Tera + 2 - 4

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope anyone offended by my attitude remembers that in the beginning we tried to meet with her and talk things out instead she met us with a lawyer blocking the way.
If it helps, I am fairly new to this site looked up some of your old threads. Every heartbreaking comment and post I read I was firmly by your side, there was no offense taken. I have read many bitter comments towards vets before where people are looking to blame someone for not catching or diagnosing what was wrong. This was so obviously different. So sorry that all that happened, I just wanted to chime in and let you know from someone what is only newly reading your story that it's pretty clear you were reasonable in a difficult time.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
If it helps, I am fairly new to this site looked up some of your old threads. Every heartbreaking comment and post I read I was firmly by your side, there was no offense taken. I have read many bitter comments towards vets before where people are looking to blame someone for not catching or diagnosing what was wrong. This was so obviously different. So sorry that all that happened, I just wanted to chime in and let you know from someone what is only newly reading your story that it's pretty clear you were reasonable in a difficult time.
Thank You. Looking back with some very long perspective I believe we expected her to be appalled at what happened and in a way grieve with us. I expected her as I would have in a heart beat to cut a check to cover the vet costs and while actual forgiveness would take a while there would be hope. Instead she turned into a hardened unapproachable beast and then tried to turn it on us. Our new vet , her eyes filled up with tears as she took the time to sit in the exam room and listen. That's what I expected from the vet who overdosed Kitten.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You. Looking back with some very long perspective I believe we expected her to be appalled at what happened and in a way grieve with us. I expected her as I would have in a heart beat to cut a check to cover the vet costs and while actual forgiveness would take a while there would be hope. Instead she turned into a hardened unapproachable beast and then tried to turn it on us. Our new vet , her eyes filled up with tears as she took the time to sit in the exam room and listen. That's what I expected from the vet who overdosed Kitten.
The disease of greed is pervasive in these times, and I am sorry to say that it has pervaded the healers as well. In our city, most of the vet clinics I have visited are all about the bottom line, though I have never had the criminally cruel experience you have. The "vet" who did that to your beloved family member should have been stripped of her license and forbidden to practice veterinary medicine. It may not have turned out that way, but Justice has a way of finding those who are heartless and none can escape it.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
The disease of greed is pervasive in these times, and I am sorry to say that it has pervaded the healers as well. In our city, most of the vet clinics I have visited are all about the bottom line, though I have never had the criminally cruel experience you have. The "vet" who did that to your beloved family member should have been stripped of her license and forbidden to practice veterinary medicine. It may not have turned out that way, but Justice has a way of finding those who are heartless and none can escape it.
If the system worked they would have pulled all the files she was legally required to keep, about three years and did a through investigation of how she was practicing animal medicine. Remember in her testimony to the SVB she admitted she'd been dosing cats with the same amount since 1999. I have private emails and PMs from other victims. Most are too old or the owners have lost the proof or are unwilling to reopen that can of worms. This includes some contacts with former colleagues. But most SVBs only deal with the case before them as a singular incident. Even worse the offering of settlements like offered this DVM fail to accurately describe what happened. Any offer should include wording of the incident their finding and the reason for offering an easy way out. Quite frankly the people who were as disgusted as we were had few ways to bypass the laws that protect incompetent DVMs from real prosecution and financial punishment . I could have attacked every member of that SVB but the truth is they were acting within the constraints they were required to follow. I know what they thought of her. It wasn't pretty. For every pet owner that has said it couldn't happen to me I want to scream do you think we didn't check her out ! Only AFTER I posted my reviews did I see others posting and have people contact me. I had my phone number up for months. Laws aren't going to change anytime soon but FB and social media lets us really put the truth out there. And we were always fairly reserved considering the circumstances. Now several years later I have to wonder if it would have been better for me long term to simply punch her in the chops. Since I'm not violent I probably wouldn't.
And I need to continue to warn people about floroquinolones. They are powerful and dangerous antibiotics that can heal but can have horrible side effects and must be used with great care. Not passed out like miracle candy.
FDA updates warnings for fluoroquinolone antibiotics

FDA finally admits the dangers of fluoroquinolone antibiotics -- Sott.net

Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics Found to Cause Severe Liver Damage - Heal Naturally

Veterinarians , at least real ones understand that these can be extremely dangerous to cats who simply don't process many drugs the same way humans and dogs do. She gave my Kitten a death sentence the day she injected her with a still unknown amount of enrofloxacin which should never be injected into cats in the first place. There is little in veterinary papers and I was only able to locate 2 liver failures searching all the FDA adverse event reports linked directly to these drugs. It's when I said this is not getting me anywhere I started researching the effect these drugs had on humans. I believe all human forms have Black Box warnings.

If she had used this antibiotic in a corrected dose I doubt we would be here today and glad someone is dead and gone and can hurt no more animals. She owns it all and it has followed her into the grave.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I know that I will never, ever accept things without questioning again. Even with my vet, who is wonderful. And he, thankfully, welcomes my questioning. AND, thanks to you, kittens mom kittens mom , Hekitty now ONLY gets non-adjuvenated vaccines!
That means the world to me. The only thing I'm left with is to pass on my experience and hope it touches someone in a way they examine how they allow veterinarians to treat their pets.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the system worked they would have pulled all the files she was legally required to keep, about three years and did a through investigation of how she was practicing animal medicine. Remember in her testimony to the SVB she admitted she'd been dosing cats with the same amount since 1999. I have private emails and PMs from other victims. Most are too old or the owners have lost the proof or are unwilling to reopen that can of worms. This includes some contacts with former colleagues. But most SVBs only deal with the case before them as a singular incident. Even worse the offering of settlements like offered this DVM fail to accurately describe what happened. Any offer should include wording of the incident their finding and the reason for offering an easy way out. Quite frankly the people who were as disgusted as we were had few ways to bypass the laws that protect incompetent DVMs from real prosecution and financial punishment . I could have attacked every member of that SVB but the truth is they were acting within the constraints they were required to follow. I know what they thought of her. It wasn't pretty. For every pet owner that has said it couldn't happen to me I want to scream do you think we didn't check her out ! Only AFTER I posted my reviews did I see others posting and have people contact me. I had my phone number up for months. Laws aren't going to change anytime soon but FB and social media lets us really put the truth out there. And we were always fairly reserved considering the circumstances. Now several years later I have to wonder if it would have been better for me long term to simply punch her in the chops. Since I'm not violent I probably wouldn't.
And I need to continue to warn people about floroquinolones. They are powerful and dangerous antibiotics that can heal but can have horrible side effects and must be used with great care. Not passed out like miracle candy.
FDA updates warnings for fluoroquinolone antibiotics

FDA finally admits the dangers of fluoroquinolone antibiotics -- Sott.net

Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics Found to Cause Severe Liver Damage - Heal Naturally

Veterinarians , at least real ones understand that these can be extremely dangerous to cats who simply don't process many drugs the same way humans and dogs do. She gave my Kitten a death sentence the day she injected her with a still unknown amount of enrofloxacin which should never be injected into cats in the first place. There is little in veterinary papers and I was only able to locate 2 liver failures searching all the FDA adverse event reports linked directly to these drugs. It's when I said this is not getting me anywhere I started researching the effect these drugs had on humans. I believe all human forms have Black Box warnings.

If she had used this antibiotic in a corrected dose I doubt we would be here today and glad someone is dead and gone and can hurt no more animals. She owns it all and it has followed her into the grave.
The medical system, like the justice system, is in the toilet in this and many other societies, because care for the living being is not first priority -- money and power are. I have had several experiences with GPs that reinforced my conviction that my family, on both sides, were/are correct in avoiding allopathic "medicine" and its practitioners like the harmful plague they most often are. For instance, after telling my GP to flag my file due to my extreme reaction to a very common analgesic widely prescribed and any preparation containing it, he writes me out a scrip and I filled it and took one. Of course, it contained the drug I am extremely allergic to and it could have killed me. When I told him about it, he said, 'That drug does not contain (the drug I am allergic to)'! I told him to consult his pharmacopeia. Mine clearly showed that it DOES, hence the reaction. And many honest people in the field will tell you, 'Everything has side effects' -- which all of the endless ads for Rx drugs pimped on TV ad nauseum have to state, by law. Like my folks would say, "You pays your money and you takes your chances" -- it's Russian roulette, and most people in western society are brainwashed to believe it's what you do. Fortunately, I come from people who know better.
Kitten deserved far, far better, and so do we all. Strangers we spend 15 minutes if we're lucky with may not know us or care about us, but each of us is precious and beloved of someone.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
A bit of an end note here. It appears that in the end my bad DVM lost her license due the fact that she failed to fulfill the settlement agreement offered and signed by her by the NMBVM. They cite illness and her selling the clinic in the minutes however I have photos of her stuff sitting on the curb and a note saying the locks had been rekeyed. As to illness that is up to debate exactly what her illness was. I will simply say my biggest regret is not asking the judge to have the bailiff stop the trial and submit everyone to a breathalyzer. I don't know if you can do this but there was something that tugged at my mind and sadly I was simply too polite , then, to voice it.
I find that her death leaves only more wounds. There was never any satisfactory conclusion between us. Never a sorry or a hint of remorse. As more dirt rolls out as the grave is dug what happened to Kitten and us becomes more senseless by the day. It is on her that she didn't complete 4 lousy hours and as explained to me by the NMBVM she wouldn't even have to attend anything but online and even then it's not really 4 hours. So between the time that settlement was agreed upon she was most likely too arrogant and stubborn to take care of her business and in the end unable to renew her license, practice as a DVM , was evicted from the clinic and died a squatter in her own bank owned foreclosed home and was on the cusp of being set on the curb. It also appears she left the hellofamess for her daughter, who is also complicit in this to clean up. I hope to get back to posting all the lovely pics of my beautiful cats soon. But this is the empty hollow victory most victims get. There is no real justice just learning that something is better than nothing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit of an end note here. It appears that in the end my bad DVM lost her license due the fact that she failed to fulfill the settlement agreement offered and signed by her by the NMBVM. They cite illness and her selling the clinic in the minutes however I have photos of her stuff sitting on the curb and a note saying the locks had been rekeyed. As to illness that is up to debate exactly what her illness was. I will simply say my biggest regret is not asking the judge to have the bailiff stop the trial and submit everyone to a breathalyzer. I don't know if you can do this but there was something that tugged at my mind and sadly I was simply too polite , then, to voice it.
I find that her death leaves only more wounds. There was never any satisfactory conclusion between us. Never a sorry or a hint of remorse. As more dirt rolls out as the grave is dug what happened to Kitten and us becomes more senseless by the day. It is on her that she didn't complete 4 lousy hours and as explained to me by the NMBVM she wouldn't even have to attend anything but online and even then it's not really 4 hours. So between the time that settlement was agreed upon she was most likely too arrogant and stubborn to take care of her business and in the end unable to renew her license, practice as a DVM , was evicted from the clinic and died a squatter in her own bank owned foreclosed home and was on the cusp of being set on the curb. It also appears she left the hellofamess for her daughter, who is also complicit in this to clean up. I hope to get back to posting all the lovely pics of my beautiful cats soon. But this is the empty hollow victory most victims get. There is no real justice just learning that something is better than nothing.
*I empathize so much, kittens mom kittens mom and I truly do believe that "karma" is real and "crime doesn't pay". Not everyone gets justice in this life, or directly, or in the way they need, but Justice is inescapable and those Commandments aren't dead. They aren't old news or things for children to be taught and then discard. They are eternal laws and those who harm the most innocent and blameless will definitely face Justice. I honestly don't know what is wrong with so many people, why they seem to have no feelings, no compassion, no consciences and no kindness. But this is not natural and it is not how we were meant to be. Of course, all of this does not bring back your precious loved one. But I believe and I hope you share this belief, that you and your Kitten WILL be together again in due time, and that she watches over you now and always until then.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HUGS, Darlin. And all it would have taken is just one heartfelt "I am SO sorry" for you to at least catch a deep breath. If there is justice in this universe, there will be payment beyond what she herself brought on by non-compliance. And I agree with tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . You and Kitten will be together again. Someday, if life is very kind, indeed, you and I will sit down with a cup of coffee, and I will tell you why I am so certain of this.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Screenshot (325).png

And so we have ended our relationship with Kitnipbox. Hitting an animal is never acceptable. We are going to work our way through all the various boxes offered by rescues instead.
perfect frog.JPG

I love this picture of Frog
mercy 55.JPG

And our Little Mercy. She has a face in a million.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 244929

And so we have ended our relationship with Kitnipbox. Hitting an animal is never acceptable. We are going to work our way through all the various boxes offered by rescues instead.
View attachment 244930
I love this picture of Frog
View attachment 244931
And our Little Mercy. She has a face in a million.
Unbelievable that a company that exists because of cat lovers and their beloved cats would condone this!!! I won one box from them but never subscribed. I'm so glad I didn't!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Unbelievable that a company that exists because of cat lovers and their beloved cats would condone this!!! I won one box from them but never subscribed. I'm so glad I didn't!
I just felt other cat lovers here should be aware of the hypocrisy. There was to my knowledge no retraction or apology. It's not being thin skinned it's expecting that someone who soaks your for 30 bucks a month to at least put on the public performance of being actual cat lovers. There's like a billion or more cat cartoons and video's out there along with the pictures sent by subscribers to choose from but they choose one where a cat per the second frame had to have been struck by a broom. I walk away.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just felt other cat lovers here should be aware of the hypocrisy. There was to my knowledge no retraction or apology. It's not being thin skinned it's expecting that someone who soaks your for 30 bucks a month to at least put on the public performance of being actual cat lovers. There's like a billion or more cat cartoons and video's out there along with the pictures sent by subscribers to choose from but they choose one where a cat per the second frame had to have been struck by a broom. I walk away.
I thank you for publicizing this and I absolutely would, too, if I'd ever subscribed. Maybe if enough people share this and cancel their subscriptions, they'll be shamed. Or out a fair amount of money, anyway. Either one works for me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just felt other cat lovers here should be aware of the hypocrisy.
Absolutely. I wish you would post that in the "What's On Your Mind" thread. There are too many other box clubs out there. I think the "freekibble.com" people may have one, but not sure!

OH MY BABIES! Froggie is just precious, and Mercy (as always) just takes my breath away. My LORD, she is a stunning cat!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely. I wish you would post that in the "What's On Your Mind" thread. There are too many other box clubs out there. I think the "freekibble.com" people may have one, but not sure!

OH MY BABIES! Froggie is just precious, and Mercy (as always) just takes my breath away. My LORD, she is a stunning cat!
Right you are, @Mamany1953: RescueBox™ for Cats And there are others that have this service as well.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Well as I said I'll just work through the boxes offered by rescues. I couldn't find the post today so maybe they took it down. However that's just as bad as putting it up in the first place.