The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The rain's stopped here, and the sun is making a valiant effort to break through the clouds, and with the temperature quite nearly at fifty degrees, it's another good day to sharpen up the back lawn, and maybe even get the Summer car out of mothballs! Don't blink - Summer's right around the corner.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
The rain's stopped here, and the sun is making a valiant effort to break through the clouds, and with the temperature quite nearly at fifty degrees, it's another good day to sharpen up the back lawn, and maybe even get the Summer car out of mothballs! Don't blink - Summer's right around the corner.
What's a summer car? And do you have a winter car also and what's the difference?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Picasso got nothin' on you, dude. :yess: PURRsonally, I love your art. You should have entered it in the contest. I would have voted for it, definitely.
segelkatt segelkatt I understand! But those are not all the options you have. You could have cyborg eyes (implants) and never need glasses or contacts again! The newest ones adjust for far and near seeing needs, as well.
That is a very lovely little peach tree, kmbishop111 kmbishop111 ! and a wonderful backstory on it. Long may it grow and may it give you both wonderful fruit!
Working away here, tortoiseshell on lap. She has these big bat ears I love to stroke. They're very colorful, too.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Norachan - That little tree planted by kmbishop111 kmbishop111 and her Father has already borne more fruit than most trees will produce in a Lifetime. :)

Give Forest Cat an hug for me.
Indeed. :)

Now I'm on the search for the "Martin" tomato plant, my dad described it's taste and flavor in great detail yesterday while mulling over our garden. He planted this variety in the 70's in our garden in Knoxville, TN. Oh little Martin tomato, where are you?? :compsurfing:

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indeed. :)

Now I'm on the search for the "Martin" tomato plant, my dad described it's taste and flavor in great detail yesterday while mulling over our garden. He planted this variety in the 70's in our garden in Knoxville, TN. Oh little Martin tomato, where are you?? :compsurfing:
kmbishop111 kmbishop111 - Reimer Seeds (Saint Leonard, MD) has them:

Martin Tomato pk/10

Take a look into some of the heritage varieties too - ugly as the dickens, but the taste is out of this world!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At work today, I ran into the woman who runs the rescue where I adopted my dear Speedy about six years ago. She is the wonderful person who took Speedy in, facilitated all the medical care Speedy needed and arranged for her fostering, then her adoption (to me, of course:yess:). I am always so happy that she most definitely remembers Speedy and asks me how my dear girl is doing.:):daisy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's time for spring break!!!! :daisy::butterfly::purplebutterfly::bluebutterfly::daisy: And it was nice enough to take the kidlets outside, which is a good way to spend a last day.

I got a little rub in on Lelia's belly while she was playing with the cat catcher just a few minutes ago. I feel like a success.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got about 3 inches of snow Monday night (water! in drought-stricken Colorado!), which melted before it was time for me to go to my computer club meeting last night, and we have more precipitation coming tonight (at least, according to the television forecast I saw last night).

Also, last night was one of those rare occasions when I wasn't the only woman at my computer club, and the other one brought some delicious homemade banana nut bread.
:dancingblackcat: :purr: :cutecat: :geekcat:

Margret

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got about 3 inches of snow Monday night (water! in drought-stricken Colorado!), which melted before it was time for me to go to my computer club meeting last night, and we have more precipitation coming tonight (at least, according to the television forecast I saw last night).

Also, last night was one of those rare occasions when I wasn't the only woman at my computer club, and the other one brought some delicious homemade banana nut bread.
:dancingblackcat: :purr: :cutecat: :geekcat:

Margret
Wow, I'm happy you got some rain! I'm also vicariously happy for you re: your computer club. I'm glad I don't know of one near me or I'd grab the cats and no one would ever see me again. I'd take up residence. Banana bread would be a plus, too. I've tried to make that twice. Third time will never be the charm. The first two times were, uh, so un-PAWSitive I thought I'd just make stuff I CAN make. ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I'm happy you got some rain! I'm also vicariously happy for you re: your computer club. I'm glad I don't know of one near me or I'd grab the cats and no one would ever see me again. I'd take up residence. Banana bread would be a plus, too. I've tried to make that twice. Third time will never be the charm. The first two times were, uh, so un-PAWSitive I thought I'd just make stuff I CAN make. ;)
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'll put my banana bread up against your for Failure Value any day of the week. Last time I tried a "never fail" mix, and ended up with a thick banana cookie.

We had a fabulous day here, rising to nearly fifty degrees, and with no return of the rain. I can see bits of lawn now where once it was just fallen twigs and branches, pine cones, chestnut hulls and acorns.

Speaking of acorns, a few turkeys made an appearance on the back lawn today, eyeing my suspiciously as I went about my work - or perhaps considering me as a possible snack. I saw a lone Indigo Bunting in the Spruce tree late this afternoon - apparently having a look at possible real estate for a future nest. They're probably the most brilliant bird species I see here, and sightings, while uncommon, are always a joy!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'll put my banana bread up against your for Failure Value any day of the week. Last time I tried a "never fail" mix, and ended up with a thick banana cookie.

We had a fabulous day here, rising to nearly fifty degrees, and with no return of the rain. I can see bits of lawn now where once it was just fallen twigs and branches, pine cones, chestnut hulls and acorns.

Speaking of acorns, a few turkeys made an appearance on the back lawn today, eyeing my suspiciously as I went about my work - or perhaps considering me as a possible snack. I saw a lone Indigo Bunting in the Spruce tree late this afternoon - apparently having a look at possible real estate for a future nest. They're probably the most brilliant bird species I see here, and sightings, while uncommon, are always a joy!
Oh, you know not of what you speak! My banana "bread" was a thick, sticky, stodgy mess. Both times. My masochist martyr ex bravely ate it both times. And survived. *Though sometimes I do wonder about the after-effects*.
Now top THAT if you can.
The bird report is a very nice PAWSitive! Our birds are mostly shades of dun except for the crows, hummers, and very gorgeous and colorful conures. Yes, you saw that right. CONURES. We have quite a population in CA, from San Francisco (at least) in the north to L.A. Metro (at least) southwards. There was even a book written about them, from which a film was made. Both are fascinating. THE WILD PARROTS OF TELEGRAPH HILL by *sorry, I have a cat on my lap* (edit: Mark Bittner) is well worth perusing! in either or both form(s).

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, you know not of what you speak! My banana "bread" was a thick, sticky, stodgy mess. Both times. My masochist martyr ex bravely ate it both times. And survived. *Though sometimes I do wonder about the after-effects*.
Now top THAT if you can.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Amateur! He didn't even go to the emergency room! When I moved here fifteen years ago, I learned about - and was invited to participate in - the neighbourhood Christmas Cookie Exchange. To this very day, I still see kids skipping indestructible reindeer, Santa and Christmas Tree cutout cookies across the river on Summer days.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DD drew a picture of a bird she spotted in the yard and I think it was a bluebird!! We saw some here last year so I put up a house for them mentioned much earlier in this thread. I hope we get some residents this year!

The big black birds have been raiding my feeder. I've been keeping a pile of Mooch's mice on the table to toss at the window when I see them. But they just go back up in the tree unless I step outside. I also bought a suet feeder to fill with scraps of yarn and string. I'm going to hang that up by this weekend! :clap:

MOD NOTE: Please remember posts have to be 15 words to count!! Plus we have to delete them if they aren't and we don't want to do that! :agree:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Now top THAT if you can.
The bird report is a very nice PAWSitive! Our birds are mostly shades of dun except for the crows, hummers, and very gorgeous and colorful conures. Yes, you saw that right. CONURES. We have quite a population in CA, from San Francisco (at least) in the north to L.A. Metro (at least) southwards. There was even a book written about them, from which a film was made. Both are fascinating. THE WILD PARROTS OF TELEGRAPH HILL by *sorry, I have a cat on my lap* (edit: Mark Bittner) is well worth perusing! in either or both form(s).
We have those parrots down here in Orange County also. When I lived in the City of Orange I would see them flying one way in the morning and the other way in the evening and they loved the apricots on my tree in the community garden. I did not mind as they only ate the ones on top where I could not reach them anyway. My friend down in San Diego says they have them there also.

Can someone tell me where I find a "sticky" on a site? It say says to look for one on the contest but I don't know what it is or what it looks like or where to find it on a page.

Status
Not open for further replies.