The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did some yoga last week at home. The yoga studio that will be a tenant in the ground floor retail space of my employer's new building is supposed to open sometime late December or early January
If there's a grand opening thing I'll go check it out The web site doesn't have a schedule yet for the new studio. I'm hoping the new studio location will offer more non-heated classes than their other studio.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for all the support.

I'm happy about the fact that I haven't caught any predators on camera. I've got loads of deer, some rabbits, mice and birds but nothing that could harm a cat. That's a good sign, I think.

I guess I just have to keep looking.

2 hours walk and then 2 hours raking, weeding and pruning yesterday. I'm about to start yoga now. I haven't done any yoga for the past 4 weeks, I think I'm going to be stiff.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter bicycling:

You might not believe it, but that rear tire grips much better than some other German brand's winter tires for bicycle.

There was snow and there was ice, but there was no slipping.

Tire is Continental Speed King 2 with Black Chili compound, that did cost around 30 euros + delivery, but worth every penny, I have been riding on it for more than a year, maybe nearly two years soon, but there is not much wear, except on sides, it is not made for crushed stone and sides start to show some wear as I have been riding on crushed stone.
Best part of that tire is that it is fast, equally fast to racing bike tires with lot more grip.

Got also laser tail light this week, only 1.5 euros delivered, it is quite nice, cars are leaving lot more space with those laser beams on road.

All those lights did cost 29 euros, which is not too much.

Got myself to bike ride finally, long time since last one, I didn't want to ride too fast, but then again it was -8C (well below 20F) so I ended up riding bit faster than intended, dark as I rode after sun had set and only bit over 30 minutes, however I did enjoy it, mostly because my mind could not bend over that insane amount of grip that tires had on snow and ice, it is not logical, it defies laws of physics, but still I had no trouble pedaling up hill while standing, where at summer there was more tire slippage, maybe not riding too long has just made me weak? :lol3:

Greatest issue was that my mind would not release from thought that it must be slippery, so that is why I did not ride over 50km/h at downhill, it would of been perfectly possible, but when I look rear tire and then on ground, my brain cannot comprehend the fact that it will not slip.

Tire is like belly of snake, I guess that is part of the reason why it holds on so well when it is this cold, it is complicated combination of tire and how snow and ice changes when it gets colder, bit like riding on fly paper, but rolling extremely fast, bike felt like if it would pedal itself.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Thanks Tammat=It's a Beep show here about the elections.

I feel like a mammoth some days. Just keep slashing my hands in front of me keep moving-no matter how pissed off I am feeling. I have to keep moving and say you know what it.

Today has been a sad day for friendships. I DONT understand people. Going to the gym and take it out on the machines and weights. I need a speed bag so I can practice boxing...wish they had a speed bag and body bag there so I can get out my aggressions.  (speed bag=is that small bag that you punch really fast at face height.) I want one in the worst way. With the face of an individual from my long ago past on it so I can beat his face up. ):():():(

Yeah I am getting pissed off at people because they seem to have forgotten how to show love and kindness but instead keep getting in my face about things. I Just have to keep moving on and not let it hurt.

I have NEVER said anything hurtful to anyone's face or behind their backs but they keep attacking me well that's what the gym is for right?!

Norchan I am glad you haven't seen any bad animals.

Jtbo you do know that if you let some air out of the tires you will have better traction right? I love the pictures and your narrative. Keep up the good work.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Tammat=It's a Beep show here about the elections.

I feel like a mammoth some days. Just keep slashing my hands in front of me keep moving-no matter how pissed off I am feeling. I have to keep moving and say you know what it.

Today has been a sad day for friendships. I DONT understand people. Going to the gym and take it out on the machines and weights. I need a speed bag so I can practice boxing...wish they had a speed bag and body bag there so I can get out my aggressions.  (speed bag=is that small bag that you punch really fast at face height.) I want one in the worst way. With the face of an individual from my long ago past on it so I can beat his face up. ):():():(

Yeah I am getting pissed off at people because they seem to have forgotten how to show love and kindness but instead keep getting in my face about things. I Just have to keep moving on and not let it hurt.

I have NEVER said anything hurtful to anyone's face or behind their backs but they keep attacking me well that's what the gym is for right?!

Norchan I am glad you haven't seen any bad animals.

Jtbo you do know that if you let some air out of the tires you will have better traction right? I love the pictures and your narrative. Keep up the good work.
There are some weird people in this world, not sure if I'm all that normal either, but some are broken in such way that they must hurt others to feel good, it is so wrong, but yeah, such happens, I know that all too well.

There are then those social cues and all that black magic of communication that at least I have never given any manual of and it is completely illogical ruleset, which some people except everyone to understand perfectly, but there are so many others like me that we will never be able to even remotely understand those rules, it all makes just a big mess.

It is extrovert world where introvert is an alien.

Oh yes, I know lowering the tire pressures as I ride quite a lot in rough. I think I had something like 50psi today, with other brand's winter tires I did try to lower pressure even to 7psi and they still refused to grip, these Continental tires with Black Chili compound seem to grip even with higher pressures, I really think they have some magic in them :)

At front I have Continental Race King Race Sport (RS), fastest knobbly tire in a world, a lot faster than most slick tires and very close to race bike tires in speed, I have had many tires, but these are nothing short of amazing. Always when I get on the bike I remember which I forgot, bike runs so easily, wish I would remember it so there would not be so long brakes from riding.

I really hope that Norachan's kitty finds itself to home, it has been enough long adventure now, so better hear this and find back to home, now! :lol3:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Totally agree with this, @JTbo
Being a quite type person is NOT a bad thing at all. The world needs quiet people and be appreciative of them and their contributions, as discussed in Susan Cain's book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking.

My only excecise these days are climbing up and down step stools at work (too short at 5' 3"
) and yoga at home with my phone app.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Totally agree with this, @JTbo
Being a quite type person is NOT a bad thing at all. The world needs quiet people and be appreciative of them and their contributions, as discussed in Susan Cain's book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking.
Hermits of the World, Unite!

I did an hour of yoga then walked for an hour yesterday. The yoga felt good.

Mr Husband came up with the genius idea of putting the trail camera and cat food behind the sheds where we take our rubbish to be collected. The rubbish all goes into brick sheds with heavy iron doors to keep the bears out, but mice can get under the doors and where there are mice......

This morning's exercise was planting a tree. I've got to teach a class of kinder students this afternoon, then go for another walk after that.

Wrap up warm everyone! Winter is almost here. (Or in @JTbo  's case already here.)

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
forgot to post on here about Wednesday. 1.5 miles 29 minutes on elliptical. I was tired. Didn't do anything last night. Trying to do the rest for 48 hours and not overdo it. the knee still sore. I think it's sprained and of course 4 to 6 weeks it takes for a sprain to heal. Grr. well we shall see.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I finally got a cat on the trail camera last night. Not Twinkle, some little feral kitty. It's a step in the right direction, where this is one cat there might be others too.

One hour walk today.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At Friday I had to visit health care to move one time they had put over another of times they had issued (our wold's best systems don't communicate with each other...), I got there with neighbor and had to walk two miles, but instead of walking, I did walk/run, it was quite nice actually as I had way too little clothing and it was quite cold temps.

However clerk at reception was not nice, she asked if I have caretaker or why this is so difficult as she insisted of using phone which I don't have as I think world should run just fine without phones, there is no point having such hurry.

I found that rather insulting that her incapability to understand something unexpected she turns to be my fault and treats me like seriously retarded person. I think that persons in such jobs should be taught that if they face something that they cannot understand it is not customers fault, it is their own inability to comprehend different.

Turned my back and walked away to other office where there was no any kind of issues, person there was perfect example of professional.

I guess it is Yin and Yang, as there had to be worst, there had to best, so that balance is maintained, but even the more I feel that I should stop talking completely and absolutely as so many of those extroverted persons fail to hear words and judge by impressions without engaging brain. Of course there are exceptions to that rule, but really I have had enough of such and I'm seriously considering to limit my communication to written form only, at least then I can underline what words I used and ask where from thin air you grab those insane thoughts to anyone behaving in such weird manner towards me again.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jtbo=Welcome to the world of idiots. Sigh.

Yep I have trouble reading faces=what I think is one thing-evidently is another. Like if you ask me how am I ? I will tell the truth. I didn't know it's all bullcrap. That when someone asks me a question then I need to lie. I HATE that. So now I do. But I get resentful and like you I no longer want to deal face to face with people who have no brain. They don't understand normal thinking. Period. Or they snide at me and judge me. Sick of idiots. I work very hard to keep my face neutral and not let on any annoyance or other negative emotions-but unfortunately I don't lie very well. So yes I do understand. Very much.

Hit the gym last night. Ran into that weird guy who was talking to me this summer-he works 2nd shift and I work 1st. He lost 20 lbs and looks ripped. although he kept complaining about love handles. eyeroll. for 63 he looks damn good. He had me try chin ups. Now I haven't done these since highschool..over 20 years.

Yeah no I suck. I couldn't do even one. So we went over to the chin up assist machine where they have those weight plates=and put it at 75% of my weight-much better. Did those and dips. Then he showed me some goofing off on the smith machine-its bolted to the floor and I jumped up with hands on tallest location where the bar rests and swung myself back and forth...god. My core is weak. Just doing those builds your core-front and back. So it was funny for a laugh=it's dead in there right now. So then did some standing shoulder presses and still at the same weight-which is GOOD. I don't have to start all over. sigh.

This time did it backwards-arms first then cardio,. I found I don't like doing it this way. I prefer to be warmed up before lifting but hey I haven't seen him in months so it was nice to shoot the breeze..and found out that I could get a job where he works but the pay is much less...at least I am keeping my options open if something happens.

Then hopped on the elliptical machine...over an hour..I think it was 75 minutes. I was messing around with sprinting. I was also trying to see how fast I could get it to go..see I told you I am an animal when it comes to stuff like this..I got it up to 12.5 mph = which I call bs. it went from 7-8 then 10-12. I bet the thingy is broken. I only did it in 15 second increments..4 minutes at normal pace...this I do in the very beginning...cause once I start huffing and puffing it's all over...so that was my fun yesterday in the gym. Made myself quit by 6. Had to eat. wasn't hungry. rice and chili/beans. didn't finish it. I am still going today. I prefer weekend workouts. it's empty in there and don't like people watching me...I told you I am a weird cookie.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So, I've been doing lots of walking/cat hunting this weekend.

I walked for an hour yesterday morning and then 2 hours yesterday afternoon. I keep getting the same black bob-tail cat on my trail camera. Our village hall Lost Pet page has a missing 8 month old kitten listed on there, so I'm waiting for the people to call me back so I can e-mail the pictures I have to them. I'm not sure where in the village they live, could be miles away, but hopefully the poor little guy has got a home somewhere.

Walked for 2 hours today. A few people have called to tell me there is a long haired tabby cat in another part of the village, not far from here. Today I finally saw him! He does look like Twinkle, but it's not her. This cat is a much larger male with a long tail.

So I'm kind of at a loss as to where to look now. I was hoping to be able to go out tonight and commune with the Super Moon to get some inspiration, but it's raining and I can't even see it.

I left some food for the black bob-tail in the usual place but brought the trail camera in so I can send the pictures.

Come on Twinkle, get your fuzzy little butt home!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Even though I bagged exercise for the most part last week, I have been following you, hoping for some word on Twinkle. I'm so sorry, Norachan. I hope she's OK and that she'll soon find her way back home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
4.25 miles today! 

I figured I'm working OT for that meeting today. And I needed to get my butt out there. And so I did. It felt so good!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much of exercise for me today, I did code 3 hours of my evening as I got new toy at late afternoon (Arduino microcontroller), but my indoor temp is now visible on screen thanks to all that coding and I think that I will burn few extra calories because of that, or is it just because of the fact that it is not very warm in here?

I would love to see health care clerks attempting to do that, I could ask them about need of caretaker as it seem to be so difficult :lol3:

Learning new things is fun, maybe that too burns some calories? I wish :bigmouth:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love it Jtbo=Just recently I looked up what coding means...well MANY years ago when I was 5 or 6 my dad taught me how to build a program on our Atari computer...I loved it. I used to tell the computer to solve math problems...hahaha. Then when I was 8 or 10 we called up BBS boards-which was the local internet-our computer dialed other computers and via a modem we "talked" to one another...fun. No graphics. only text. and you used text to make graphics =^..^=   I remember some of the elaborate things we used to come up with.

Last night

5 miles elliptical 65 minutes

jumped back on smith machine-arms/shoulders/back.

knee is mildly sore-I didn't put my feet in a particular angle on the elliptical machine-I think that was what caused it=stretched for 15 minutes before going home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
4.25 miles walked today during lunch.

I'll have to go back to 3.50 miles tomorrow. The only reason I went longer the past two days is because I'm working some OT. I don't get paid for OT (it's a long story) so I'm starting to take some extra walking time during lunch.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still here. Still working out 6 days a week. I'm even still eating well :clap:
Hermits of the world unite!! Woo!! I'm in on that :D I would probably feel a bit overwhelmed if we all got together though :lol3:
I mostly keep to myself and my family and I'm happy with that however I'm still pretty keen to get a dog. :D
Today I'm about to have a nap and then I'll do my legs. No gymnastics tonight so I might even get a run in.

Keep moving everybody.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I did it! 10,013,951 lifetime steps since June 2013, according to my Fitbit! That is 4,680.87 miles, which I think comes out to about 4 miles a day, give or take. One step at a time. One foot in front of the other. And just go. I'm pretty happy about that. My Fitbit, on the other hand, is pretty tired of keeping track. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.