Stray Kitten About To Give Birth!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for not posting yesterday. We ended up taking Mistie to the vet. The first kitten was tail first and not coming out. She ended up delivering on the way. A beautiful white boy.
He was unresponsive so the vet staff raced him to the back to work on him. She had 2 more right away. 2 little girls, one gray and one dilute tortie. All together there were 6 kittens! The last 3 were very stubborn and required oxicotin to get things moving.
The white one perked up but was having troubles nursing. We finally got him to nurse right near the end of a 5 hour vet visit.
I don't know all the sexes just yet. I will check later on.
There is a sad note though. This morning the little white male was dying. He could barely cry and was cold. He couldn't get to mom and wasn't able to nurse.
I tried so hard to get him to warm up and eat, but I knew it was too late. :-(
She is taking good care of the other 5.
1 dark gray
1 almost black
1 medium gray
1 tiger (who is quite a bully for food)
1 dilute tortie
All weighed roughly 100 g today
It was far too late to do it last night after we arrived home. Lots of full bellies and momma runs to them whenever they cry even a tiny bit.
I feel so bad I couldn't help the little white kitten. Perhaps if I had gotten to the vet sooner... He was mostly encased in the placenta when he arrived. That might have been the main cause of his short life.

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you furballsmom!
They are super adorable!
Yeah 5 hours at the vet is not something I ever want to repeat, but the vet was happy they didn't have to do a c section to get the rest out. #3 had to be pulled out and the last one took 2 shots of oxicotin to get out. Poor little Mistie took it like a champ for being so young herself. :cloud9::bliss:

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do plan on getting some sleep for sure! Lol
Mistie seems a little annoyed with the whole situation though.
She really wants to go back outside. I don't want her to go out because she could get pregnant again, but she seems so sad. And not as loving as she was before.
She takes good care of the kittens, but she's a little different now.
She is eating and drinking and using the litter box. So that's good.
I'll contact the vet if she seems to be out of sorts tomorrow too.

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today Mistie is doing really good. She's eating well, using the litter box and taking very good care of the babies. :biggrin:
My sister had stopped in and is a bit louder than I am, so I think Mistie was feeling extra protective.
The babies have gained roughly 10 grams of weight except the dilute tortie. She's really close though. I'm going to keep a close eye and make sure she gets enough milk the next couple of weeks.
There 2 gray kittens are not twins but one had the same white spot as mom does.
The last one born is going to be black, not dark gray like we thought. He's getting darker and has a cute black spot on his nose!
All together, 2 girls and 3 boys! :happycat:
I just love watching them but it's nice not to be on kitten watch now. ❤:fallsmiley:

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I started a new post because this has to do with the kittens. I switched Mistie and her babies to a bigger box because the other was getting cramped. This morning and just a few minutes ago, she moved the biggest 2 kittens to a cat bed next to the nest. I'm not sure why she's doing this because they are very healthy, at least I think they are. They are the biggest 2 kittens and I wonder if she's trying to give the other 3 a chance to eat more. I'm just not sure! Help please!!
:help::please: