TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When should I next weigh them? I weighed them when born all between 94-111g x

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sooner you weigh them the sooner you have a base weight for comparison purposes. I'd go on and do it, particularly since they are fighting over nipples. it is my understanding, and i could be wrong, that
once the nipple deciding is done that particular nipple belongs to that
particular kitten at least in the kitten's mind.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and she did a wonderful job, they are adorable and so is she.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Can I get some advise please? Mums doing really well, kittens are gaining weight. But... she’s not cleaning their bottoms :/ every time I go in they are covered in yellow’ish poop. So is mum! Couple of them have had hard nugget type poops stuck to their bums which I’ve washed off. Any advise please? :(

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do they pass like a ‘plug’ of hard poop first then the soft yellow milk stools come after? Just trying to understand what’s going on! Thanks In advance! X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Their poop should mostly be toothpaste consistency and yellowish. Can you post a picture of the poop? Are they gaining weight? Do continue helping her clean them. Not all mom cats are good at this job!

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Crisis averted, I’ve been in this morning and they are clean of poop! Lol! What should I be watching for with mum? I’ve noticed a couple blood’ish spots on the floor? X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s just healing. The blood from her uterus should dry up and disappear in a few days. As long as she’s eating well and pooping she should be fine.

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks :) she decided to leave them for a while today and go outside! Couldn’t believe it! Lol I ran up to check them and they were all in a little fluffy bundle! X

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks :) she decided to leave them for a while today and go outside! Couldn’t believe it! Lol I ran up to check them and they were all in a little fluffy bundle! X
It's really important that mom stays 100% inside until she is spayed. She can get pregnant again at almost any time now, even within a week of delivery.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not only could she get pregnant again she could get injured or killed and you'd be hand raising the kittens - feeding every two hours. Are you up to that?

Unless you have a ten foot fence with a slant on the top, your backyard isn't safe from predators. Even then you need to remember birds of prey will attack cats they can't carry off and injure them. Unbelievable vet bills.

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Woah I’m aware of this, I have a cat proof garden, she can’t get out and others can’t get in :shocked: I leave the back door open in this heat and she just wanted to go out onto and cool down I think.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can buy bags of ice and leave the ice in the bag. Put the bag in front of or behind a floor fan. It'll help all of you. Amazon has some
one room free standing air conditioners for about $100. It's worth a look, or something to think about for next summer.