The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A HAH! Got you to open some of the gifts by not wrapping them! Smart SS got you partway to the Dark Side!
You get half a cookie.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Those are fresh water pearls dyed a lovely dark green. Rather a holiday type green, do you agree? The clasp is sterling silver, as are the ear wires for the earrings.

Oh, they are hand knotted on green silk. Do you know how hard it is to find dark green silk thread without a yellow tint?

I hope you get lots of wearing pleasure from them. And if the thread breaks, I think I have enough to restring it for you.
They're gorgeous, Jan! Just a suggestion - I have a string of jade beads that I kept managing to break several times a year. My mom got so sick of hearing about me breaking the string that she sent me some green mint-flavored dental floss, which was brilliant. I now restring the beads with dental floss every five or six years.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

They're gorgeous, Jan! Just a suggestion - I have a string of jade beads that I kept managing to break several times a year. My mom got so sick of hearing about me breaking the string that she sent me some green mint-flavored dental floss, which was brilliant. I now restring the beads with dental floss every five or six years.
And if you're at a dinner party, and realise you have a pesky piece of meat between your teeth, you can just whip off your necklace and quickly sort it out

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Never used the floss because I have so many other stringing media.

Originally Posted by sarahp

And if you're at a dinner party, and realise you have a pesky piece of meat between your teeth, you can just whip off your necklace and quickly sort it out
That and the necklace smells good, too!

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Guess who got a pressie today???????????????
Jerry?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I see that my recipient received her gifts, and she seems pleased.
I am so happy to hear that, b/c I really tried to get her things that she'd like.
But she still hasn't figured out who I am yet!
I'm gonna send her one more hint..

I still haven't heard a thing from my Secret Santa, so I guess she's gonna make me wait.
Every time the mailman or UPS pulls up, I get all excited!

Gemlady, those pearls are just beautiful - and I don't even like green! But you really did a good job on them! Lucky Silly Jilly!

The rest of y'all are getting some really nice gifts, too.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Too funny!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jill! Have you opened any more?

KittKatt? You should have seen all the pretty pink pearls the dealer had.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sure! Rub it in!

I really don't even like pearls (kinda strange coming from a jewelry freak!), but those were gorgeous!
I doubt I'd turn any of your pink pearls down! (hint, hint
)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I uploaded a few videos to photobucket so my Secret Santa can see how much my girls are enjoying their presents. I still don't know who you are; but I think I have you narrowed down to 10 people.....

(Pardon DH's sock and the background noise. I was watching Nick at Night when I took these.)
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4263.flv

Moochie gettin the nip!

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4273.flv

I have one more video of the girls that I'm saving....but I'll PM it to anyone who can give me a good hint on who my SS is!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I have one more video of the girls that I'm saving....but I'll PM it to anyone who can give me a good hint on who my SS is!!
the little wind-up toy looks like a kiwi... & didn't you say there was a key chain from NZ?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great presents everyone!

I hear from the people watching my girls that I have two packages. One of them is probably their cat food since I ordered some for them. I think the other one must be from my SS? Maybe? Who knows.
I'm a lightsider, so even if I were home I wouldn't open it!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I wanted to thank my SS for my wonderful gifts that I received yesterday!! I had gotten a notice from the postoffice last Monday telling me I needed to come in and sign for a pick up of a package, but dopey me never even gave it a thought that it was a SS thing.......

I know who my SS is, and Linda, THANK YOU so much for the wonderful thing TTP&B and myself found inside........let's get to some pics!!

Trixie was the first to wonder what this box was for!

Then Tiggy and Petals got nosey as well!

Tiggy says to little brother Bailey, "Boo, there is something that smells really GOOD in here!"

I can't make out what it is yet, but BOY is my heart racing!!

Hurry up Tiggy, what smells so good!??

Bailey finally gets a hold of it cause Tigs was taking too long! It was a catnip filled fishy that I think Linda might have made! THEY ALL LOVED IT!

Tiggy says to Trixie, "Can I play with it?? I smelled it first!"

They also got some other toys and Greenie treats that they all absolutely loved!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linda did a great job, very thoughtful job in what she sent! Here is a pic of it all.

There is the cutest pair of snowman socks, a box of Russell Stover candy, a bag of Hershey kisses, a cat dancer for TTP&B, a lighthouse calendar where I can change the month and day with the blocks, a kitty notebook that very much looks like Petals when she was younger, some kitty note paper, some Greenie treats, a few misc toys for them that they have been fighting over already, the very popular stuffed catnip toy, two of the cutest little fridge magnets, a wonderful calendar of Nova Scotia, Canada, a ceramic gnome little planter, (LOL I love it) some wonderful hot chocolate mixes, some yummy maple syrup, and the sweetest little kitty angel ornament that went immediately on my tree. I hope I didn't forgeta anything but I wanted to post this before my busy day gets going........

Poppa Jerry had fun playing with the cat dancer with Trixie and Bailey.

THANKS SO MUCH LINDA!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie, we have several Linda's but I would guess the Nova Scotia calendar means Chester & Piper?

Oh, have a cookie.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!
It's here! It's here!!

I've never in my life gotten a delivery on a Sunday!! I almost missed it too

My phone rang at 9:30am and I didn't get to it fast enough and no message was left. I tried the "who called me last" and redialed the number but there was no answer.

I was just on my way into the shower when I heard someone walking down the hall and the rustle of paper. I peeked out the door and saw a delivery slip on the knob and heard the person walking back to the elevator. Here I am stark naked, with the door cracked open and I'm yelling " Wait! Delivery Person! Hello! I'm here!"
I heard foot steps coming back and I quickly ran and got my bathrobe.

I haven't opened it yet, but I know from the address and handwriting that my SS is ........

Sarahp

The "dark side" is calling, but I'm going to resist and I'm not opening it until December 25th. I did give it a light shake and hear bells!

Thank you so much Sarah! I'll be sure to take pictures and post them when I do open the box!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Guess who got a pressie today???????????????
Me?

Originally Posted by KittKatt

Well, I see that my recipient received her gifts, and she seems pleased. I am so happy to hear that, b/c I really tried to get her things that she'd like.
But she still hasn't figured out who I am yet!
I'm gonna send her one more hint..

I still haven't heard a thing from my Secret Santa, so I guess she's gonna make me wait. Every time the mailman or UPS pulls up, I get all excited!

Gemlady, those pearls are just beautiful - and I don't even like green! But you really did a good job on them! Lucky Silly Jilly!
The rest of y'all are getting some really nice gifts, too.
She did do a great job didn't she!

Jill! Have you opened any more?

Actually... I have... I will post in a minute!

Linda did a great job, very thoughtful job in what she sent! Here is a pic of it all.

There is the cutest pair of snowman socks, a box of Russell Stover candy, a bag of Hershey kisses, a cat dancer for TTP&B, a lighthouse calendar where I can change the month and day with the blocks, a kitty notebook that very much looks like Petals when she was younger, some kitty note paper, some Greenie treats, a few misc toys for them that they have been fighting over already, the very popular stuffed catnip toy, two of the cutest little fridge magnets, a wonderful calendar of Nova Scotia, Canada, a ceramic gnome little planter, (LOL I love it) some wonderful hot chocolate mixes, some yummy maple syrup, and the sweetest little kitty angel ornament that went immediately on my tree. I hope I didn't forgeta anything but I wanted to post this before my busy day gets going........

Poppa Jerry had fun playing with the cat dancer with Trixie and Bailey.

THANKS SO MUCH LINDA!!!
Wow!!! Great gifts... T,T,P & B all look totally spoiled! GG Linda!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

OMG!!
It's here! It's here!!

My phone rang at 9:30am and I didn't get to it fast enough and no message was left. I tried the "who called me last" and redialed the number but there was no answer.

I was just on my way into the shower when I heard someone walking down the hall and the rustle of paper. I peeked out the door and saw a delivery slip on the knob and heard the person walking back to the elevator. Here I am stark naked, with the door cracked open and I'm yelling " Wait! Delivery Person! Hello! I'm here!" I heard foot steps coming back and I quickly ran and got my bathrobe.

I haven't opened it yet, but I know from the address and handwriting that my SS is ........

Sarahp

The "dark side" is calling, but I'm going to resist and I'm not opening it until December 25th. I did give it a light shake and hear bells!

Thank you so much Sarah! I'll be sure to take pictures and post them when I do open the box!
Hey isn't there some rule about PUI'ing AND answering the door naked!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

OMG!!
It's here! It's here!!

I was just on my way into the shower when I heard someone walking down the hall and the rustle of paper. I peeked out the door and saw a delivery slip on the knob and heard the person walking back to the elevator. Here I am stark naked, with the door cracked open and I'm yelling " Wait! Delivery Person! Hello! I'm here!"
I heard foot steps coming back and I quickly ran and got my bathrobe.

Sarahp

WOOHOOO!!!! I'm almost been exploding with excitement waiting for the package to arrive...
I'm glad you didn't have to run out naked to get it as well

You can open the box, the presents are all wrapped up inside.

And I also took pictures of everything before I wrapped them because I wasn't sure if you had a camera, so if anyone else want to see what Linda got, PM me - mwahahahaha!!!!