Still Grieving, But I Want A Kitten... Too Soon?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! Clove (I think it’s official!) is already so much fun and SO sweet. She’s been purring for hours and wants to be on me or touching me all the time. She also loves playing with all her toys and prancing around and overall seems like a very healthy, happy-go-lucky girl!
View attachment 267372

She did growl and get scared when she heard/smelled Chilli outside the door. But a toy distracted her pretty quick. Chilli is doing fine so far—she caught sight of the baby last night when she first arrived, and has just been slightly cautious ever since. MUCH more at ease than when Chai was first here. I haven’t done official scent swapping yet, but when she sniffs my hands after I pet the kitten, she just rubs on them or ignores them. Even when the kitten is meowing, Chilli is happy to eat right outside the door and isn’t really paying much attention. She’s more interested in begging for kitten food. ;)

I’m going to message the vet today and send him the information about the vaccinations, etc that Clove has already had, and hopefully will get the okay to start introducing the two of them.
Clove really is the perfect name, because when you look at her you "C" Love.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! Clove (I think it’s official!) is already so much fun and SO sweet. She’s been purring for hours and wants to be on me or touching me all the time. She also loves playing with all her toys and prancing around and overall seems like a very healthy, happy-go-lucky girl!
View attachment 267372

She did growl and get scared when she heard/smelled Chilli outside the door. But a toy distracted her pretty quick. Chilli is doing fine so far—she caught sight of the baby last night when she first arrived, and has just been slightly cautious ever since. MUCH more at ease than when Chai was first here. I haven’t done official scent swapping yet, but when she sniffs my hands after I pet the kitten, she just rubs on them or ignores them. Even when the kitten is meowing, Chilli is happy to eat right outside the door and isn’t really paying much attention. She’s more interested in begging for kitten food. ;)

I’m going to message the vet today and send him the information about the vaccinations, etc that Clove has already had, and hopefully will get the okay to start introducing the two of them.
:loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: