T-Cyte Treatment for FeLV & FIV Cats?

julia seidner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
To get LTCI in Europe, you need some pesonal vet connection in the US. It is not registered in Europe unfortunately. I had had some, but that doctor died two years ago. An other opportunity to treat the cat with interferon for cat, this is the Virbagen Omega. But the treatment has to be started in the early stage of the disease. Consult with your vet. Best regards, Julia

Catgirl64

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi bokibojana. I have just found that two cats in my care are FeLV positive. Since they appear to be in the early stages of infection I think that they might respond to ZYLEXIS as you describe above. Would you mind giving me some details about dosage, etc. Many thanks, John

Catgirl64

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I do wish the best for your cats, and hope they get better.
Just checking if anyone on this thread / site needs T-Cyte. I have access to ten doses that are good thru August 2019. Sadly I just lost my pet that I had planned to give T-Cyte.

DollyT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Louis,
Unfortunately if you are referring to T-Cyte it likely will not cure the cat of the FeLV virus. There is no known cure for FeLV.
T-Cyte can make the infected cat feel better by improving his immune system. There were a few situations (although this is not by a scientific or approved clinical trial) where some cats did get rid of the virus.
There is also a chance that cats with FeLV might shake it on their own - however I think this is very rare.
So to answer your concern - sadly I don't think you can let the FeLV cat interact with the other two cats without the risk of them getting FeLV.
If you keep him separate and try T-Cyte for many months and re-test him and he is one of the very rare cats that shakes the virus then you might be able to after additional testing.
I just lost my beloved kitten who had FeLV to likely lymphoma - so I 'm still too saddened to try to find someone else that could use or wants to use the T-Cyte I got for him. It was never opened.
Good luck with your decision...I know it is not an easy one.

DollyT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat with stomititis. The vet recommended the T-Cyte at this point. Do you still have it?

SaveOurCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat with stomititis. The vet recommended the T-Cyte at this point. Do you still have it?
Hi, I sold my T-Cyte several months ago. I paid ~$750 for 10 doses. Not all Vets will buy the T-Cyte for you as many told me they felt there was no scientific proof it worked. Some Vets will buy it for you but be prepared to take extra time finding one who will. You can check the T-Cyte website to find Vets in your area that may sell it. You may find no Vet in your immediate area so you may have to travel to get some. You can also try checking e-Bay - believe it or not - I saw another lady trying to sell a dose she had.
I wish you and your pet the best of luck, and hope your pet stays healthy.