The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m feeling pawsitive that the kittens are nearly done teething. I even found two of Jasper’s milk teeth! I wasn’t expecting to find any, because I know they usually swallow them, so I was pleasantly surprised. I took close up photos, because they’re incredibly tiny (making them even harder to find!)
078504EC-C6BB-46D5-A924-DA813EC03C5D.jpeg
6F6F74EE-40C6-42C4-8DD2-D89A22D05719.jpeg
58C5BE3C-1948-4328-8333-8A48E38797C4.jpeg
Oh wait, this last photo is of a cat. Oops. ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m feeling pawsitive that the kittens are nearly done teething. I even found two of Jasper’s milk teeth! I wasn’t expecting to find any, because I know they usually swallow them, so I was pleasantly surprised. I took close up photos, because they’re incredibly tiny (making them even harder to find!)
View attachment 215589
View attachment 215594
View attachment 215596
Oh wait, this last photo is of a cat. Oops. ;)
I found one of Lelia's when she was about 5 months and threw it away before I realized it was a tooth. Regrets, I have them.

But it got into the 50s today and I made myself go to the gym, so that's positive!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was just a nail sheath that was extra thick and weird, shrugged and tossed it and then later went "oh wait!" But it was too late.

I bought Lelia a cat catcher so we could play another game instead of da bird and every time I put it up on her cat tree she grabs it delicately with her teeth and jumps back down as if to tell me "silly human, don't you know mousies belong on the floor?" It's really cute.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was just a nail sheath that was extra thick and weird, shrugged and tossed it and then later went "oh wait!" But it was too late.

I bought Lelia a cat catcher so we could play another game instead of da bird and every time I put it up on her cat tree she grabs it delicately with her teeth and jumps back down as if to tell me "silly human, don't you know mousies belong on the floor?" It's really cute.
Lari Lari - That's hilarious! Black Friday does the same thing if I set her mousie next to her on the sofa. I get this little scowl, and then she puts it back, "where it belongs."

Just a beautiful night here once more, with temperatures already moderating into the fifties tomorrow, and a few stars beginning to wheel across the sky where the cloud cover has broken. Save for a little snow and a few chilly days, I can't recall a milder Winter here.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We have lots of snow here today, but the good news is that the fence is still standing and there are no trees down.

:yess:

I spend the morning digging myself a trench from the front door to the "road", actually an unpaved dirt track, but it's as close to a road as we get in these parts. I cleared all the snow off the deck too, so that cats could go out if they wanted. They just looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you serious woman!? This is where all the warmth and food is. Why would we want to go out there?"

:redtabby:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work from home today. Missy did a few unsuccessful attempts to conquer the work laptop, but while I was preparing lunch, she saw an opportunity and ... took it.
I prepared a fresh and light salad for lunch; small slices of Belgian endive (flavoured with olive oil, lime juice, pepper and salt), roasted and spiced chicken cubes, chopped walnuts and sliced avocado with a few dots of mayonnaise. Delicious !!!

After lunch, I had to conquer the work laptop again, but I opened my own laptop for Missy. She claimed it right away.

That's a pawsitive way of dealing with conflicting interests :)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@margd: seeing those two absolutely GORGEOUS sun-soakers in their "catloaf" positions makes me feel so PAWSitive :purr:
SNIP

As for your cats, they expect nothing less and they should GET nothing less. :winkcat::blackcat:
Lari Lari - That's hilarious! Black Friday does the same thing if I set her mousie next to her on the sofa. I get this little scowl, and then she puts it back, "where it belongs."

Just a beautiful night here once more, with temperatures already moderating into the fifties tomorrow, and a few stars beginning to wheel across the sky where the cloud cover has broken. Save for a little snow and a few chilly days, I can't recall a milder Winter here.
That's funny about your kitty. Honeybee has a stash of toys under the refrigerator and elsewhere..we must have 40 or so of those fuzzy mice with the rattle scattered all through the house..last night she was walking around with a purple mousie in her mouth and then laying down and chew on it like a dog.:flail:

The snow is still here...getting shallow finally..but this morning my truck was a thick glaze of ice from freezing rain..at least the plows salted the roads, wasn't too bad. We are supposed to get heavy rains this afternoon...which calls for curling up on my couch with Honeybee and reading Outlander. :read: And some puter time..:hellocomputer:

Honeybee isn't tickled about the snow-I shoveled the deck off for her but the yard is frozen solid and tried to clear a 3'x 3' patch to get under the deck..took me about an hour of chipping with ice pick etc..I gave up..now we are getting rain..maybe it will melt.

Last night I cooked up a huge bowl of veggies in a somewhat stir fry...Jon likes chinese veggies in sauce so made my own..came out ok..didn't put meat into it. Baked pork chops with some bread crumbs on them and herbs. Came out good...that means I won't have to cook for 3 days..more time for :read::compsurfing::walk:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have lots of snow here today, but the good news is that the fence is still standing and there are no trees down.

:yess:

I spend the morning digging myself a trench from the front door to the "road", actually an unpaved dirt track, but it's as close to a road as we get in these parts. I cleared all the snow off the deck too, so that cats could go out if they wanted. They just looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you serious woman!? This is where all the warmth and food is. Why would we want to go out there?"

:redtabby:
Norachan Norachan - I'm sorry to hear that you're buried in snow, but very glad to hear that your new fence design has held up under it.

The snow here has quite nearly disappeared - this owed to ever-warming temperatures, and an enormous electrical storm spawned by the lakes overnight. I can't recall the last serious thunderstorm here in January, but no doubt the 50º temperatures spurred it. Bonus - 3 A.M. kitty cuddling, since White Tip is still afraid of thunder.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- Is White Tip named that because of any SHARKY tendencies? :fish: (well, don't blame me. It's the only fish icon they have here) :crackup:
Another beautiful cool day here in la-la land. Did have to water, because you know, no rain...:gaah:
Got a shipment from Drs. Foster & Smith last night; expecting another tomorrow. Today I should get my "other" sale sweater from Nordstrom :D.
The carpenters are working hard; our neighbor dog is barking loudly; and I'm working away for cats :geekcat:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoe is at home watching another melt. My little snow hater is likely one happy kitty right now. The snow wasn't even on the ground for half a day before the rain came and turned it all to slush. Has been raining in Ottawa most of the day and it is a combination of slush and ice outside. 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I heard a loud rolling thunder in the very early hours this morning and at first I was puzzled seeing I was half asleep and it is January. Then I remembered the rain / freezing rain and figured it was indeed thunder.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine can't say I agree with feeling sorry that Norachan Norachan is buried under snow. If that means the possibility of some new photos or a video of some beautiful fluffy black and white cats in the snow that is a very pawsitive thing, for me at least :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoe is at home watching another melt. My little snow hater is likely one happy kitty right now. The snow wasn't even on the ground for half a day before the rain came and turned it all to slush. Has been raining in Ottawa most of the day and it is a combination of slush and ice outside. 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I heard a loud rolling thunder in the very early hours this morning and at first I was puzzled seeing I was half asleep and it is January. Then I remembered the rain / freezing rain and figured it was indeed thunder.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine can't say I agree with feeling sorry that Norachan Norachan is buried under snow. If that means the possibility of some new photos or a video of some beautiful fluffy black and white cats in the snow that is a very pawsitive thing, for me at least :)
Absolutely in agreement with you there, Shane Kent Shane Kent ! Who DOESN'T love to see pix and videos of fluffy cats?!!:redtabby:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night Noodles followed me into the bathroom (not uncommon) and decided the toilet paper looked tasty. She will be in a month and every now and then she reminds us of the kitten she used to be! I don't know how many rolls of swiss cheese she left us when she was little! :lol: :climbcat:

In other pawsitive news; my DD has had a little break through with reading that we are both just SO SO happy over! She picks up math in a snap (even multiplication...something I remember shedding tears over when I was older than her) but reading she has had to work at. We've spent most of this year just trying to master basics instead of moving on to the next level curriculum. But the other day she decided she could read a particular book. So she did. :bunnydance: It's a basic book; but for her it's a big deal because she's literally had to do some deep breathing to calm herself before reading from the readers that go with her reading program. I've heard that kids who are behind usually catch up once things start to click. So I'm hoping that's true for us. They expect so much more out of kids these days!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's almost the end of the work day! A positive thing! And going through some photos of Honeybee..what can be more positive then looking into her green peepers?:cloud9:

This was in 2014 on vacation- she loves going to camp!:hyper:

View attachment 215714
foxxycat foxxycat - Honeybee has her own car??? Oh please, please don't let Moo Shu find out!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- Is White Tip named that because of any SHARKY tendencies?
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Nope - just her little white tail tip. I always called her, "White Tip," when she lived in the woods, and greeted her that way when I saw her drinking from the pool. One day at Summer's end, she was clearly pregnant, and I said to her, "hello, White Tip; you're coming in," and here she is, with her little Oz.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - A fair point. Somewhere on TCS there are two sets of photos by Norachan Norachan of the surrounding Aokigahara after an ice storm. Here's one:

Question of The Day. Saturday the 19th of September.

A lovely day here - and apparently for at least the next week. If this stretches out until Groundhog Day, maybe that overgrown squirrel will oversleep, and make a quick end to Winter!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 -- that is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard and I'm imagining it in my mind. :cloud9::lovecat:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- for some unknown reason I'm not seeing a link to your pic, or the pic itself, of White Tip and Oz.

Just got my new sweater -- really nice olive color and very soft. Sure to get a lot of wear. Tortoiseshell laptop is telling me she likes that. Time to go advocate for cats!:geekcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.