The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Bailey finally gets a hold of it cause Tigs was taking too long! It was a catnip filled fishy that I think Linda might have made! THEY ALL LOVED IT!
I wish I was that talented!
I picked that up at one of the craft shows I went to here; knowing that it's so popular I wish I had gotten some more to send to you!! I picked up the kitty angel and magnets from a craft show as well. I know how much you love Nova Scotia, so when I saw the kitty angel with the tartan on it I had to get it. And the gnome... well you always got right into the gnome thing, so I *had* to send it to you!

Originally Posted by kittylover4eve

THANKS SO MUCH LINDA!!!
You're most welcome!! Glad you liked everything!
I had fun shopping for you!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Ss was Dutchess.
She sent alot of nice things and very good home made cookies.
Friday when I sent my package out there were white cookies like what she sent.
Her cookies are way better.
My Ss will get her package tomorrow.
Its about 30 minutes from her house right now.
It will be Ups.
I am tracking it.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright...

On the third day of Christmas my SS gave to me.....

A thin, kinda heavy for it's size package. DH guessed maybe a keychain. I had no clue what it could be.

It's a very cute, cut and polished section of what I think is Green Agate Geode?
It's stunning!

Got a shot of it towards the ceiling to get a good one, but got out the Macro lens to get some nicer detail shots too!

You can see all the beautiful rings of color and the hole where the crystals are. It's tons of awesome shades of green. (which by now EVERYONE should know is my favorite color!

Very pretty close up of the crystal section.

And the detail of the rings!

Jan put magnets on the back so I can display it on the fridge!!! It's so pretty, and shiney, and green!!!
I love it so much!

Thanks Jan....

So, we've been getting dumped on with snow AGAIN today and we will be home all day doing pretty much nothing. So, I might have to open another pressie later... we'll see!

One last little picture....

Much the same scene as before.. Kitters taking her usual spot... RIGHT ON THE PAPER! This is after she made my move the gift too since she came and stood on it! Atleast she's not heavy!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Hey isn't there some rule about PUI'ing AND answering the door naked!
I have to admit that I was rather undecided. I was standing behind the door and had it open about 6 inches with my head peeking around it and hollering down the hallway! I'm sure my neighbours really appreciated that! I didn't want to stop yelling and run for my bathrobe in case she left. But at the same time while I was tempted to take off down the hallway buck naked, I did show some restraint.

When I heard her turn around to come back I closed the door and was about to go to the bedroom to get my robe when I heard her on the other side. I was freaking that she would open the door so I just kept saying "Just a sec! I'll be right there!"
Talk about being caught with your pants down!

Originally Posted by sarahp

WOOHOOO!!!! I'm almost been exploding with excitement waiting for the package to arrive...
I'm glad you didn't have to run out naked to get it as well

You can open the box, the presents are all wrapped up inside.

And I also took pictures of everything before I wrapped them because I wasn't sure if you had a camera, so if anyone else want to see what Linda got, PM me - mwahahahaha!!!!
Ok, I'll open the box when I get home this afternoon. I have to leave in a few minutes to run an errand. But that's as near the dark side as I'm going

And I'll take some pictures of them around my little tinsel tree this evening when it's lit up.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

And I also took pictures of everything before I wrapped them because I wasn't sure if you had a camera, so if anyone else want to see what Linda got, PM me - mwahahahaha!!!!
How tempting! We can see what she got and she remains on the Light Side. Hmmmm

Alright...

On the third day of Christmas my SS gave to me.....

A thin, kinda heavy for it's size package. DH guessed maybe a keychain. I had no clue what it could be.
What's the line from "It's the great pumpkin" - It's a rock.

It's a very cute, cut and polished section of what I think is Green Agate Geode? It's stunning!

Got a shot of it towards the ceiling to get a good one, but got out the Macro lens to get some nicer detail shots too!

You can see all the beautiful rings of color and the hole where the crystals are. It's tons of awesome shades of green. (which by now EVERYONE should know is my favorite color!

Very pretty close up of the crystal section.

And the detail of the rings!

Jan put magnets on the back so I can display it on the fridge!!! It's so pretty, and shiney, and green!!!
I love it so much!
Yep, it is an agate slice, dyed green. (There is a natural green item in one package.)

Thanks Jan....

So, we've been getting dumped on with snow AGAIN today and we will be home all day doing pretty much nothing. So, I might have to open another pressie later... we'll see!

One last little picture....

Much the same scene as before.. Kitters taking her usual spot... RIGHT ON THE PAPER! This is after she made my move the gift too since she came and stood on it! Atleast she's not heavy!
Hang tight, Kitters. More tissue paper to come!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a lucky girl, I recived 2 packages the first one is a brown padded envelope with some lovely things inside the first being magic dust

Then the cutest little purse

with this

and
inside.
Sibohan loves her furry mouse

we also recived a CD of Irish Rock music

And a christmas Brussle sprout card

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I have one more video of the girls that I'm saving....but I'll PM it to anyone who can give me a good hint on who my SS is!!
that little hopping penguin thing is cute!

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Hurry up Tiggy, what smells so good!??
lovely gifts! I love how all four cats are so helpful with opening the box!

That is pretty! I have a couple of similar ones too (I use them as coasters).

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

But at the same time while I was tempted to take off down the hallway buck naked, I did show some restraint.

Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Then the cutest little purse

And a christmas Brussle sprout card
That purse is adorable!
And who ever would've thought brussel sprouts could be cute?!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More great pressies!
Everyone looks like they are having fun!

Originally Posted by clixpix

I'm a lightsider, so even if I were home I wouldn't open it!
I'm with you, we can be 'lightsiders' together.

But, I did take the outer wrapping off my present, since I had to save the cookies that were asking to be let out of their package. Nom, nom, nom!
Also, there was a cute Chrismas cat toy that was also asking to be let out (
) so I let the kitties play with that. I went to bed and I heard the cats playing with it into the night.

Not saying who I have until after I open the gifts on Christmas, but this person is very generous, thoughtful and overall amazing!!!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey I only went dark for one present. I have not opened the 2nd package yet and that is with a note from the first package saying that she sent it because she was waiting for somthing to arrive and would send out a second package when it arrived. I am wanting to stay on the lightside....
but it's from Ireland!! I love Ireland!!

somebody tie my hands behind my back for me okay.... just until christmas.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

My Ss will get her package tomorrow.
Its about 30 minutes from her house right now.
It will be Ups.
I am tracking it.
Hmmmmm........I know the UPS distribution place is 30 minutes from my house.

And what time of day is it scheduled to arrive?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's a very cute, cut and polished section of what I think is Green Agate Geode?
It's stunning!
That is very pretty! I had a geode once about the size of half a cantaloupe. It was a full geode. When I was in 7th grade, I took it to school to show my science teacher. He ended up stealing it!!! He said he gave it back to me, but he didn't. It was one of those that was half a rock with all those beautiful crystals inside. I was so upset but what could I do? It was my word against the teacher's. My parents couldn't even get it back since he kept insisting he gave it back to me.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have to admit that I was rather undecided. I was standing behind the door and had it open about 6 inches with my head peeking around it and hollering down the hallway! I'm sure my neighbours really appreciated that! I didn't want to stop yelling and run for my bathrobe in case she left. But at the same time while I was tempted to take off down the hallway buck naked, I did show some restraint.

When I heard her turn around to come back I closed the door and was about to go to the bedroom to get my robe when I heard her on the other side. I was freaking that she would open the door so I just kept saying "Just a sec! I'll be right there!"
Talk about being caught with your pants down!

Ok, I'll open the box when I get home this afternoon. I have to leave in a few minutes to run an errand. But that's as near the dark side as I'm going

And I'll take some pictures of them around my little tinsel tree this evening when it's lit up.
Can't wait to see the pics!

Originally Posted by gemlady

Yep, it is an agate slice, dyed green. (There is a natural green item in one package.)

Hang tight, Kitters. More tissue paper to come!
Just trying to tempt me more huh?

Originally Posted by Russian Blue

More great pressies!
Everyone looks like they are having fun!

I'm with you, we can be 'lightsiders' together.

But, I did take the outer wrapping off my present, since I had to save the cookies that were asking to be let out of their package. Nom, nom, nom!
Also, there was a cute Chrismas cat toy that was also asking to be let out (
) so I let the kitties play with that. I went to bed and I heard the cats playing with it into the night.

Not saying who I have until after I open the gifts on Christmas, but this person is very generous, thoughtful and overall amazing!!!
Goodies are so much fun to get huh?

Originally Posted by Catkiki

That is very pretty! I had a geode once about the size of half a cantaloupe. It was a full geode. When I was in 7th grade, I took it to school to show my science teacher. He ended up stealing it!!! He said he gave it back to me, but he didn't. It was one of those that was half a rock with all those beautiful crystals inside. I was so upset but what could I do? It was my word against the teacher's. My parents couldn't even get it back since he kept insisting he gave it back to me.
Growing up when we moved into a place way up north, this really old lady that lived there had tons of them. She gave me one. I thought they were so pretty, I don't know what ever happened to it. I don't remember it being there when we moved in. So, maybe she never really gave it to me. I don't know. I was young! I thought too of using like a coaster too, or.. I saw on the internet where they have it in a little holder and a tealight behind it to glow through it. That would be really pretty!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I opened the packing box. Abby wasn't too interested because I had pulled out the vacuum a few minutes earlier so she ran off to hide in the closet
But Chynna was right in there.

Here are some pictures. I'll post more once I open the packages on Christmas. Though...the big one in front was torn at the edges. I think I see some chocolate and another kitty ball! We'll see how long that one lasts

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...view=slideshow

*tries to resist*

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I opened the packing box. Abby wasn't too interested because I had pulled out the vacuum a few minutes earlier so she ran off to hide in the closet
But Chynna was right in there.

Here are some pictures. I'll post more once I open the packages on Christmas. Though...the big one in front was torn at the edges. I think I see some chocolate and another kitty ball! We'll see how long that one lasts

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...view=slideshow

*tries to resist*
The chocolate is calling you, Linda.

Open meeeee! Eaaaaat meeeeee!