The 2018 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Ok didn't want to jinx myself either...hit the gym yesterday for 40 min on stationary bike, tonight was a super long workout. 55 mins on bike 12 miles then some arm exercises on that weight bench rack thingy. Ive lost half of my strength but still pushing 35lbs. The rowing I'm still at 55lbs and 70lbs. Seems the overhead and bench press I lost a bit of progress. I only did 2 sets of 15 cause I know my body will be screaming by Thursday. I did some thigh/butt machines..not bad in weight then faced the pullup machine. I had to use 3/4 of my weight assisted so that means I pulled up 50lbs. Not bad. For some reason my shoulders/chest seem to hurt the most when I first start back up...so got to deal with 2 weeks of discomfort and hopefully I buikd back my strength. It was 6pm when I left...long enough! Oh and used their massage table they have..that hydromassage. That's worth the extra money each month....I need one of these here at home!

How did you all do today?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opps forgot to add I called the doctor and complained about this outfit. I will call tomorrow the prosthetic company to see if I can get this order transferred somewhere else. This is really annoying. If my foot wasn't hurting I could really do some damage in the gym but right now focus on my upper body and stop laying around eating homemade cookies...but man those cookies were the best.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wednesday -
24,055 steps for the day =12.54 miles
30 floors
168 active minutes

This morning (Thursday), I didn't walk at home very long because Rick brought me into work and we have to leave the house by 6:00, so there's no time. I got to work about 6:10, waited til 6:30, put my sneakers on and took off. 3-3/4 miles later I got back to my office. Between what little I did get at home, walking this morning, and going back to the work cafe a couple times, lo and behold, I got my 10,000 steps in this morning before work. (I have my Fitbit set for a 10,000 step goal during the week days, but still try to get as many steps as I can regardless.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow foxxycat foxxycat You're really strong! I've never used weights, unless you count holding myself up in an arm balance.

:lol:

Hope you get some results from the prosthetic company soon.

Not that cold here, nice and bright and sunny and still above zero until the sun goes down.

I've been pretty busy at work, so I've been splitting my yoga up into two 45 minute sessions a day between classes. Went for a longish bike ride yesterday, loaded up with bags full of cat food on the journey back.

:sweat:

Going to do a few fence repairs this afternoon and maybe go for a long walk if I have time.

Keep going everyone!

:hyper:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Friday - I only got in 11,000 steps because I couldn't walk in the morning because Rick took me to work and really couldn't walk over lunch either because nobody in the neighborhood had cleaned sidewalks their sidewalks yet. I thought about a lunch walk, but even with YakTrax, my sneakers would have been soaked in no time. And I didn't think to take my snow sneakers with me.

Those 11,000 steps were enough to get me over 100,000 steps for the week, though, so that was good.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's the weather now Winchester Winchester , do you still have snow?

I had a busy weekend, but managed to fit in a yoga session on Saturday and Sunday.

Yesterday I did an hour of yoga in the morning and then went horse riding in the afternoon.

:hyper:

I didn't get any film of the ride this time, but it was a nice relaxed ride through the woods. I rode Ebisu Maru again. He's such a good horse, who would have though a stallion would be so gentle and well behaved?

90 minute walk and 45 minutes of yoga today.

foxxycat foxxycat how's your foot? Did you hear back from that company yet?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , the snow has been steadily melting and we have green lawn between patches of white. I'll take it. But it's going to get really cold for a couple of days, down into the low 20s and nights into the teens. I don't work after tomorrow, though, so it can do what it wants.

Our weekend was a little on the hectic side, and I didn't get much of anything in the way of exercise, walking, or anything else.

I'm not walking at lunch this week because I'm busy running errands to get this, get that, do this, do that, for Thanksgiving and some Christmas stuff. But still walking my 4 miles in the mornings and my hourly walks at work.

Last week, according to my Fitbit (it wasn't as good as the week before) -
105,088 steps for the week = 54.84 miles
108 floors
649 active minutes

Monday -
18,188 steps for the day = 9.47 miles
24 floors
98 active minutes

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How did everyone do last week?

I've been trying not to over extend while doing yoga recently. One of my knees has been bothering me. I think that, because I'm pretty flexible, I stretch a bit too much and end up locking the knee. This isn't good for it so I'm trying to just go into the poses about 75%, rather than to 100% of my stretch.

I've started taking Glucosamine too, does anyone else take that?

I did a lot of walking this week, especially on Friday. I went to a gallery in Tokyo and walked around for about three hours. That, plus all the walking about between stations left me a lot more worn out than my usual daily walks.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with your knee Norachan Norachan . I hope it starts to feel better. I take Osteo-BiFlex for my joints; I think it helps.

Last week was not good. I did fine from Sunday to Wednesday. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were bad days. More time with my butt standing in front of the refrigerator than actually walking around :paperbag::paperbag:

Trying to get back on track today. On Sunday, I had 13,000 steps and today, I've gotten my 4 miles in before work and am working diligently on my 300+ hourly steps.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My back is back to normal. But now I've got a bit of an achey knee. :sigh:

I haven't been walking outside at all. But I have been Christmas shopping so walking around the mall. ;) And today I raked up 3 bags of leaves, and as of now I have 11,307 steps for the day.

I'm still painting. One more room to go.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck rubysmama rubysmama Hope your back stays OK and your knee starts to feel better.

Must be the time for knees to start acting up. Last night, I came home from work and, just the way I got out of the car, I must have twisted my knee. I didn't think I was even going to make it up the stairs, it hurt that badly. I got to the couch, sat down and started massaging and twisting the knee a bit and finally got it worked out. But boy, it really hurt for a while.

My Charge 3 Fitbit stopped syncing sometime Monday night. Around 10:00, I was on the computer and it said I only had a little over 15,000 steps and I knew I was over 20,000. But I figured it simply hadn't caught up yet and let it go. Then on Tuesday morning around 10:00, I looked on my phone app and it said I had zero steps. Well, that wasn't right; I was close to 12,500 by then! I kept walking, though, and when I got home, I uninstalled the app from my phone, unpaired the Charge 3 from my phone and then downloaded the app and re-paired the C3 to my phone. Such a hassle. But it worked and I got my date saved to the phone and computer.

Monday -
20,026 steps for the day = 10.44 miles
30 floors
135 active minutes

Tuesday -
20,061 steps for the day = 10.46 miles
33 floors
128 active minutes

I'm not sure how Fitbit calculates active minutes. I had fewer active minutes on Tuesday, even though I had more steps and more floors than I had on Monday. There are exercise days, too. I have my Charge 3 set for 5 exercise days (Monday thru Friday), but sometimes I might only get 4, even though I do the same thing pretty much every day. Go figure. It can be frustrating sometimes. I do my best.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope it's not going to be achy knee season. I've got a whole enclosure to finish raking before the snow starts.

:fallsmiley:

My knee is feeling much better. I think being very careful with it when I'm doing yoga is helping.

Tuesday I didn't do much at all, just 30 minutes yoga and about 30 minutes on my bike. Wednesday was 90 minutes yoga, I focused on inversions and back-bends, as they don't put much pressure on my knees.

Hoping to fit an hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk between classes today.

:runningcat:

foxxycat foxxycat how's you foot?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it's not going to be achy knee season. I've got a whole enclosure to finish raking before the snow starts.

:fallsmiley:

My knee is feeling much better. I think being very careful with it when I'm doing yoga is helping.

Tuesday I didn't do much at all, just 30 minutes yoga and about 30 minutes on my bike. Wednesday was 90 minutes yoga, I focused on inversions and back-bends, as they don't put much pressure on my knees.

Hoping to fit an hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk between classes today.

:runningcat:

foxxycat foxxycat how's you foot?
Norachan Norachan sorry I must have missed the notification! It's feeling better but only if I grind my foot on a tennis ball for like 2 hours every night. I think the tendon is getting too tight from me not using my foot enough.

I'm going to the doc on 5th. Hopefully they are in by now. Hopefully I can resume some walking.

Someone mentioned knee pain. I get pain if I lay around too long. I have to walk around or pedal for 30 min a day to keep that bone ache away. I havent kept up with any workout stuff. I seem to make it to the gym on mond or tues then blow off the rest of the week. The past few weeks I just didnt want to do it. And with Pumps sick I was spending as much time at home as possible. Last night was my first night of 5 hours sleep at once. I was only sleepung for 15 min at a time then anxiety attacks the rest of the time. :rolleyes3: But now that it's all over with hopefully my soul can finally be at peace soon. :please:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Doing something energetic is a great way to deal with grief. Something that gets your heart rate up, rhythmic like running or cycling gives you an outlet for all those pent up emotions and a rush of endorphins that help to lift your mood.

I ran around 40 km in the week after I lost George.

:rbheart:

I've been doing pretty well this week. A couple of long walks and some good yoga sessions. I think holding back a bit on trying to go easy on my knee helped a lot. It's feeling better now and I think my stretch has actually improved.

Had a bit of a dramatic morning though. While I was cleaning I managed to drop a couch on my foot.

Blood everywhere. I'm too squeamish to take a proper look at it so I've just taped it up with gauze and bandages and now I'm trying to pretend it didn't happen.

:cringe:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I plan on a marathon ride once I gain my energy back. I got about 6 hours last night.

You did the right thing with your foot but today undo the tape and clean it out well. Ask someone to help you. You don't want to seal it up and trap bacteria. There's a few natural things you can try for bacteria control. I saw something about cabbage leaves somewhere. Something in them helps pull out junk and relieving pain. Since cabbage is 96% water it won't hurt you. Don't use peroxide if it's deep. You can use regular soap if you can tolerate it .it's gonna sting so be prepared. :alright: Ice on it after to help pain. Make sure its not red and puffy. Change the dressing 2 times a day. Xoxoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.