The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. That's news to me. I've always called Tangent an orange tabby. Perhaps I should change my member name to "Red&White". :)

Pawsitive note...
All the fur babies of all hues and tones are busy doing their jobs, napping the day away. That must mean all is right with the world.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really loving that catpile pic, the flower pics and the bird pics! on a late CATurday morning here in la-la land, tortoiseshell laptop in place, everyone fed and 'nipped, and me very proud of everyone all over the nation who is participating in the March For Our Lives, which you can see live on twitter and on their website directly. May the deaf ears be opened and the stony hearts be made flesh.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again everyone! What I find SO paws-sitive is that this site gives so many people a chance to impact cats lives, and people's lives as well. It is a force for good that simply can't be denied.
Well put and agree 100%, Furballsmom Furballsmom -- TCS is an unstoppable force for good for cats and those who care for and about cats. *My big warm blue/cream laptop, a/k/a Elvis, agrees, but wants lunch. NOW*:yess::bluecat:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD has decided to let the girls in her room. She's moving out in May so she decided to let them in to spend some time with her. She was always whining that they don't cuddle with her. My answer was, "You don't let them in your room. What do you expect?" she'd always say that they will just go in her closet or under her bed to explore/hide. I'd tell her that yes, they would until the closet and under the bed were no longer new/exciting or forbidden. Then they would come out and stay with her for a while. She texted me the other night (I was in that foreign country known as the living room :lol:) to tell me that Lily was snuggling with her. I could have refrained from saying, "I told you so" but didn't because where's the fun in that? :yess:

So they have been spending time in her room. Sophie likes to sit on the back of her computer chair. I'm glad that they are spending quality time together but I often wonder if they are just planning what they are going to do with her room once it's empty. DD got offended when I told her that I have a cat tree on my Amazon with list that's going in there because I was going make it a cat play room. She was offended until I asked her, "Did you think I was going to turn it into a shrine for you or something?" Then she laughed and said no. She also wondered where she'd sleep when she came to visit. I told her that she could use one of the many cat beds laying around that they do not use or there is a perfectly good couch in the living room :flail: I got the eye roll. :redtongue:

ETA: I know when Sophie is in there as I hear:

"Kitten NO"
"Kitten stop that"
"Kitten leave that alone"

We call her Kitten because she's the baby of the house. :lovecat:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Just when I thought winter was over... there’s a snowstorm. It’s done snowing now, so it looks really pretty outside. I’m going to go for a walk now, because this weekend is probably the last time for about eight months that I will have the chance to walk around in a winter wonderland!
:walk:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a super fun time with my friend today. She's actually an online friend whom I'd never met before as she's Australian, but she's stateside for a few months and decided a trip to Chicago was in order.

Now I'm about to rest my walked out legs and put on Thursday's Ninja vs Ninja on and hopefully get Lelia to join me. She's not super interested in most tv I watch, but seems to enjoy anything Ninja Warrior related.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She was offended until I asked her, "Did you think I was going to turn it into a shrine for you or something?" Then she laughed and said no.
I love this - it sounds like darling daughter is taking after mom whether she wants to or not, - it's nice to see a sense of humor and an ability to avoid taking herself TOO seriously - good job, mom!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was just a touch cool today, but I managed to pick up roughly half a billion pine cones from the lawn - a pretty good start. Just as I was contemplating dinner, a free pizza floated up the driveway, attached to my veterinarian. Moo Shu Snowshoe sat right in his lap while he played keep-away with his slices of pizza ate, and never bothered me at all. Trust me on this - there's nothing more pawsitive than having your own Snowshoe distracted by someone else's pizza. Two thumbs up!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight as I think about my day, I am paw-sitively amazed at the blessings I received every minute, that I take for granted, which allowed me to work hard, have energy and strength and use good judgment in my work. I feel very fortunate :daisy: also, to be brought home safely to Speedy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loyola and Michigan are in the Final Four! The other side of my bracket is completely wrong no matter who wins tomorrow's games, but getting 50% of the Final Four is better than I did last year!

I don't even like basketball, and I'm excited about this.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today it was too warm to be outside in long sleeves for part of the day :yess:. I am full of plans to expand the outdoor cat enclosures, they enjoy what they have but it will be wonderful when they have room to run and play (need a “cat rolling in the dirt” emoji).

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is always a good day when I'm getting ready for work and have Speedy by my side, helping me! We had a chance to have our coffee together again today and we are both looking out the window to see that it snowed very lightly during the night. It looks like Someone took a large sifter and sprinkled powdered sugar over the neighborhood, that is how it looks to me. Just like you would see on a pastry. How nice it looks!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a two hour snowstorm on Friday morning. Quite a fun surprise, since it's normally the rainy season here! It was just cold enough, however, for some great snow. Very enjoyable, as it reminded me of the Christmas Day snow from last year, which our kitty Milly loved. If you look closely, you can see her sitting on her window shelf at Christmas:

Milly-25DEC2017-b.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today is the Trifecta of pawsitive news! My flight home yesterday was a success, my daughter and her DH made it home safely from their trip to France and Carleton was so happy to see me. :itslove: My husband said he was a tad down while I was away and did not do some of his usual habits, e.g. sit in his new cat tree or want to chase his favorite toy but fortunately he is back on track now. :thumbsup: I will post a pic of him doing what Carleton does best later, i.e. lounge. :wink:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is always a good day when I'm getting ready for work and have Speedy by my side, helping me! We had a chance to have our coffee together again today and we are both looking out the window to see that it snowed very lightly during the night. It looks like Someone took a large sifter and sprinkled powdered sugar over the neighborhood, that is how it looks to me. Just like you would see on a pastry. How nice it looks!
R raysmyheart - Speedy drinks coffee too? It must be a snowshoe trait!

mooshucoffee.jpg

It looks like today will be the last cool day, for a while anyway. Forty degrees for the high - perfect yard clean-up weather - and then four days between fifty and sixty.

For anyone who found themselves in Uma's path, take heart - at least your snow isn't orange:

Strange 'orange snow’ phenomenon reported across eastern Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.