Taken A Cat In - Pregnant Please Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can I get some advise please?
I’ve just come downstairs to find her licking something up off the floor ( clear fluid ) and she’s rolling on it and rubbing her face all over it? Like they do with catnip? It defo wasn’t there before, could it be her waters trickling? Thanks in advance x

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She also lost some mucus plug last night - just to add!

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was clear, had no bits in, and didn’t smell of anything :ruminating: it was just weird how she was rolling around in it :confused:

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update... she’s having what I think are mild contractions atm. Her sides suck right in and the kittens are in full lump view! Lol! Her back twitches almost like she has a flea on her? - hope this makes sense. She’s going in and out of her nest basket and is more vocal today. Any words of wisdom? Are we close? :cheerleader:

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m timing these and they are 5 minutes apart exactly.. they were 6 minutes apart this morning. Anyone shed some light please? Getting some chirping too now

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s laboring for sure! How are things going now?
Thanks so much for your responses sarthur!!
She’s still the same, she’s in and out of the nesting basket and I just saw her grooming my other cat ( who she hates! ) lol!!
She’s eating still? She’s had 3 sachets of kitten food today.

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it ok that she’s stayed like this all day by the way? X

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Something to add. Never seen this before, but she’s trying to cover her food up?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
covering the food is saving it for later. Not to worry.

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And my foster also had wet food up until 30 minutes before pushing! Her appetite didn’t stop

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I never watched a cat give birth.
Thanks to YouTube I got to watch it. (Why are all birth videos traumatizing no matter what the species? :running:) Funny enough in the video they were all guessing to (?is she miscarrying? Is she in labor? MWhen is she due? I think she is having a contraction.... yep she is now having contractions..... it is a live birth!) Perhaps watching some cat birth videos will help you recognize the signs/stages of cat labor better?

Everything will probably go just fine (it usually does.) :hangin:
I’m looking forward to seeing more adorable baby kitten pictures.(& learning what color/pattern they wind up getting.) Thank you for taking her in when she lost her home and her human. :goldstar:

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Evening all :)
She continued to contract at 5 mins apart upto 1am then I had to go to bed. Got up and she was still at it ( it seemed like she waited for me to get up?! ) and she took me upstairs and went in her nest. Contractions turned into strained ones and then she started delivering! She was so so calm and didn’t even cry out, just chirped at me. First and second were born within seconds of each other, she had a 10 minute break then passed another 3 a few minutes apart :D x