Resolved Sporadic Problem With Links To Images

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
In the last couple of weeks, I've suddenly been treated to large blank gaps where URLs that contain images should appear. I've seen the problem in 2 cases.

1. When I copy and paste the URL of a page with an image (for example an amazon page) directly into my post. When it's posted, I don't get anything, not even the URL.

2. When others use the link tool to link to the URL of a page with an image. I've had no problems seeing anything I've linked to with the tool.

Here's an example: The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017 In post #1994, Margret Margret used the link tool and all I can see are big gaps in her post where the images should be. Other people in the thread mentioned having the same problem.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please note: when I used the link tool, it was not my intention to insert an image (I would have used the picture tool for that); I was just trying to insert a link. The link that was inserted (as viewed on my computer) is a graphic of the Amazon page I was linking to. It is, however, a genuine link as well. When margd margd copied and pasted the link in a PM, I saw the graphic of the Amazon page she was linking to, but when she used the linking tool I saw a standard link.

Yahoo has begun doing a similar thing with links in emails, except that the link also exists separately from the graphic image that's inserted, and I'm able to remove the graphic without removing the link before I send the email. I'm beginning to think that this is the next big thing on all sorts of sites, and that the technology has been released before being properly debugged.

Also, I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox; margd margd has a Mac and I don't know what browser she's using.

Margret

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have an ad blocker turned on? I've just tried a few browsers, including Firefox. I can see the images with ad blockers turned off, but not with them on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, yes, that's the problem all right! ssig_doh_100-100.gif I didn't even think of Ad Blocker. Thank you so much! It's turned off now! :agree: