T-Cyte Treatment for FeLV & FIV Cats?

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Mando82. I am sorry to hear that your kitty has tested FIV+. I tried RetroMAD1 on a FIV+ cat last year and found that although the cat did not deteriorate in any way he did not get rid of the virus as I had expected him to (as claimed by the manufacturer). He is one of the cats in a shelter for homeless cats that I run so I couldn't afford to get him the very expensive LTCI (which I found to be very good against FeLV). I put him and three other FeLV+ cats onto a different (relatively inexpensive) treatment called Birm at the beginning of this year and all four cats are doing very well indeed. Birm comes from Ecuador and is a plant extract from the forests that is being used to combat a number of illnesses including viral infections such as human HIV and anaemia. If you check the reader reviews on Amazon you will see what I mean. I give my cats 0.4 ml twice daily mixed with an equal volume of milk because this stuff tastes nasty. It is available directly from the manufacturer on their website BIRMproducts.com or by email from [email protected] A lady in Ecuador told me about it - she has been treating her FeLV+ for quite a long time it on it, as prescribed by her vet. Good luck and let us know how you get on! Cheers, John.

Mando82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi johnbonnard, thanks for your insights about RetroMAD1, I guess I'll stick to LTCI. I also run a shelter in Venezuela however I haven't tested them all, just the ones I will bring to Spain (the others will remain taken care of) out of 4 that lived there only Lola has FIV. I'm actually doing the paperwork to get her to Spain (which is painfully long and expensive as well). I'm guessing next January I will begin treatment after I retest her, she's always been slim and I always thought she got something.

I will let you know how she's doing with t-cyte, I have to check how to import it to Spain tho.

Thanks again for your words!
Armando

smcclung101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Mando82. I am sorry to hear that your kitty has tested FIV+. I tried RetroMAD1 on a FIV+ cat last year and found that although the cat did not deteriorate in any way he did not get rid of the virus as I had expected him to (as claimed by the manufacturer). He is one of the cats in a shelter for homeless cats that I run so I couldn't afford to get him the very expensive LTCI (which I found to be very good against FeLV). I put him and three other FeLV+ cats onto a different (relatively inexpensive) treatment called Birm at the beginning of this year and all four cats are doing very well indeed. Birm comes from Ecuador and is a plant extract from the forests that is being used to combat a number of illnesses including viral infections such as human HIV and anaemia. If you check the reader reviews on Amazon you will see what I mean. I give my cats 0.4 ml twice daily mixed with an equal volume of milk because this stuff tastes nasty. It is available directly from the manufacturer on their website BIRMproducts.com or by email from [email protected] A lady in Ecuador told me about it - she has been treating her FeLV+ for quite a long time it on it, as prescribed by her vet. Good luck and let us know how you get on! Cheers, John.
I use t-cyte and all my cats are in remission. The vet purchases it for me and I administer at home.

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again. My vet ordered the Tcyte but it won't be in until some time next week. My cat has become severely anemic and was falling over tonight, howling and stretched out stiff. After this episode, which he had a couple of times, he got up, drank some water and is back to normal. Was this a seizure? I'm giving him Pet-tinic for the anemia. Is it still worth doing the Tcyte treatment? Or is this beyond the limits for it to kick in and reverse this? I'm waiting to get off work and might take him to an ER.
Hi honigkatze. I only just saw your post so it may be too late to reply. My cat was also having serious neurological symptoms from his FeLV infection before I started him on LTCI last year, and we found that these problems all went away once he started on LTCI. He was also very anaemic at the start of treatment but this too went away on LTCI treatment. Hope your kitty gets better. Regards, John

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi johnbonnard, thanks for your insights about RetroMAD1, I guess I'll stick to LTCI. I also run a shelter in Venezuela however I haven't tested them all, just the ones I will bring to Spain (the others will remain taken care of) out of 4 that lived there only Lola has FIV. I'm actually doing the paperwork to get her to Spain (which is painfully long and expensive as well). I'm guessing next January I will begin treatment after I retest her, she's always been slim and I always thought she got something.

I will let you know how she's doing with t-cyte, I have to check how to import it to Spain tho.

Armando
Hi Armando. Thanks for your reply and good luck with the kitties. I am not sure if you will find LTCI readily available in Spain, but I am sure that you will find a vet who will help you to import it. I had the same problem here in South Africa where I live.
I wish you well in Spain
John.

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings to everyone . It's been a year since we are on the regular inspection discovered that our cat IS fiv \ FeLV positive. After 4 injections ZYLEXIS (every 2 days), our cat was FeLV negative but still FIV positive. 15 days after treatment ZYLEXIS , we started with LTCI therapy. So far received 5 injections. Gingivitis is gone, received twice as much weight. I bought Ltcy directly from the manufacturer, 10 injections cost me $ 450 . By advide from very experienced veterinary we are completely change the diet. Dry food obtained in small quantities, for reasons of hygiene of oral cavity. Meals are based on fresh meat (chicken, beef, pork and twice a week chicken livers) .
Hi bokibojana. I have just found that two cats in my care are FeLV positive. Since they appear to be in the early stages of infection I think that they might respond to ZYLEXIS as you describe above. Would you mind giving me some details about dosage, etc. Many thanks, John

Animalcontent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Armando
Hi Armando,

My partner and I live in Spain and are interested in obtaining LTCI for our FIV+ cat. Did you manage to get your cats to Spain and start them on LTCI?

Thanks,

Duane

Zoticat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wondering, which strength of Birm did you use? The concentrated or preventative?

Please respond ASAP if you can, I have a cat getting weaker by the day with FeLV. Thanks.

SaveOurCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I do wish the best for your cats, and hope they get better.
Just checking if anyone on this thread / site needs T-Cyte. I have access to ten doses that are good thru August 2019. Sadly I just lost my pet that I had planned to give T-Cyte.

Legaltender23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am most definitely in need!! My kitten was taking it bimonthly for 10 months and was doing great.
My baby Paxton is in the hospital now with a fever of 106.5 f and getting bloodwork. I am having trouble affording another loading dose and I just used the last of my last 5 pack i bought for him. I would very much desire to wprk.with you for these ten doses to help my baby.

Legaltender23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I do wish the best for your cats, and hope they get better.
Just checking if anyone on this thread / site needs T-Cyte. I have access to ten doses that are good thru August 2019. Sadly I just lost my pet that I had planned to give T-Cyte.
NewI am most definitely in need!! My kitten was taking it bimonthly for 10 months and was doing great.
My baby Paxton is in the hospital now with a fever of 106.5 f and getting bloodwork. I am having trouble affording another loading dose and I just used the last of my last 5 pack i bought for him. I would very much desire to wprk.with you for these ten doses to help my baby.

SaveOurCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am most definitely in need!! My kitten was taking it bimonthly for 10 months and was doing great.

Legaltender23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello . My email is [email protected]. Yes Paxton had never gotten I'll even once. I was getting him.injections every month. Things got a bit tight when I got sick had to have a surgery
and couldn't work for a few months, so, I hadn't had a financial chance to give him frequent injections . I was hoping that every 2 months or a bit longer would help him sso I could stretch the budget. i am worried that I may have stretched him too far and need to go back to every 30 or 45 day injections.

Legaltender23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, Let me know how to contact you. Do you feel the T-Cyte was helping?
Hello . My email is [email protected]. Yes Paxton had never gotten I'll even once. I was getting him.injections every month. Things got a bit tight when I got sick had to have a surgery
and couldn't work for a few months, so, I hadn't had a financial chance to give him frequent injections . I was hoping that every 2 months or a bit longer would help him sso I could stretch the budget. i am worried that I may have stretched him too far and need to go back to every 30 or 45 day injections.

thelouis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi other cat owners,

First, I’d like to thank you all so much for posting and sharing your experience. It has comfort me to find this thread knowing there is a way to treat this virus.

My situation is a bit different, my wife and I currently have two young cats with no felv and there’s an older cat that we want to adopt which has the virus (tested twice over the last year, both came back postive). Everyone is suggesting us not to keep the cats together, which means don’t adopt him.

Knowing that there’s this treatment now, if I start the older car on this treatment, will he be cured? And able to live with other cats without worrying passing on this virus?

Please give us your feedback.

Thanks,
Louis ([email protected])

SaveOurCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Louis,
Unfortunately if you are referring to T-Cyte it likely will not cure the cat of the FeLV virus. There is no known cure for FeLV.
T-Cyte can make the infected cat feel better by improving his immune system. There were a few situations (although this is not by a scientific or approved clinical trial) where some cats did get rid of the virus.
There is also a chance that cats with FeLV might shake it on their own - however I think this is very rare.
So to answer your concern - sadly I don't think you can let the FeLV cat interact with the other two cats without the risk of them getting FeLV.
If you keep him separate and try T-Cyte for many months and re-test him and he is one of the very rare cats that shakes the virus then you might be able to after additional testing.
I just lost my beloved kitten who had FeLV to likely lymphoma - so I 'm still too saddened to try to find someone else that could use or wants to use the T-Cyte I got for him. It was never opened.
Good luck with your decision...I know it is not an easy one.

thelouis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Louis,
Unfortunately if you are referring to T-Cyte it likely will not cure the cat of the FeLV virus. There is no known cure for FeLV.
T-Cyte can make the infected cat feel better by improving his immune system. There were a few situations (although this is not by a scientific or approved clinical trial) where some cats did get rid of the virus.
There is also a chance that cats with FeLV might shake it on their own - however I think this is very rare.
So to answer your concern - sadly I don't think you can let the FeLV cat interact with the other two cats without the risk of them getting FeLV.
If you keep him separate and try T-Cyte for many months and re-test him and he is one of the very rare cats that shakes the virus then you might be able to after additional testing.
I just lost my beloved kitten who had FeLV to likely lymphoma - so I 'm still too saddened to try to find someone else that could use or wants to use the T-Cyte I got for him. It was never opened.
Good luck with your decision...I know it is not an easy one.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Sorry for your lost.

johnbonnard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi other cat owners,

First, I’d like to thank you all so much for posting and sharing your experience. It has comfort me to find this thread knowing there is a way to treat this virus.

My situation is a bit different, my wife and I currently have two young cats with no felv and there’s an older cat that we want to adopt which has the virus (tested twice over the last year, both came back postive). Everyone is suggesting us not to keep the cats together, which means don’t adopt him.

Knowing that there’s this treatment now, if I start the older car on this treatment, will he be cured? And able to live with other cats without worrying passing on this virus?

Please give us your feedback.

Thanks,
Louis ([email protected])
Hello Louis

Thank you for your kindness in wanting to adopt this older FeLV+ kitty.

The obvious solution to your situation is to vaccinate your two young cats for FeLV at least three weeks before you allow them to be in contact with the older cat. There are a number of totally safe and affordable vaccines, and you will need to give a follow up shot about two months later.

I have used LTCI on a number of cats and found it to be effective, although you will need to check the cat's progress carefully by doing Full Blood Counts to establish how frequently the follow up injections must be given. (The treatment starts out with three injections one week apart.)

There is another treatment option called RetroMAD1 that I am using on 5 FeLV+ and 4 FIV+ cats that if anything seems to be every bit as effective as LTCI. It is an oral medication that one gives twice daily, preferably before food at 0.05 ml/kg of cat. If the cat objects the dose can be put onto food but must then be at 0.1 ml/kg.

In case you are wondering how anyone would have so many infected cats in their care I run a sanctuary for homeless cats in South Africa.

Cheers

John

thelouis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Louis

Thank you for your kindness in wanting to adopt this older FeLV+ kitty.

The obvious solution to your situation is to vaccinate your two young cats for FeLV at least three weeks before you allow them to be in contact with the older cat. There are a number of totally safe and affordable vaccines, and you will need to give a follow up shot about two months later.

I have used LTCI on a number of cats and found it to be effective, although you will need to check the cat's progress carefully by doing Full Blood Counts to establish how frequently the follow up injections must be given. (The treatment starts out with three injections one week apart.)

There is another treatment option called RetroMAD1 that I am using on 5 FeLV+ and 4 FIV+ cats that if anything seems to be every bit as effective as LTCI. It is an oral medication that one gives twice daily, preferably before food at 0.05 ml/kg of cat. If the cat objects the dose can be put onto food but must then be at 0.1 ml/kg.

In case you are wondering how anyone would have so many infected cats in their care I run a sanctuary for homeless cats in South Africa.

Cheers

John
Hi John,

Thank you very much for the detail. The older cat with FeLV isn’t sick yet.

My question is more about how to have the cats together without the virus passing to the two younger cats. With your suggestion, will it prevent the virus from passing from the older cat to the younger ones?

Thanks,
Louis