven't seen a Giant Water Bug for a couple of years, so this one surprised me - I'd guess quite close to four inches in length.

waterbug.jpg

Pretty nice day all 'round. Shane Kent Shane Kent my Friend, you shoulda been there.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_0022.JPG
When your babies leave you a spot on the sofa, it's a good day! Actually, it was bittersweet, because I had to tear myself away from this very spot, and go to work. But the PAWsitive news is that I'll be right back at the cuddling as soon as I finish tending to the garden!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
P1100589.JPG

Procyon_lotor_(Common_raccoon).jpg

The top photo is looking up at a raccoon that was surprised this morning by us and the cat. You can see two or three of its feet and its bum as it took to a pine tree and then settled in for the day. (If you click on the photo it opens a larger image with easier to see details).
The bottom photo is similar to what it looked like, grey, l-o-n-g legs and BIG, when it came down earlier this evening.
Coon, cat and humans all survived unscathed, a major positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.