Stray Kitten About To Give Birth!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is a photo of the birthing area I set up with a couple of boxes for her. This is a view from the camera I can watch. I've since moved the litter box so it's not quite so close to the area but still easily accessible.
180ecfc510f0452f249a5e139a53ae49.jpg

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one will be here tomorrow. My sister has been staying with us but she has to work tomorrow as well. ...
I could never leave her anywhere else to have them. It wouldn't feel right to me after taking care of her.
I understand. :hugs:
It was just a thought or possible idea, as she looks so close to my (inexpert) eyes.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Hoping for TODAY to be the big day. :grouphug2:
:goodluck:

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much Push Purr! I appreciate it so much!
I just wish she had some signs of it being soon. Her lady parts look no different than they have all along and no idea how long it takes to change. I've been googling everything I can think of with no luck the last few days.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you have gotten some good sleep lately! You might need that little "sleep nest egg" soon, when the kittens come!

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes::sleep:

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She my be going tonight! I hope so anyway. She's been extra restless and it appears that her vulva is opening now! She finally found a spot that she was comfy in for a lot longer than before. It's hard to see, but she seemed to like it. :-)
IMG_20180930_202133919.jpg

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens. She is still acting like she is in the first stage of labor, so I guess I'll be going to work today and hopefully she will wait for me to get home. I don't know what else to do at this point.
She is still trying to get outside and we've had to get pretty creative to keep her from jumping the gate at the top of the stairs.

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws
She's doing fine. Still no babies yet. At this rate, she'll be preggers forever! She seems so uncomfortable though.
IMG_20181004_214011418.jpg
IMG_20181004_214011418.jpg

I did talk to my vet and they said she's doing just fine and not to worry yet.
They're going to call again in a couple of days to see how she is.
Thank you for asking. ❤

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll probably post so many you'll get sick of seeing them. Lol!
I just hope they get here soon. Feels like she's been pregnant forever! :-)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Rbecker, I have been following your thread with great interest. Mistie is so lovely, she will surely have adorable kitties. I understand your impatience and yet the 15 days for delivery reckoned by the vet on the 25th september have not yet elapsed. It would be wonderful if the babies would arrive this week end so that you could be present for the happy event.

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words.
But the vet said 2 weeks max on the 17th of September, so we are well over that time frame. :-( We are almost at 3 weeks now.
I am hoping tonight, but she hasn't been close to starting any labor at all.

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can't you tell her the Mistie Fan Club is waiting? :hellocomputer:

I told her and the little ones the fan club is waiting. Maybe that will get them to make their appearance! ❤
She is trying so hard to get outside again.
I keep trying to distract her from the stairs. I don't want her to have them outside. It's getting colder at night lately. Not to mention the fact she'll be able to get pregnant again all too soon if she's not indoors.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she's such a wee lassie, I'm really pulling for her! :cheerleader:

-Good luck this weekend-

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words.
But the vet said 2 weeks max on the 17th of September, so we are well over that time frame. :-( We are almost at 3 weeks now.
I am hoping tonight, but she hasn't been close to starting any labor at all.
Thank you Rbecker for your precisions. Sorry about my confusion which was due to the fact that your post indicating the vet's delivery date was dated the 25th September so I just added two weeks to that date. We don't actually know for sure her mating date.

Very much looking forward to your good news which I hope will be pretty soon now.

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This morning while I was at work, mistie lost her mucus plug and is actively searching for a good spot to have the kittens! She is discharging fluid. I can't tell about contractions just yet because she is moving around too much. Yay! 3 weeks from when the vet saw her to the day!
I'll post pictures as soon as I can. :-)

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mistie started hard labor but first one was breech. She was having a hard time, so we raced to the vet. She had the baby on the way but it wasn't breathing. They raced them back to another room. She has had 2 more. I still can't see her yet. They are still trying to get #1 going good on it's own.
They said 1 white, 2 gray so far. One of the gray kittens could be a dilute tortie. I wish I could see them though.