The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Probably the very best comic screen actor I've seen in my Lifetime, and the diversity of rôles he made his own - and the aplomb with which he played them - might never be duplicated. "Genius," might actually be am understatement.

Alicia88 Alicia88 - what's the word; is that woodshed finished yet?

;)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Yes! Comedy isn't my favorite genre but among those who have really impressed me are the vintage greats Red Skelton, Jackie Gleason, and all-time favorite Richard Pryor. Not so much into a lot of the current crop because I'm not a fan of insults, put-downs and really nasty language, though RP could get plenty raunchy, but I never watched/saw those routines. For real PAWSitive laughs, I like a lot of the memes I see on icanhascheezburger.com in the cats section.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Yes! Comedy isn't my favorite genre but among those who have really impressed me are the vintage greats Red Skelton, Jackie Gleason, and all-time favorite Richard Pryor. Not so much into a lot of the current crop because I'm not a fan of insults, put-downs and really nasty language, though RP could get plenty raunchy, but I never watched/saw those routines. For real PAWSitive laughs, I like a lot of the memes I see on icanhascheezburger.com in the cats section.
Throw in Johnny Carson, Carol Burnett and Lucille Ball, and you've got a deal. Carson was the outright Master of timing; Burnett was one of the true improv greats who could make absolutely anything funny, and who wrote almost all of her own material, and Lucy was... well... she was Lucy, period. I'd throw out Kathy Griffin for the same reasons as Richard Pryor - and what's odd is that early in their careers, they didn't resort to foul language as a gimmick. Both were first rate stand-up comedians when they started out. Pryor actually worked The Village Gate in the early sixties in New York, opening for Bob Dylan, who once remarked, "I don't know much about comedy, but this guy's hilarious," and in the mid-sixties, Pryor knocked them dead on Carson, Merv Griffin and Ed Sullivan. He actually was hilarious, and never needed the gimmick. Go figure.

The second January Thaw begins here overnight; Spring can't be far behind!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 214927 So thrilled with my megapawsitive tonight, Nanny, one of my FeLV fosters who has never let me get near her, curled up and slept on the opposite end of the couch from me while I sat petting the other cats. I have never been this close to her in the almost a year that she’s been with me.
SheriB SheriB - That's wonderful news! In the end, Virgil always wins: "omnia vincit amor."

I can't recall the last absolutely cloudless night here, but the sky is ablaze with stars tonight, with Orion bright and clear to the southwest, and Betelgeuse bigger than Life at the old hunter's shoulder. A fine night to remember to look skyward!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best news in a long time - Miró, my last-one-in stray - had dinner tonight for the first time with her ten Brothers and Sisters. No killing, no screaming, no hissing - not a sound. I guess the clowder's finally large enough that no one cares if a new kitty joins the Family!
That is great news, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine !!! I hope another kitty in need will soon find her/his way to your cat palace...

It's a bright and :sunshine:day here, in Mice. I am longing for Spring...

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive is my furnace part is supposed to arrive today, Friday by special delivery to my repair service who will then call me (I hope, I hope) :cold::cold: to repair it late today. (I hope, I hope). It has been below freezing here tonight and has been tough, but the positive is my Speedy and I have a nice electric blanket to keep each other warm. I think about how blessed I am to be in shelter, however. Very, very blessed and thankful.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hope your heat gets fixed soon R raysmyheart !

My morning has been weird. This morning as I was giving Pumpkin Face her pred, the new bottle of pills I just picked up last night I noticed were different color and shape than what I normally get. So I tried to google what it is-couldn't read the print on the pill-so didn't give it. When I finally was able to use a magnifying glass to read the inscription on the pill, google search and it was Lasix so I sent an email to the vet and they called me right back-they were sorry and gonna switch them out for the correct ones when I stop in later. So it's good news I didn't give it-because I know most people wouldn't think any about it-so my advice-always double check new pills are in fact the correct ones. Easy enough mistake to be made and I am glad I did NOT give it to her...google wasn't finding anything with what I thought it said.. I could see 2.5 but it's 12.5 and 240 under it..my vision is great but this is tiny print on a tiny pill..Thats my positive- they were fine with exchanging it and all is well.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A 6-year-old cat that was surrendered last Thursday and was so upset that we didn't even try to take his picture got adopted last night! :clapcat:
jcat jcat - "Mysterious ways."

It's clear skies and above-freezing temperatures here - a trend which - if one believes the Weather Prognosticating Dart-Throwers - appears to continue for at least this next week. Indoors, it was Hairball City today, and the longhairs - Black Friday, Clawed-Ya, Puff, Peanut and Bob - all actually have begun changing their Winter coats for Summer. The harbinger of an early Spring? Perhaps it really is. In a fortnight's time, a certain overfed ground squirrel will tell us, and I, for one, am hoping that the skies over Punxsutawney will be so cloud-laden that day that high noon on Gobbler's Knob will resemble Edward Bulwer-Lytton's, "dark and stormy night."

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope your heat gets fixed soon R raysmyheart !

My morning has been weird. This morning as I was giving Pumpkin Face her pred, the new bottle of pills I just picked up last night I noticed were different color and shape than what I normally get. So I tried to google what it is-couldn't read the print on the pill-so didn't give it. When I finally was able to use a magnifying glass to read the inscription on the pill, google search and it was Lasix so I sent an email to the vet and they called me right back-they were sorry and gonna switch them out for the correct ones when I stop in later. So it's good news I didn't give it-because I know most people wouldn't think any about it-so my advice-always double check new pills are in fact the correct ones. Easy enough mistake to be made and I am glad I did NOT give it to her...google wasn't finding anything with what I thought it said.. I could see 2.5 but it's 12.5 and 240 under it..my vision is great but this is tiny print on a tiny pill..Thats my positive- they were fine with exchanging it and all is well.
foxxycat foxxycat - Your kitties are blessed with such a dedicated and considerate mom.

A co-worker and friend, who stayed in Virunga National Park (DR Congo), sent me some pictures of the critically endangered mountain gorillas. Virunga's success in recent years is due to its dedicated ranger force. Park rangers risk their lives on a daily basis to protect the endangered wildlife and habitats within the park, as well as the people living around the park boundary. That is more than pawsitive...

simon - gorilla's4 Virunga.jpg simon - gorilla's2 Virunga.jpg

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That's funny about the fur=I have been trying to get Jon to brush Pumpy Lumpy more often--she's been shedding like crazy. Maybe we will get an early spring. I remember one spring I was digging in my gardens at the beginning of March. One year it was not until mid to late May before the snow went bye bye.

In fact I got to shovel the deck-it hasn't gotten done yet-worked late that night it snowed and last night I was exhausted. I have Saturday off so that's my mission for Saturday-shovel the rest if it doesn't melt first then start shoveling some of the snow off their playground out by the kitchen window-right now it's about 3 feet deep- I usually push the snow to the left then off the cliff that's just past the deck..takes me a good week to move all the snow next to the deck, in front then in the walk way-the cats like to sit and watch things twitch in the woods and they don't care much for walking in snow.
I will say there were foot prints in the snow on the deck-so Miss Honeybee ventured out even though the snow looks around 5 to 6 inches deep...that's my girl! Brave brave kitty! That's a positive=she doesn't let bad weather deter her. Rain, snow, sun she loves it all. Goes out in the rain in the summer too..but I think she takes cover under the deck-not as wet there...

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That's funny about the fur=I have been trying to get Jon to brush Pumpy Lumpy more often--she's been shedding like crazy. Maybe we will get an early spring. I remember one spring I was digging in my gardens at the beginning of March.
foxxycat foxxycat - 2007, yep. I had a row tilled before April first - with the hand-tiller, not the tractor - and had the pea fence up and seedlings in before Tax Day! It looks very much like we might have another Spring just like that this year - and trust me on this: I will not be complaining if it happens!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have paw-sitive news, the part for my furnace has arrived and the work is schedule for between 12-4 pm, so I am hoping to get heat this afternoon! Bbbbrrrrr. Very paw-sitive that I ran the water every hour and pipes have not frozen. :cheerleader::goldstar::bunnydance:I am returning my good fortune in prayer intentions for anyone having a tough time today and I hope I can encourage someone in my words today.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa -- thanks for sharing your post and pix about/of the Mountain gorillas. My first professional article was an obituary of Dian Fossey, who as I'm sure you know was enormously influential in gaining understanding of, and empathy for, these intelligent and social beings. Did you happen to catch the recent series on her life, work, and untimely demise? I was glad to read that one of the gorillas she wrote about, studied, and loved, Poppy, is still alive.
jcat jcat That is cause for a PAWSitive post, absolutely! May he have a long, healthy, happy, Loved life with his new person/family!
It's beautifully cool and cloudy this morning as I work away with a tortoiseshell laptop warming us both. Two forecasts say possible rain -- praying for that! -- and one does not. We need it, and I love it. We shall see.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa -- thanks for sharing your post and pix about/of the Mountain gorillas. My first professional article was an obituary of Dian Fossey, who as I'm sure you know was enormously influential in gaining understanding of, and empathy for, these intelligent and social beings. Did you happen to catch the recent series on her life, work, and untimely demise? I was glad to read that one of the gorillas she wrote about, studied, and loved, Poppy, is still alive.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Yes. I watched 'Secrets in the mist', the three part series, on National Geographic channel last month. I admire Fossy very much. She sets us all an example.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
People who snore should have a medical exam to find our why they are snoring as it can be a sign of sleep apnea which can actually be deadly.
Panthera snores very quietly and only very seldom, I had the vet check him for the reason of his snoring which was inconclusive. The others are quiet, not a sound, Capuccino snored when she had a cold because her nose was runny, that's all over now. Even Bebe, the Persian with her smooshed-in face does not snore, I think I have weird cats but they are healthy at age 10,13, 18 and 18 and that is good.
I too am waiting for a little rain, what little we had a few weeks ago was causing mud slides, if this would come on a little slower it would be great as we don't need any more devastation with first fire and then flood. It was all thickly overcast this morning, now there are some clouds and the sun keeps going in and out but a chilly 60F (chilly for SoCal).

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People who snore should have a medical exam to find our why they are snoring as it can be a sign of sleep apnea which can actually be deadly.
Panthera snores very quietly and only very seldom, I had the vet check him for the reason of his snoring which was inconclusive. The others are quiet, not a sound, Capuccino snored when she had a cold because her nose was runny, that's all over now. Even Bebe, the Persian with her smooshed-in face does not snore, I think I have weird cats but they are healthy at age 10,13, 18 and 18 and that is good.
I too am waiting for a little rain, what little we had a few weeks ago was causing mud slides, if this would come on a little slower it would be great as we don't need any more devastation with first fire and then flood. It was all thickly overcast this morning, now there are some clouds and the sun keeps going in and out but a chilly 60F (chilly for SoCal).
Yeah. Two days' rain so far for the rainy season, which starts in November. WE NEED RAIN!!!
I am not a gambler, but would you care to guess on whether or not we get any rain? Two reports I've seen say yes, this afternoon or maybe, this evening; the third says no. :gaah:
But to keep it PAWSitive, I'm hopeful that we will. All of the plants are anticipating it. They don't want me to have to water, either. :rolleyes:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished one of two cat perches. I will call these "Kittypa's Modified Carpet Covered Cat Perch Version 1".

FinishedPerch.jpg

The base and top are 2 feet by 3 feet. It is 71 inches tall with a 12" x 12" hole in the top.

PerchTop.jpg

I have wanted to make these for over a year and will be taking this one home tonight:) Thank you @kittypa for sharing your design with me, I know I changed it a lot but it is the same basic design.

Status
Not open for further replies.