The 2018 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't want to jinx myself, but my back is so close to feeling normal again, that I want to jump up and down, and run around the block! :lol: I even, carefully, raked some leaves yesterday and cut down some perennials, and I still feel ok today.

Still have tons of painting to do, but I think if I take it slow, I'll be ok. Gotta say, it feels so good to be able to move without feeling twinges, spasms and pain.

Norachan Norachan : good idea using those jigsaw puzzle mats. Might have to get one for Miss Ruby.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks Winchester Winchester ! I may even start wearing my Fitbit again. I haven't worn it for weeks, as it was depressing seeing how few steps it was recording a day. Partly because I wasn't walking very much. And partly because it doesn't even record baby steps as steps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I went for a really long walk on Thursday. 2 hours through the woods, everything is looking so pretty here. A bit of gardening after that.

Friday I did 30 minutes yoga in the morning then went horse riding. I rode the pony stallion, Ebisu Maru. He's such a good boy. Stallions can be a handful at times, but apart from a bit of snorting and foot stomping he was really well behaved. He's such a lovely horse to ride as well.

Today I did about 2 hours gardening. Got all my tulip bulbs and pansies planted and packed away a lot of the ceramic pots that I can't leave out over the winter. About 30 minutes yoga after that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went for a really long walk on Thursday. 2 hours through the woods, everything is looking so pretty here.
I'm sure you know your woods, but if I was walking in the woods for 2 hours, they'd probably have to call for the Search and Rescue to come find me. ;)

Sounds lovely though. Especially the horseback riding. I've only ever "ridden" horses a few times, and that was only at guided trail tours, so not really riding them. More like one horse following another. One time, though, I remember getting of my horse before the guide came to assist, and I was so surprised when the horse started walking, on his own, towards the stables.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sure you know your woods, but if I was walking in the woods for 2 hours, they'd probably have to call for the Search and Rescue to come find me.
I've had my moments of wandering around wondering if I'll ever get home again. Luckily I have this huge volcano to use as a landmark, otherwise I might be in there for days.

:lol:

Yep, horses are pretty smart. They know where they live and when they get fed. They remember people too, even though I only ride a few times a month they seem to know who I am.

Here's a bit of film of our ride. The quality is not so good, the camera was having trouble with the bright sunlight coming through the trees in places.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks. I love your horse videos. :)
Thank you! I'm hoping to go riding again before the end of the month. It's perfect weather for horse riding now, so I really want to make the most of it.

I've been doing lots of outdoor stuff around the house and enclosure this week, so I've only had time for shorter 30 - 45 minute yoga sessions. I've had a couple of walks too. It's so pretty here these days, red leaves and snow at the same time.

:bliss:

Walks182.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's everyone been doing this week?

I managed to fit in two 30 to 46 minute yoga sessions on Saturday and Sunday.

Monday was a long walk and an hour of yoga. Tuesday just an hour of yoga. Wednesday a bit of yard work and two 30 minute yoga sessions.

I had more free time today, so I've done 1 hour of Vinyassa flow, a one hour walk and then 45 minutes of gentle yoga. Feeling pretty tired now, but it's almost the weekend.

:cloud9:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , I love your picture and the video.

I've been walking, just been remiss about recording it here.

So....
Last week, I ended up with 129,037 steps for a total of 67.19 miles. 154 floors and 837 active minutes for the week. Not too shabby and I'll take it. My best day was last Thursday, when I walked 25,310 steps. I managed to walk at lunch 4 of the 5 work days; it was simply beautiful outside last week.

This week....
Monday -
20,074 steps for the day = 10.45 miles
21 floors
108 active minutes

Tuesday -
18,257 steps for the day = 9.51 miles
25 floors
110 active minutes

Wednesday -
22,161 steps for the day = 11.54 miles
27 floors
151 active minutes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was going to edit my above post, but am over the time limit.

My Charge 3 Fitbit came in this morning! It's really nice. When I get it home, I'll put it together and charge it overnight, then try it out Saturday morning. On the treadmill.

Rick said he'll try my Blaze. He knows he needs to do something. I think that Bob, my co-worker might try my Fitbit Flex. He knows he needs to do something, too. We can start a Fitbit club!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't want to jinx myself, but my back appears to be better. :crossfingers: I haven't been walking, though. But keeping busy. Still painting. And taking painting breaks to rake leaves and clean up the gardens. I also mowed the lawn for probably the last time this year.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I love your picture and the video.
Thank you! It is really pretty here right now. Perfect weather for walking and horse riding. A fitbit club sounds like a good idea. I love a bit of competition to keep me motivated.

I don't want to jinx myself, but my back appears to be better.
That's good, I hope you stay pain free. Raking leaves and painting are great exercise.

I had a good day yesterday. 90 minutes yoga, 60 minutes walk and lots of energetic house cleaning.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I haven't done much of anything. I'm still waiting for those inserts to be made. They have canceled 3 times so far. I am frustrated with this company.
I did go on the elliptical machine Monday for an hour. Then just keep making excuses. I hope I get back into the groove soon because my emotional state has been off and I know I need to do something about it. Going to try tomorrow to do some kind activity but I'm limited in what I can do and I'm ashamed to admit it has bothered me more than ever lately....

I love all the progress everyone has made. Keep up the good work!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat What are they waiting on? Can you go somewhere else for the inserts? That seems unfair to you.

Friday -
19,077 steps = 9.92 miles
25 floors
110 active minutes

I did a mile on the treadmill this morning, with the Charge 3. It's "only" 200 steps below what it should be; that's better than the Blaze did, but will still add up over time. I'm going to give it a while and see what happens. I am having some issues with the heart rate; it's way over what it should be. Again, it's only been one day, not going to panic just yet. (But when I saw 127 beats per minute on the Charge 3 while on the treadmill, that was enough to give me a heart attack! I'm used to seeing about 90-100 beats, so that's a significant change.)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't done much of anything. I'm still waiting for those inserts to be made. They have canceled 3 times so far. I am frustrated with this company.
That is frustrating. What's their problem, are they just flooded with work? Hope you can find somewhere else to make them for you.

Friday -
19,077 steps = 9.92 miles
Oh, good job! That's a long walk.

I had to work all day yesterday, but managed a 45 minute walk in my lunch break and 30 minutes yoga after work.

Only working a half day today, should be able to do a bit more.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
That is frustrating. What's their problem, are they just flooded with work? Hope you can find somewhere else to make them for you.

Oh, good job! That's a long walk.

I had to work all day yesterday, but managed a 45 minute walk in my lunch break and 30 minutes yoga after work.

Only working a half day today, should be able to do a bit more.
Winchester Winchester Norachan Norachan They didn't give me a reason. It took 3 weeks to get in there on October 5th? And here we are November 11 and no dice.

I have to call the doctor's office to see if I can get a new prescription and find a new place to go then I have to call the insurance company and report fraud on their account. Because they won't approve two different times for the same thing. I asked these people why do they promise 9 days then 14 days then 21 days? I will try to get a supervisor number or office management to find out what the reason is. I know the insurance company already paid them. So now to do detective work to see if they scammed anyone else for the insurance money. I highly doubt this because they have been in business for 15 years. I'm betting the insole imprint got "lost" or just discriminating against me because I'm not old. Yes it does happen!

I will try to take a short walk today because I need to keep my circulation going but it hurts my foot to walk. It really sucks...oh well at least it's not raining today...we have had more rain than usual but that means in the spring my garden should be doing ok right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.