Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Jtbo=Dehydration!

Drink more fluids!

Ok I found a super hard workout-I didn't do all the moves-not enough time on my lunch but the ones I could do-WOW!

Gonna check out this thing she has on-some kind of weight chest band thingy. magiggy.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3 miles on the treadmill this morning

3 miles walked during lunch today

I thought I'd try walking twice a day for a couple of days and see what happens. Tomorrow, since I'm leaving work in the morning, I won't be here during lunch, so no lunch walk. But I'll still hit the treadmill in the early morning. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jtbo=Dehydration!

Drink more fluids!
Oh yes that too, got awful diarrhea yesterday from some odd reason and ears have had that feeling of getting sick, so I have lost way too much liquids lately which just makes it even worse.

Also I have a theory, orange juice does not work as a liquid, it makes one pee so much more that it probably disposes all the liquid it has in it, not a surprise that I had mostly orange juice last two days as a liquid, which again works against me here.

Hopefully some other can find it useful and make better choices...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yes. Juice is my culprit for weight gain but nothing else satisfies like a glass of orange juice and 10 minutes later-get out of my way!

Do you guys have pedilyte or Gatorade? Someone posted a recipe of how to make your own-I think it was steph who posts in the kitten forum-basicly you want water-salt and some other things-can't remember..if anyone remembers that recipe to make our own pedilyte can you post it again?

I find the Gatorade has TOO much sugar but it's better than nothing. I can't eat bananas anymore so I eat potatoes for my potassium but experimenting with something called moringa. God it stinks having bathroom issues..makes you feel crummy then you go sweat and workout and make yourself feel crappier....start drinking!!

Winchester=this weekend is going to test me-we have 2 days off but not sure about weekend. I only go to the gym if I am at work so I also have a ton of stuff I put off for a year-got to really get my mitts dirty and just get it done. Especially now that we got snow-I have no clue if my snow gear even fits. it was tight last year=looks like going shopping for some snow pants...saw some at yardsales this summer...of course I poopooed..and now it's super cold out. I would like to start walking outside again but I keep making excuses. Good job Winchester!

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
90 minutes horse riding today, on the lovely Cha Cha. 

It was a really warm day for November. After about an hour we reached a nice open field and Cha Cha decided she was going to lie down and roll in the grass! Luckily I was able to jump out of the way before she squashed me. Mr Husband was riding a horse called Fujikaze and he decided to get down and roll too.

@Columbine
 does Collie ever try that when you're riding her?

Some pictures from our ride.

Fujikaze in his new head collar. Yes, those are daimante studs. Bling Bling!

A very wet and muddy Cha Cha. I can understand why she wanted to roll.

Fujikaze rolling....

...and then shaking off.

Look at that lovely blue sky!
Beautiful pictures (and ponies), as ever Norachan :9:

Collie doesn't try to roll with me these days, but she was an absolute terror for it when she was 3 1/2 - 4. It wasn't long since I'd broken her (though I backed her at 2), and I'd tried to progress a little to fast for her - she was (is) so bright that she was understanding mentally what was required of her but wasn't ready emotionally. I ended up giving her the best part of a year off (with just a little gentle hacking occasionally), and she came back a totally different pony :heart3:

Sorry I've not been around guys - i'm just not in the right frame of mind to be in here at the moment :sigh:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Truly gorgeous pictures! I didn't see them before as I didn't go back to that page (I'm sorry). Bling, bling. That's so funny! The horses are beautiful. I'd love to watch them roll. 

3 miles on the treadmill this morning.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you are doing ok Columbine. That was me for several weeks earlier. We will be here for you.

Norchan-yes I forgot to say that I love your photos. It's looks very peaceful over there.

Last night hit the gym. I didn't have as much energy as usual. 4.25 miles.

I didn't do any weights. Maybe tonight.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you everyone. @JTbo  Yes, this whole area has been covered in volcanic ash several times. Every time Fuji erupts! The soil is very rich and almost black.

Yesterday I did 45 minutes yoga and then 30 minutes on my bike. It's snowing today, we've had almost 25 cm so far. My exercise was an hour of yoga and then an hour knocking all the snow off the cat fence and digging a path from the front door to the shed.

I'm so glad Twinkle came home before the snow started!

View media item 388634
View media item 388635

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Great pictures, Norachan! But I'm glad we do not have all that snow.

@Columbine, I hope you feel better soon. 

3 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. @JTbo
 Yes, this whole area has been covered in volcanic ash several times. Every time Fuji erupts! The soil is very rich and almost black.

Yesterday I did 45 minutes yoga and then 30 minutes on my bike. It's snowing today, we've had almost 25 cm so far. My exercise was an hour of yoga and then an hour knocking all the snow off the cat fence and digging a path from the front door to the shed.

I'm so glad Twinkle came home before the snow started!

View media item 388634

View media item 388635
Those snowfalls of yours are quite incredible, we don't get that much in such short time, about an hour ago snowing started here and there is no more than 1cm of it on ground now, so you have more snow than we have.

How you manage when hiking on trail and it starts to snow like that?

Living there, with all the quakes, eruptions, tsunamis etc. it all sounds bit too exciting for me, but then again pretty much only natural disaster that might affect this place would be rock from the sky or ice age.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
45 minutes walk and about 15 minutes shoveling snow today. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so that should shift some of the snow for me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That is a beautiful picture! I can't even begin to imagine the beauty that surrounds you, Norachan. 

I haven't been on the treadmill since Thursday and I doubt I'll get on it today. But I did get over 15,000 steps in, just by walking throughout stores and malls. That should count as something.

Plus, I'm taking care of my sister's cats this weekend, twice a day, She has a three-story house and, let me tell you, I got some serious exercise climbing up and down those steps. Go up the steps, bring all the food and water dishes down and wash them all. Fill with fresh water and canned food and take it all back upstairs. (She has two cats up on the third floor, too, so I get exercise.) Then go throughout the house, cleaning all the litterboxes. And finally, go through the house again and make sure that nobody has puked their canned food up anywhere; check for any peed spots (she has two that are starting to pee in various spots in the house), run the bag of used litter out to the trash can, do a last-minute clean-up in the kitchen before I leave. It usually takes about a good 90 minutes to get it all done; I also want to spend time with the kitties....especially Harley. He's still young enough to miss Mom and Dad when they go away and he really likes it when we go over; he loves the attention. He just got de-balled the other week and he was telling Rick all about it last night while I was washing kitty dishes. He's a sweetie. If Rick doesn't come with me, then Harley follows me all over the house, yakking at me the whole time. (We did tell my sister and BIL that we would take Mr. Harley since we no longer have a male kitty in the house; they are now back up to seven cats and we're down to five. Did not go over well as my BIL is really bonded with that not-so-little sweetie! We were only kidding anyway.....I think.)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunchtime Jam and just followed along a video similar to the one I posted earlier. Experimented with Jumping Jacks=so far so good. Only did 5. Gonna see how it feels in two days. I will keep trying to get back to my prior energy level. The more I gain the harder it is for me to stay at a consistant speed but I am not giving up.

The following songs were my grooving songs.  Most are from the 1990s dance music..I don't have anything current other than Lady Gaga that I got at a yardsale...

the following songs

Snap the Power

Mark Morrison Return of the Mack

Tech Tronic Pump up the Jam!

Rob Base Takes Two

Lady Gaga Poker Face

"        "        Paparazzo

"        "        Brown Eyes

Gloria Estefan  Rhythm is Going to get you

Loving the pictures. We had a spot of snow this week. It was frozen on our porch and had to get Jon to shovel it off as some of it changed to ice ):():():( and had to ask him to please don't let it look like a pig stye. GRR.

Mopping the floor and doing some dance moves Ha! Keep moving everyone! Total an hour of moving around. Working late tonight, if I can handle it otherwise I will hit the gym and do the elliptical machine.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The snowfalls are always forecast, so I just don't go out if there is a blizzard coming. It's funny, a lot of people ask me if I'm worried about living on a volcano but I never really think about the possibility of an eruption. If it happens it happens. No point worrying about something you can't effect.

My brother lives in Australia. (Poisonous spiders! Huge snakes! Sharks and Stingrays!) and my sister lives in New York (Drive by shootings! Trigger-happy cops!) I think they live in places that are much more dangerous than here. I guess in Finland there is always he chance of meeting a bear or a lynx, isn't there? But these aren't things you worry about until something actually happens.

I went for a long walk through the snow today. It was -4C by 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

So pretty picture :D

Oh I do agree with you on Australia, everything there seems to be poisonous or deadly, they have bats bigger than most birds which such blood, or so I have heard.

I have really not seen a Lynx though, I have seen tracks, but seeing one has proven to be rather difficult, bears are also quite low risk, dogs are actually far more dangerous,

One problem we have here is perhaps that getting frozen is pretty much biggest threat here is, so pretty much every other place I look seems to be more dangerous.

Influenza is of course on list too, here is some kind of wave going on from that, I'm feeling effects too, but hopefully it does not hit me fully, little fever though so not much of exercising.

I did climb on ladder though while it was raining wet snow, lot of water from roof poured on me while I did some ventilation adjustments on wall, tested my new soft shell jacket doing that and it is quite amazing how it kept all the water and cold wind away from me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday did light exercises at work in the evening=stretching and walking in place..probably 15 to 20 min at a time a few times.

Today. walked and read for 15 minutes.

then did 25 minutes of the following-but the jumping was too much-I am not breathing well in activity due to heavy weight gain but I kept moving whether arms or legs. stretched.

also did 3 sets of modified pushups in response to that facebook challenge for the vets-22 push ups for the 22 suicides a day=I still can't do traditional ones=I just stand at an angle off my counter with feet back 4-5 feet? and do them that way. still makes me sweat.

anyone else having trouble breathing when you bend over to tie your shoes or stretch? Like my tummy is too big and blocking my lungs from expanding. It's very annoying. Committed to the gym after work every day this month. Just wondered if I was the only one who hates bending over to tie shoes.

I also looked into that chest weight thingy from the prior workout-it won't work for me. I have a mens wide chest-those are supposed to be one size fits all, ummm it may fit around one of my thighs. but nope I don't think it will fit. I looked at the measurements online at their website and the only option is the mens one but it's very bulky and huge. um...guess have to figure something else out.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday did light exercises at work in the evening=stretching and walking in place..probably 15 to 20 min at a time a few times.

Today. walked and read for 15 minutes.

then did 25 minutes of the following-but the jumping was too much-I am not breathing well in activity due to heavy weight gain but I kept moving whether arms or legs. stretched.

also did 3 sets of modified pushups in response to that facebook challenge for the vets-22 push ups for the 22 suicides a day=I still can't do traditional ones=I just stand at an angle off my counter with feet back 4-5 feet? and do them that way. still makes me sweat.

anyone else having trouble breathing when you bend over to tie your shoes or stretch? Like my tummy is too big and blocking my lungs from expanding. It's very annoying. Committed to the gym after work every day this month. Just wondered if I was the only one who hates bending over to tie shoes.

I also looked into that chest weight thingy from the prior workout-it won't work for me. I have a mens wide chest-those are supposed to be one size fits all, ummm it may fit around one of my thighs. but nope I don't think it will fit. I looked at the measurements online at their website and the only option is the mens one but it's very bulky and huge. um...guess have to figure something else out.
That has happened to me, when:
Too much clothing
Above normal weight range
Very strict diet
Asthma being bad

Addition to that my vision tends to go black when doing such moves and I loose balance, some say low blood pressure, but where ever that low blood pressure is, certainly is not in my arms where they like to measure blood pressure.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a busy weekend so I only managed 45 minutes of yoga on Saturday then a 45 minute walk on Sunday.

Yesterday I spent 6 hours doing work around the house. Emptied and scrubbed all the litter boxes. Vacuumed and mopped all the floors. Washed all the windows and covered them with insulating plastic and blocked any draughts with insulating tape.

Then outside. Packed away all the deck furniture and ceramics. Wrapped up the plants in their own little newspaper-and-bubble-wrap greenhouses. Swept the deck. Emptied everything out of the small shed and decided most of it could go to the tip. Cleaned out the shed and put back the few essentials. I now have an almost empty shed!!

I'm ready for winter now. Come on weather, do your worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.