The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Winter took a break from freezing temps and snow, i.e. the :sunshine:came out and the temp was up to 42. I spent a glorious day with my daughter window shopping, walking around the city and stopping for lunch. She's planning a cross country move so the more time we have together the better. :hearthrob:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I managed to get the worming meds on Albert.

:yess:

I put some of his favourite treats on the floor and then squeezed the pipette over his neck while I stood there. He has quite thick fur, so by the time he felt the liquid on his skin I was innocently standing at the other side of the kitchen.

:angel3:

They should make worming meds in a water pistol form.

I just have 2 more cats to do now. Button and Marley are much smarter than 'Bert. They are both staying out of my reach, giving me stink eye from the top of their cat highway.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mowgli woke his daddy up to give him breakfast this morning, so I got to "sleep in" till 6.

One of the shelter staff took this picture yesterday. Ollie is a semi-feral FIV+ senior that was picked up sick and half-starved on the streets. He really seems to love living at the shelter, as you can see here:

FB_IMG_1516512972037.jpg

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cutest thing ever. It didn't last long, cuz Murphy got bored. Sorry about the plastic bags - just finished putting groceries away. And Connor is there, too.View attachment 215261
Alicia88 Alicia88 - You sent some endearing pictures of Aedan and his mom and dad, but this is the one I was waiting for... They make a charming pair :catlove:

I will meet my family -parents, sister, sister's children- today ; I'm looking forward to see all of them (instead of calling or texting or e-mailing) and to catch up. The weather is excellent (sun, blue sky)... I hope there is time left for a family walk.

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the desert sings, as in this morning, sandstone cliffs glowing in the dawn light with dark storm clouds all around. It even rained a little, cause for celebration!View attachment 215282
SheriB SheriB - This is an absolutely breathtaking image!

No rain here, but the sunlight doesn't play as well - nor as brilliantly - as it clearly did in the high desert this morning. Still, no cause for complaint on this side of the country either; our second January Thaw has begun to uncover the landscape once more, opening soft-edged wells of lawn amidst the receding snow cover.

januarythaw.jpg

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:angelcat:GOOD Morning!
I. see we have some CAT BURGLERS among us!! I have an elderly friend that is ALLOWED to live with her Snowshoe, and her precious one steals PJ bottoms and sweatpants, and expensive tennis shoes! The REALLY odd thing is that she piles her goodies in the garage with dirty clothes so until they are washed and dried, no one notices THE TAKE!!!!! I have played and held her precious kitty and would never guess the KLEPTO CAT issues....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, all the great posts since I checked in last, I'd write a book just commenting on them all!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- yeah, that's exactly what we'll tell him. Ya think? ;)
Alicia88 Alicia88 -- Adorable pic! That's definitely a card, or a poster or something! :cloud9::gingercat2:
SheriB SheriB Not sure whereabouts you are, but your poetic comment and the photo have me VERY homesick for the Mojave, which your pic doesn't look like, but any mention of "desert" is enough for me...
IMG_0590.JPG

Long ago and far away...

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The world is so negative, so my feeling is that if we can BE POSOTIVE, that is an extremely great thing and not only does it help the person posting but also helps the spirits of the rest of THE AWESOME CAT SPOILERS on our site, right?

I have been trying all weekend to fond out WHY after 8 years since cancer/chemo I have been itching from my toes to my scalp!!! I have been slathering the aloè, oatmeal, anti itch lotions. I am so desperate to STOP itching that I even bought TECNU medicated anti-itch spray!!! Max glares at me, he does NOT appreciate THE FOREIGN SMELLS at all!

Last edited by a moderator:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max's Human Max's Human You are SO RIGHT. That's why TCS and this thread in particular are so wonderful! *And I hope you can find out what's going on and that there's a good, easy, quick fix for it. That must not be so wonderful!*
We have clean floors. Isn't that PAWSitive? We think it is. I like clean and we all know CATS are the kings and queens of clean. :yess::kneading:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Today I learned that I'm getting a full refund on a rather pricey item that broke after less than three weeks of use.
bouncer.gif
bouncer.gif
bouncer.gif
bouncer.gif
bouncer.gif

Yesterday, I thought I was out of luck. :angryfire: :deal::angryfire: It seems that some manufacturer's warranties and extra protection plans don't actually cover very much. :censored: Meanwhile, I found a significantly cheaper form of the same thing so I'll be able to get the item in question and have lots left over for these guys. They expect nothing less. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Chula and Paul.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I learned that I'm getting a full refund on a rather pricey item that broke after less than three weeks of use. View attachment 215404 View attachment 215404 View attachment 215404 View attachment 215404View attachment 215404

Yesterday, I thought I was out of luck. :angryfire: :deal::angryfire: It seems that some manufacturer's warranties and extra protection plans don't actually cover very much. :censored: Meanwhile, I found a significantly cheaper form of the same thing so I'll be able to get the item in question and have lots left over for these guys. They expect nothing less. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

View attachment 215408
margd margd : seeing those two absolutely GORGEOUS sun-soakers in their "catloaf" positions makes me feel so PAWSitive :purr::gingercat2:
That's such great news! Yes, it's true: more expensive doesn't always mean better. So glad you are getting that refund! I find these days that force of personality can be important in dealing with anything in the business world. Not being rude, but just standing up for yourself and knowing/relating the facts back to the person can make all the difference. I was going to get stuck with fees and interest for a "late" payment awhile back; I knew when the USPS carrier picked up the bill, and so I called the creditor and told them this, told them to pull up my records they would see I NEVER pay late, and that I wanted a reverse on those charges. They did it even though the check cleared "late" because I am not responsible for what happens once it's picked up and in the postal system.

As for your cats, they expect nothing less and they should GET nothing less. :winkcat::blackcat:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 , I am so happy to see your beautiful photos!

I am having myself a paw-sitive laugh here as I have just finished my supper and I put the plate down beside me and Speedy will have a sniff and maybe just a few licks. (She will only lick human food at most, not very interested). Well, after she gives the plate an examination, she is scratching all around the plate like she is burying it!! With a lot of effort! Maybe she doesn't like what I had? :think: :dunno: :confused: :)

I also bought her a tye-dye creature yesterday which she is liking. I am very fortunate as we get a lot of cat items at work, name brands, that are about 1/4 to 1/3 of the price elsewhere. Speedy approves!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 , I am so happy to see your beautiful photos!

I am having myself a paw-sitive laugh here as I have just finished my supper and I put the plate down beside me and Speedy will have a sniff and maybe just a few licks. (She will only lick human food at most, not very interested). Well, after she gives the plate an examination, she is scratching all around the plate like she is burying it!! With a lot of effort! Maybe she doesn't like what I had? :think: :dunno: :confused: :)

I also bought her a tye-dye creature yesterday which she is liking. I am very fortunate as we get a lot of cat items at work, name brands, that are about 1/4 to 1/3 of the price elsewhere. Speedy approves!
What were you having, R raysmyheart -- broccoli or something? :crackup: Nice of you to offer, though. Cats try to cover up food for two reasons -- because in the wild, they are attempting to conceal it from other predators who might try and steal it, so they can finish it later, or because they just DON'T LIKE IT :barfgreen:
I'm off to find my three something they will finish and not try to cover up for either reason! and then to curl up in front of the TV for an evening of "VICTORIA" on PBS with as many cats as will join me. :anticipation:

Status
Not open for further replies.