Survey: What color eyes does your cat have?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grischa and Shenka (Russian Blues) have green eyes. Mala and Shanti (Chartreux) have deep orange eyes.

(Before anyone comes for me about having purebreds, I'm in the UK and its virtually impossible to adopt from a shelter if you have other pets or want indoor only kitties :( )
Tell me I'm in the UK too. Even the RSPCA and cat's protection say to let them outside and indoor cat's don't come up that often. I don't know why anyone would bother about you having pedigrees Russian blues are beautiful.:thumbsup:

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Before anyone comes for me about having purebreds, I'm in the UK and its virtually impossible to adopt from a shelter if you have other pets or want indoor only kitties :( )
I don't think it's a bad thing to have pure breeds so long as they're from a reputable breeder and you treat your cats well.

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pantera has jade green eyes, best seen in natural lighting
View media item 422533
Her origin is an absolute mystery: she was literally found on the neighbor's doorstep, no message, nothing. She's almost certainly generic brazilian feline, but she does differ in body type from most cats around here.

Interestingly, her habit of lying in the sun has bleached out her all-black fur ( less than a dozen white hairs on her whole body) a bit, like a surfer. As a result, in the right lighting one can see faint but unmistakeable tabby striping

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mines just a run of the mill former-feral, but her eyes are right smack in the middle of yellow and green. Looks either or depending on the lighting. Some times looks kind of greyish blue. I'd take a new pic but she's sucking (nursing) on one of her toe beans and sleeping on my pillow.
specter1.png
IMG_20191012_091046114.jpg
IMG_20191012_091704564.jpg

Or.. I think they are? They always confuse me and I spend twenty four hours a day with her.
I put the images on a color wheel and keep coming between yellow/green greyed out, or blue and green greyed out.
She's a pretty polarizing character all around.

Count

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Count has yellow eyes with a slight green halo. It is very hard to capture on camera and looking at my backlog of thousands of photos I can't find a photo that shows it properly but I found a video from his kittenhood that comes close.

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Socks: Yellow (grey and white)
Izzy: Green (black)
Mittens: Green but look a little more yellow-green sometimes (tuxedo cat)
Amber: Orange with a halo of blue around the pupil (black)
Teddy: His eyes are still changing, but I think they will be a yellowish orange (tabby)

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Just like with kitties that I am seeing on this thread, all of my cats had beautiful green, yellow, and blue eyes.
In fact, I didn't think any cat could screw up in the eye color department until I met Figaro who has the ugliest muddy brow eyes.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So very true, re English rescues. I tried rehoming from 3 different places and the second I said indoor cats and that I didn't have garden access they simply weren't interested :(

Both girls have clear yellow /pale gold eyes. The Boy has green halo on amber / orange. All three black moggies :)

Picture is Aeldari.

Attachments