T-Cyte Treatment for FeLV & FIV Cats?

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi John,

Thank you very much for the detail. The older cat with FeLV isn’t sick yet.

My question is more about how to have the cats together without the virus passing to the two younger cats. With your suggestion, will it prevent the virus from passing from the older cat to the younger ones?

Thanks,
Louis
If you follow my suggestion, Louis, and have the two young cats vaccinated against FeLV a few weeks before they come into contact with the FeLV+ cat they will be immune to the disease, so won't become infected. As I said it will be necessary for the young cats to have a second vaccination about 8 weeks after the first. Incidentally a lot of cats that become infected with this particular virus do overcome it, so this might happen in the case of this older cat. It is a common practice to retest a + cat 3 to 4 months later to ee if this has happened.

Regards, John

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wondering, which strength of Birm did you use? The concentrated or preventative?

Please respond ASAP if you can, I have a cat getting weaker by the day with FeLV. Thanks.
Hello and my apologies for not replying to your enquiry but for some reason I don't get notifications from the website.

I hope and pray that your cat has not died in the meanwhile. I was using the Preventative strength of Birm, but I believe that this is no longer available. I have started using another product called RetroMAD1 that you can locate on Google that seems to work well in treating both FeLV and FIV, It is a twice daily oral medication that has an anti viral properties. It can be put directly into the cats mouth or added to soft food if the cat is difficult to handle. If added to food the quantity must be doubled.

Good luck, John

thelouis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you follow my suggestion, Louis, and have the two young cats vaccinated against FeLV a few weeks before they come into contact with the FeLV+ cat they will be immune to the disease, so won't become infected. As I said it will be necessary for the young cats to have a second vaccination about 8 weeks after the first. Incidentally a lot of cats that become infected with this particular virus do overcome it, so this might happen in the case of this older cat. It is a common practice to retest a + cat 3 to 4 months later to ee if this has happened.

Regards, John
Thanks John. The older cat has tested positive a year ago and last week. I would consider the treatment on the older cat after I have him living with us. But not going to be optimistic about the virus being cured/removed.

This is exactly what I’m looking for. I am going to put your replies together regarding the vaccines for the younger cats and run it by my vet. If all goes well, hoping to start the count on the 8 weeks asap.

Thanks,
Louis

Yuri_M

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

My cat was diagnosed with FeLV and I'm looking for treatment. I want to try LTCI. But I live in Ukraine and have some troubles with ordering this treatment.
I wrote a letter to T-Cyte and they replied me:

Unfortunately, it is not a simple process to ship internationally. You can order directly from us and we can ship, but it will be incumbent upon you to obtain the proper approval to receive it through your country’s import regulatory authority.
In order to place the order we will need the following:
  • Veterinarian authorization (if this is required by your country’s customs authorities)
  • Any forms required by your country

I don't know what form are required by Ukraine and I don't know where I can find it. Though my vet is ready to treat my cat with LTCI he khow nothing about international ordering.

So maybe somebody can help me to figure out how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Yuri

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I seem to have duplicated my reply.

Last edited:

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Yuri,
Greetings from far off South Africa, where I run a shelter for homeless cats. I currently have 5 FeLV+ cats on treatment, so hopefully I can share some of my experiences with you.
I have used LTCI in the past, but partly due to the difficulty I experience in getting it, I have moved all 5 of them (plus 5 FIV+ cats) onto an anti-viral product called RetroMAD1 that comes from a company called Biovalence in Malasia that seems to be helping all of them. This product doesn't need to be shipped in a cold pack as LTCI does (which greatly increases the shipping cost), and is described in the shipping manifest as a "Protein Supplement for sick cats". As such my shipments have all come straight through customs. On the other hand, for LTCI I had to obtain a special permit from our Medicine Control Authority which was costly and time consuming.
The difficulty in deciding which medication to use is compounded by the fact that FeLV can affect cats in a number of different ways, since there are about 4 varieties of the virus and these can in turn follow different infection routes. LTCI treatment starts out with 3 injections one week apart, followed by less frequent injections - the frequency of which depends on the individual cat's immune system. The first cat I had on LTCI suffered neurological problems (including restlessness and even hallucinations) and needed follow up injections about every 10 days, making the treatment hugely expensive. Sadly he passed away due to kidney problems that he had been present prior to the FeLV infection. The latest package insert from T-Cyte cautions that follow ups might even be required weekly to maintain adequate Lymphocyte levels, but I have corresponded with LTCI users that do monthly follow ups. I have noticed that LTCI doesn't seem to help cats with mouth or gum infections - RetroMAD1 being more effective here. It is an anti viral agent, and is given twice daily by mouth. It clearly doesn't taste too good, but can be added to a little soft food if necessary. When this is done the dose must be doubled from 0.05 to 0.10 ml/Kg.
Good luck to you and your kitty!

SaveOurCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Yuri,
I hope you and your pet cat are well.
You can reach out to me to check if my T-Cyte can be shipped to you at [email protected]
Hello,
I do wish the best for your cats, and hope they get better.
Just checking if anyone on this thread / site needs T-Cyte. I have access to ten doses that are good thru August 2019. Sadly I just lost my pet that I had planned to give T-Cyte.

julia seidner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

My cat was diagnosed with FeLV and I'm looking for treatment. I want to try LTCI. But I live in Ukraine and have some troubles with ordering this treatment.
I wrote a letter to T-Cyte and they replied me:

Unfortunately, it is not a simple process to ship internationally. You can order directly from us and we can ship, but it will be incumbent upon you to obtain the proper approval to receive it through your country’s import regulatory authority.
In order to place the order we will need the following:
  • Veterinarian authorization (if this is required by your country’s customs authorities)
  • Any forms required by your country

I don't know what form are required by Ukraine and I don't know where I can find it. Though my vet is ready to treat my cat with LTCI he khow nothing about international ordering.

So maybe somebody can help me to figure out how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Yuri
Hello Yuri,

I had the same answer from the producer of LTCI when I asked them wether I could order the injections for my cat. Before that, I had been provided the LCTC from a veterinary who had been working in the US and in Hungary as well. Unfortunately that dear doctor died last year. The shots had helped my cat for six year to survive FeLV and my dear had a god life until his 17,5.

As it is included in the producer's answer you should apply for the import regulatory authority of Ukraine. Sure you will find the data of this office in the Internet. For the time being, I suggest you to give the cat Virbagen Omega infterferon( Virbagen Omega for Dogs & Cats. The ordering of LTCI will be a longer process if at all, so you have to strenghten your cat immune system to survive. This is the most important at the moment.

Regards,

Júlia Seidner

julia seidner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Yuri,

I had the same answer from the producer of LTCI when I asked them wether I could order the injections for my cat. Before that, I had been provided the LCTC from a veterinary who had been working in the US and in Hungary as well. Unfortunately that dear doctor died last year. The shots had helped my cat for six year to survive FeLV and my dear had a god life until his 17,5.

As it is included in the producer's answer you should apply for the import regulatory authority of Ukraine. Sure you will find the data of this office in the Internet. For the time being, I suggest you to give the cat Virbagen Omega infterferon( Virbagen Omega for Dogs & Cats. The ordering of LTCI will be a longer process if at all, so you have to strenghten your cat immune system to survive. This is the most important at the moment.

Regards,

Júlia Seidner

Mando82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Armando,

My partner and I live in Spain and are interested in obtaining LTCI for our FIV+ cat. Did you manage to get your cats to Spain and start them on LTCI?

Thanks,

Duane
Hi, I'm sorry I didn't answer before, I did manage to get all 6 cats to spain :) but I haven't had the time(money) to order the tcyte, there's another treatment here called virbagen omega, which costs about the same, I'm actually trying to order it so I can administer it, which is not difficult, about the same as a vaccine, which I have administered hundreds...

You can reach me in my email armsve at gmail =)

Iraklas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 3 year old FIV+ cat who had the virus since he was a kitten. He is currently doing well with no medication. Can i give him anything to prevent the virus from taking over his immune system?

vandersvooy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
My question is similar to that of Iraklas. My 2 year-old cat Boum was diagnosed with FIV this past weekend. He is still healthy for now - weighs 12 pounds, eats well etc. I saw on this thread that LTCI produced positive results for many cats that were in bad shape - would you recommend that I start LTCI right away or should I use it to fight future illnesses? Thanks in advance for your help. And thank you so much for those who shared their experiences on this thread - so helpful.

Floridagatorswin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was diagnosed with FIV 12 months ago. Since that time he has been sick once - a throat infection. He recovered very quickly once treated. I'm considering LTCI treatment for him (very expensive here in Thailand - about $US2,000 for 3 months initial treatment). The vets here no nothing about this treatment other than it is available here in Thailand.
Are you able to tell me what follow up treatment is required. The vet I'm in contact with seems to think it's just the 3 month course of injections. Nothing more after that. Im thinking there must be "booster" shots.
How is your cat doing?
Thanks
GRANT
New Treatment Offers Hope For Cats with FeLV and FIV | Catster thiss page will tell you more information

Floridagatorswin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 year old cat Meatloaf, has fiv he's had it since he was a kitten he hasn't had any treatment just antibiotic for a snotty nose and gooey eye. He weighs 14lbs should I consider doing the t-cyte treatment or wait till he starts to loose waite or get worse.

julia seidner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
My cat Igor had LTCI treatment for 6 years, my vet frend had brought the injections to Hungary from the US regularly that time . Unfortunately Igor died in his 17.5 in kidney disease. During the LTCI treatment he was free of healt problems, though the producer suggests providing 3 shots as inititial treatment. It was not as expensive as you mention it is in Thailand but it was rather costy for us as well. Just we adored our little dear and did everything to keep him in good state. Anyway, FIV is not as fatal as FELV and I think you should start the treatmen as soon as you can.

SaveOurCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
My question is similar to that of Iraklas. My 2 year-old cat Boum was diagnosed with FIV this past weekend. He is still healthy for now - weighs 12 pounds, eats well etc. I saw on this thread that LTCI produced positive results for many cats that were in bad shape - would you recommend that I start LTCI right away or should I use it to fight future illnesses? Thanks in advance for your help. And thank you so much for those who shared their experiences on this thread - so helpful.
Hi,
I researched FeLV and treatment options for my kitten last year. I did not find many treatment options. T-Cyte (although not yet proven to treat all cat situations, and not well accepted by many Vets as a solution) maybe helpful in boosting your cat's ability to fight off any infections / illness from the affects of the FeLV.
You can have your cat's tested first to confirm whether they have FeLV to check if they are one of the lucky ones that might shake the virus on their own. After you conduct the tests and if your cat is confirmed with FeLV I don't see any reason to wait until the pet gets sick to start the T-Cyte. T-Cyte may help your cat's overall health by helping fight off opportunistic illnesses from the FeLV.
My understanding is that T-Cyte is initially administered in three doses (once then 7 days later, and then 14 days later.) After these initial three doses it T-Cyte can be administered monthly or bi-monthly, or as needed, depending on your cat's response and your veterinarian's advice.
A ten pack cost me $750 USD which should be good to treat your cat for about 8 months (the 3 doses the first month, and then seven remaining doses the next 7 months) if you elect to administer it every month, or 15 months if you elect to treat every other month after the initial treatment.
I hope each of you can help your cat in some way.
If anyone is interested the T-Cyte I have please reach out to me. Mine is kept at my Veterinary hospital.

sermetege

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I would like to as if it is possible to order ship T-Cyte to Turkey or Budapest.

Thanks.

andreiamlm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi

I'm looking for a way to get access to tcye Lcti in Europe. If anyone can help me with any info I would be really grateful, to help a dear kitten that is gravelly ill.

Thank you so much