Status
Not open for further replies.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot, we have a hard time getting through 4 of them! Lol

View attachment 215075 View attachment 215076

Finally got some pics of all 3 of us. I'm bad at selfies so its easier when someone else is holding the phone.
Alicia88 Alicia88 - Thank you for sharing this tender family moment ...

Missy has turned from an occasional into a full time lap cat ; she snuggles and purrs more than ever before. I couldn't be more happy

IMG_20180119_215413 (1).jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been sick for two weeks now. A coughing, hacking, snot monster. The kitties have been wonderful nursemaids though. Constantly snuggling up with me and providing comfort. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to these two. Just what the doctor ordered!
View attachment 215108 View attachment 215109
@weebeasties - Sam certainly does look comfortable here; what a gorgeous fellow he is!

A reminder for everyone: this month's Photo Contest - "Sleeping Cats" is drawing some fabulous photos of - what else?

Photo Contest - Sleeping Cats!

Let's see those Kitties In Dreamland! Submissions are being accepted through January twenty-fourth, so that leaves plenty of time. Surely, some time in the next four days, your kitty will need a nap, yes? Get in the darkroom, load up those film holders, set up that camera and tripod, take some pictures, go back in the darkroom and hunt around for the rodinal, develop those plates, print 'em up and scan them into your computer! Or you could just use your cell phone.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
@weebeasties - Sam certainly does look comfortable here; what a gorgeous fellow he is!

A reminder for everyone: this month's Photo Contest - "Sleeping Cats" is drawing some fabulous photos of - what else?

Photo Contest - Sleeping Cats!

Let's see those Kitties In Dreamland! Submissions are being accepted through January twenty-fourth, so that leaves plenty of time. Surely, some time in the next four days, your kitty will need a nap, yes? Get in the darkroom, load up those film holders, set up that camera and tripod, take some pictures, go back in the darkroom and hunt around for the rodinal, develop those plates, print 'em up and scan them into your computer! Or you could just use your cell phone.
I love the photo contest theme for this month! I haven’t entered anything yet because I have so many cute pictures of Charlie sleeping, I’m having trouble choosing! Having a lot of cute Charlie photos to look through is always a pawsitive! :catlove:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Warm out around 45ish and shoveling snow off deck for Miss Honeybee to prowl around...she was outside but the scraping of the shovel scared her so she bolted under the deck...here she is before I scared miss Swishy tail.

Alicia you guys look happy and content. As someone else who grew up with hand me downs and yard sailing every weekend we rarely purchased new stuff.

And that saying is one I say all the time to the guys at work when they talk about spending money. Use it up or go without is my favorite saying.

In fact I have fond memories of my dad taking me to the town dump and we used to find the coolest stuff in the metal areas. One year i got an expensive mountain bike that I used for 4 years. Put 1500 miles on that sucker before frame cracked on me.

And here's the bee
20180120_113130.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Warm out around 45ish and shoveling snow off deck for Miss Honeybee to prowl around...she was outside but the scraping of the shovel scared her so she bolted under the deck...here she is before I scared miss Swishy tail.

Alicia you guys look happy and content. As someone else who grew up with hand me downs and yard sailing every weekend we rarely purchased new stuff.

And that saying is one I say all the time to the guys at work when they talk about spending money. Use it up or go without is my favorite saying.

In fact I have fond memories of my dad taking me to the town dump and we used to find the coolest stuff in the metal areas. One year i got an expensive mountain bike that I used for 4 years. Put 1500 miles on that sucker before frame cracked on me.

And here's the bee
View attachment 215167
foxxycat foxxycat - Miss Swishy-Tail Honeybee certainly is stunning - and look - she seems to be looking longingly to the west northwest - right in the direction of Olcott Beach! I think she wants to live here visit!

Mom and Dad were slightly at odds regarding saving or spending. Dad had a jar into which he'd dutifully put money "saved" by either fixing something or making do with something else. The conversations were usually quite short and one sided.

"I put a nickel in the jar today."

"Let's celebrate by going out to dinner!"

Poor old Dad usually lost that repartee.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@weebeasties Isn't that the BEST?!! Hope you feel better soon! Getting plenty of C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy) is the proven best way! :yess::redtabby::tabbycat:
Alicia88 Alicia88 Great pix! Now how about some with the ENTIRE family? :kneading:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Yeah, my family have always been that way through the generations, especially my dad's. My mom's was a little bit different as she had ancestors who were gangsters :running:so there were a lot of ill-gotten gains in her family. Somehow she turned out the exact opposite, for which I'm eternally grateful.
"Frugal" is kind of my middle name -- I think I may even outdo my dad on that, and he was VERY careful, left to his own devices. He was generous with my mom, though, and with me, so it wasn't easy for him -- must have been a perennial dilemma. So glad I had a lot of great life lessons from ancestors and they still help me now, every day. :yess:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 - Thank you for sharing this tender family moment ...

Missy has turned from an occasional into a full time lap cat ; she snuggles and purrs more than ever before. I couldn't be more happy

View attachment 215162
Missy can snuggle on my lap anytime. She's so beautiful! :cloud9:

I had a great morning. I woke up and Lilith was snuggled up by my side. Sophie was on my pillow right above my head. She kept petting my cheek with her little paw and her purring was so loud that DD could hear her in the living room when she came out from her room to look for them.

I took this picture of Lily last night. She's starting to tolerate the camera more. She usually gets upset and leaves the room when I bust out the phone. :camera:

thumbnail_53812211407__7F429A3E-3AB5-4AC9-A328-A8960F9ED5DE.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Missy can snuggle on my lap anytime. She's so beautiful! :cloud9:

I had a great morning. I woke up and Lilith was snuggled up by my side. Sophie was on my pillow right above my head. She kept petting my cheek with her little paw and her purring was so loud that DD could hear her in the living room when she came out from her room to look for them.

I took this picture of Lily last night. She's starting to tolerate the camera more. She usually gets upset and leaves the room when I bust out the phone. :camera:

View attachment 215178
Oh, Kat0121 Kat0121 , Lily is one of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL cats I've ever seen -- she makes me feel very PAWSitive just looking at her! So gorgeous with her ebony fluff and her copper eyes! *SNORGLES* to her!:redheartpump::dancingblackcat::redheartpump:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Kat0121 Kat0121 , Lily is one of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL cats I've ever seen -- she makes me feel very PAWSitive just looking at her! So gorgeous with her ebony fluff and her copper eyes! *SNORGLES* to her!:redheartpump::dancingblackcat::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'll take both of Kat0121 Kat0121 's little girls!

Lilith and Sophie
Come to Daddy!

;)

What a glorious day it is here - just short of 50º F - and the woods are filled with tracks - Fox and rabbit; mouse and vole; deer and squirrels. Four more days of this and I might just open the pool!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! She is a beauty and she knows it. That's probably because I tell her she's gorgeous about a thousand times a day. :lol: She adores being praised and soaks it up like a little sponge. My little diva. :heartshape:

It's amazing how her coat has changed since I got her. When she was at the shelter, she was all black with some chocolate brown on her back. She had two small white tufts by her cheeks. Those tufts grew out into what you see now. I'll post some pictures that show the transformation.

Lily at home a few days after I got her. Her little belly was still shaved from her spay surgery. You can see the little tufts of white by her cheeks/chin.

thumbnail_DSC_0037 (2).jpg

About 6 months later. The tufts are growing out.

thumbnail_IMG_0533.jpg

They kept growing in and this is what she looks like now. This is the photo I submitted for the sleeping cats contest. It was taken after a bath. She was quite unhappy with me until I made her a little nest in my blanket and she fell asleep in it.

thumbnail_lilybath1.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- can we work out a visitation deal with both of them? :dancingblackcat::purr: *I cannot resist the little black cats!* :bigeyes::bigeyes:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - That's what we'll tell the judge - "we couldn't resist the little fluffy black cats, your honour!" Maybe the judge will let us off with Community Service - in a cat shelter! Get the coats with the BIG pockets.

As five o'clock nears, it's still over forty degrees here, and the sun's been out every minute. Now I remember what's under all that snow - the lawn!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If this article about Howard and Beth Stern isn't pawsitive, nothing is. Their dedication to cats is amazing. They have fostered nearly 600 cats over the past 4 years. :clap: :cheerleader:

Meet Beth and Howard Stern’s Cats

Look at those cats. They all look so content. Look at Stormy and Sweet Dreams. Could the smile on SD's little face get any bigger? Those two are heroes. Yes, Howard. Real men DO love cats! :rock:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@weebeasties Isn't that the BEST?!! Hope you feel better soon! Getting plenty of C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy) is the proven best way! :yess::redtabby::tabbycat:
Alicia88 Alicia88 Great pix! Now how about some with the ENTIRE family? :kneading:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Yeah, my family have always been that way through the generations, especially my dad's. My mom's was a little bit different as she had ancestors who were gangsters :running:so there were a lot of ill-gotten gains in her family. Somehow she turned out the exact opposite, for which I'm eternally grateful.
"Frugal" is kind of my middle name -- I think I may even outdo my dad on that, and he was VERY careful, left to his own devices. He was generous with my mom, though, and with me, so it wasn't easy for him -- must have been a perennial dilemma. So glad I had a lot of great life lessons from ancestors and they still help me now, every day. :yess:
I would love to get a family pic, but the furry members aren't particularly cooperative. Lol.
Maybe if we all bathed in tuna juice . . .

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
After spending most of my day as a snarling grump, :cloudy:a visit to this thread cheered me up enormously. :catman::catrub: Even a snarling grump has no defense against the optimism and cheerfulness here, plus I got to admire images of my favorite cats. (They are all my favorite cats). :cloud9: :bluecat::tabbycat::redtabby::gingercat::gingercat2::whiskers::redcat::bigeyes: :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Enough fun. It was laundry time. This is what I saw when I stood up
Sunset 1-20-18.jpg

Nature always soothes the snarling grump.:cloud9:

After taking some photos, I sat down to upload them to my computer. When I did, I came across this:

IMG_4628.jpg

Awww. My boy, Paul. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

No Laundry Basket 120x120.gif

:banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just back from a delightful girls' afternoon with my friends. It had been a long time since our last chance to be together without boyfriends around, so it was great. Besides, tomorrow we will go dine out together as a late celebration of Cristina's birthday, so I think this is an "epic" weekend.

As a side note, I catched Raist starting game session with Freya a few times today, instead of the other way around, so I think he is actually happy of having her here and not just "tolerating" her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.