Taken A Cat In - Pregnant Please Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I think that’s where some of my anxiety is coming from! :sigh::gaah: That’s helped thanks again! Xx

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, here's the answer to the question you will think of at 4 am. If she's had a few kittens and then seems to be in trouble, take them all to the vet together. She'll be calmer if they are with her. You probably will too. And the vet can check them out while you're there.

One thing is to try to keep the kittens in dim light until their eyes open. I have no cat direct sources on that, but most animals keep their young in the dark or dim until the eyes are open.

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, here's the answer to the question you will think of at 4 am. If she's had a few kittens and then seems to be in trouble, take them all to the vet together. She'll be calmer if they are with her. You probably will too. And the vet can check them out while you're there.

One thing is to try to keep the kittens in dim light until their eyes open. I have no cat direct sources on that, but most animals keep their young in the dark or dim until the eyes are open.
Thank you :) I have plans set up if it comes to it now! Hopefully all goes well. I have a welping kit being delivered tomorrow also :thumbsup:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you've got things under control. Best of everything to you and your soon to be crew. this is the best time because you can feed mom kitten food and KMR as much as she wants from now until they are weaned. It will help the kittens learn to like wet food when the time comes.

It's good to be excited about it. It's even okay to sleep on the floor in Mom cat's room while you're both waiting for the kits. Really.

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you've got things under control. Best of everything to you and your soon to be crew. this is the best time because you can feed mom kitten food and KMR as much as she wants from now until they are weaned. It will help the kittens learn to like wet food when the time comes.

It's good to be excited about it. It's even okay to sleep on the floor in Mom cat's room while you're both waiting for the kits. Really.
I really appreciate the advise given! I am currently lying on the floor as you wrote that haha!
She’s not eating much of the kitten food so I got her some applepaws ( smells good enough to eat myself! ) and kitten milk and she’s devouring those!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom will give you good practice in feeding the kits, which is when they get to solids feed as much as they want. So give her as much as she wants. :D

What's her name, if you don't mind?

when our cat had kittens (long ago, we thought she was just getting fat from becoming an inside cat, we were young and not
much around the pregnant) we kept them and they all stayed together. It was rather nice watching them grow up and spend their
lives under their mother's watchful care.

Last edited:

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she’d have the whole box if I put it down she really likes the applepaws stuff! I don’t love the price though! I am mixing the applepaws and regular kitten food together and that’s seeming to work!
Her name is Bella <3
I Plan to keep remainder after my aunty has had two :) there’s no issues here of worrying about finding homes xx

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*update*
Still no kittens! :dizzycat:
She’s generally not wanting to move much and only moves to get food or use litter tray.. I could feel individual kitten bodies yesterday when she got up? Is that normal? It’s like she’d lost all fluid in her tummy for a minute :dunno: x

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s all normal sounding to me! It’s good she’s resting. She’ll be very busy with kittens to care for soon. :)

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s verryyyy moody today lol she’s biting me when I try to fuss her :angryfire: lots of tail flicking going on too! Was happy for belly rubs 5 minutes ago lol! I’m feeling kittens again though like she’s lost fluid? Wondering if she has actually lost some? Anyone know if that happens? Xx

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*update*
Still no kittens! :dizzycat:
She’s generally not wanting to move much and only moves to get food or use litter tray.. I could feel individual kitten bodies yesterday when she got up? Is that normal? It’s like she’d lost all fluid in her tummy for a minute :dunno: x

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her stomach is like it’s been vac packed? That’s the only way I can describe it o_O

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s normal towards the end of pregnancy. Try to relax and be patient! :)

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s normal towards the end of pregnancy. Try to relax and be patient! :)
I can’t be patient! :hyper:
Is this pre labour contractions by any change? The gearing up for the big ones?

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys, update to date..
I’ve noticed the kittens have moved further down her sides, I can actually feel them underneath in between her back legs where her last set of nipples are. Is this them getting into birth position? Movements have reduced and she’s absolutely loving having her belly rubbed, right down to where he back legs are! If anyone could shed some knowledge I’d appreciate it so I can adjust plans etc - again I don’t know due date so I only have the signs to go off! Thanks x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It does sound like she’s dropped, so she’s in the final stages. It’s still up to Mother Nature though! :)

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It does sound like she’s dropped, so she’s in the final stages. It’s still up to Mother Nature though! :)
Thank you :) by final stages how long am I looking roughly? X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There’s no way to know. That’s why I said it’s still up to Mother Nature.

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I understand, I just don’t even know what week she’s in :dunno: when does the belly usually drop / go down like that? Xx

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are popping and crackling sounds normal :/ they’re quite noisy coming from her belly :stars: