Stillborns

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got a stray cat few years back she is 5years or more till now she had delivered two still born and one kitten which after 10days of birth died of septicemia and another who died 4month later... Vet are not helping much in this case. Can anyone suggest me how can I help her because she is becoming depressed and desperate to have a baby after evry two months she is trying for it which has impacted her health. I really want her to have a baby so that i can spay her .

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you and kitty lost kittens. Have you considered letting her adopt a motherless kitten? I had a cat long ago that wanted kittens and she would take a kitten from another mom cat. She loved that kitten as though it was hers and since she could not deliver a healthy baby herself, it kept her from going through dangerous births or producing babies that could not survive. Some mom cats have problems giving birth and it may be better to let her help a motherless kitten that needs a mom the way she needs a baby. She can be spayed snd still be a great foster mom to babies. I have had older females help me care for many foster kittens and they are wonderful mom cats even long after being spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I did one of my cat gave birth a litter of 3 i tried to giver her but she turnes aggressive.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I really want her to have a baby so that i can spay her .
Why?

There is no need for her to produce any kittens. Cats don't have the urge to start a family the way humans do. She is desperate to mate because her hormones are driving her crazy. She isn't depressed about not having any kittens.

Please spay her now so that she doesn't have to go through the risk of any more pregnancies, matings or deliveries. Every time she has a heat cycle her chances of getting a fatal disease, such as mammary cancer or pyometra, increase.

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay Thankyou . I too want the same . But i was just guilty thinking that maybe she wants baby of her own.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Cats don't have the same maternal instinct that people do. If she did have kittens she would probably take very good care of them, but once the kittens get to 3 or 4 months of age the cats are done mothering. I have a mother and daughter cat, 12 and 10 years old, and they ignore each other. The mother did a great job until her daughter was 6 months old, then started hissing at her and trying to chase her away.

It is very sad to see how heartbroken a cat will be if her kittens die when they are still nursing, but that is another good reason to get her spayed now. She doesn't need to keep going through this trauma and heartbreak. You'll be doing her a favour if you get her spayed as soon as you can.

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any tips on how to take care of a spayed cat?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vets in my region sucks they killed my two kittens who were simply suffering from pneumonia ... I have zero faith now. But i am in talk with few other will go through their review once convinced i will go for the surgery. But here they let the cat go after one hour of surgery

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My old vet used to let cats go home soon after surgery too. There's not much difference in her recovering at home vs in a cage at the vet's office, as long as you take proper care of her. Keep her warm and safe until she's fully awake (usually overnight). It's ok to leave her in the travel carrier overnight. Just put an absorbent pad under a cozy (but not too fluffy) blanket, make sure her face is unobstructed so she can breathe freely, then keep the cage somewhere warm and quiet. Otherwise she may stumble and fall while coming to and possibly get injured.

Spays are pretty common surgeries so most vets will do a decent job; illnesses are often more complicated.