Survey: What color eyes does your cat have?

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish that we had the survey function here, so I will have to do this the "hard way", LOL!

Quite simple... what color are your cat's eyes? Also... what breed is your cat (or, what is the dominant breed if you know it?) Just curious to see what the most popular eye color is in our global community! 😁

Yellow or gold

1573473881044.png

Green
1573474217541.png

Amber, Copper or orange
1573474167187.png

Blue
1573474279654.png

Turquoise or aqua
1573474437257.png

Brown or hazel
1573474653200.png

Odd-eyes... each eye is a different color
1573473678660.png

Dichromatic eyes... two or more colors in the same iris, either two-tone, or "base color with distinct flecks or halos"...examples

1573473596326.png

Green halo on orange/amber eye
1573475510547.png

If your kitty is odd-eyed or has dichromatic eyes, what colors?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rain is a Domestic Medium or Long Hair and she has amber to orange eyes. Schrödinger is probably a Tonkinese or really good Siamese mix (or Domestic Short Hair with excellent colorpoints, we really don't know! We THINK he might be Tonkinese, though...). His eyes are blue but occasionally look slightly aqua. Here, they're clear blue.

20191109_122710-1.jpg

woke his ass up now he is pissed.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What lovely cats!

I would describe Schrödinger as a seal point domestic shorthair. Tonkinese cats have shorter faces and a more close lying coat. The aqua eyes of the mink Tonkinese don't have anything to do with breed ancestry; aqua eyes simply go along with the mink color (which is the result of having one colorpoint allele and one sepia allele). Because Schrödinger is a seal point rather than a seal mink, he would be expected to have blue eyes rather than aqua eyes. Of course just as with human eye color, cat eye color will vary slightly depending on the lighting in which you are viewing it.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish that we had the survey function here, so I will have to do this the "hard way", LOL!
You can post a "poll" as part of a forum post. I don't know if it's too late to edit your post and add it, though. Maybe a moderator can help if you want to do that. A poll can allow multiple selections (for people with multiple cats).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can post a "poll" as part of a forum post. I don't know if it's too late to edit your post and add it, though. Maybe a moderator can help if you want to do that. A poll can allow multiple selections (for people with multiple cats).

Huh, I didn't see the function on the toolbar. I see "Remove formatting", options to work with fonts, like bold and italic and strikethrough, font family and size, colors, an option for links, inserting photos, smileys, inserting media/quotes/spoilers/codes... alignment, list, tables, undo... toggle BB code... Where is this "poll feature"? Maybe I'm just stupid or something.

Last edited:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's at the bottom, beneath the text box, "Post a poll"

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My Barley has golden eyes, he is a persian mix.
Graham has brown eyes, a scottish fold.
Bourbon has green eyes, he is a DLH but vets say he is a maine coon mix. I don't mind what breed she is, she is still my favorite.:)
Pepsi has green eyes, he is a DSH.