So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I had filet of sole stuffed with lemon and wild rice, asparagus and a garden salad. For dessert I had a bowl of strawberries and cream..It was very good.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Tonight I had filet of sole stuffed with lemon and wild rice, asparagus and a garden salad. For dessert I had a bowl of strawberries and cream..It was very good.
I'll just BET it was!

Quesadillas for us tonight. Good way to use leftover chicken.
I may even make some guacamole to go with them.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying a new recipe tonight. Sliced chicken breasts sauteed together with with snow peas, broccoli, red peppers, carrots and peanuts. Then you make a sauce on it from orange marmalade, chili powder, garlic and 1/2 cup white wine.
I am serving it on a bed of Jasmine Rice. It smells wonderful that's for sure.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simple meal tonight- pesto with garlic bread. The pesto is from a tube!
"food in a tube" I can't quite take seriously, but hey it's yummy and quick.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was going to bake a chicken breast that has been in a garlic & herb marinade, but sis just called and said she was picking up pizza.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left over spaghetti. DD has ANOTHER concert tonight. DS has horse training, guess I have to miss that.
Decisions, decisions.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Trying a new recipe tonight. Sliced chicken breasts sauteed together with with snow peas, broccoli, red peppers, carrots and peanuts. Then you make a sauce on it from orange marmalade, chili powder, garlic and 1/2 cup white wine.
I am serving it on a bed of Jasmine Rice. It smells wonderful that's for sure.
THAT sounds seriously yummy!

For us it'll be something out of the freezer and into the microwave, as we have to be out of the house by 7 and I won't be home until about 6.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will just be a burger for me tonight since I'm working but I'm going to make a chilli in the morning for tomorrow night's tea. Mince, hot chilli beans, a punnet of cherry tomatoes, fat brown mushies and a packet of chilli mix! Bring it on.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just made some pasta with alfredo sauce, it was ok i didnt eat much of it, im kinda depressed right now so i dont feel like eating much.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I made chicken and asparagus pasta last night and we'll be haivng the rest tonight.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pork Tenderloin Medallions. This time with apricot and orange, I think, as we'll have a guest who [a] is lactose intolerant, therefore no cream sauces, and totally adores apricots. Since I'm brain dead from this week, accompaniments will be Jasmine Rice and whatever veg looks good. Pecan Pie doesn't take much effort and is just as nice naked as it is with whatever dairy accompaniment, so I think that's dessert.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast for dinner for me tonight. I had a mushroom and cheese omelet, some sliced ham and a couple of pieces of whole-wheat toast. Also some strawberries and 1/2 mango. I was very good, and nice for a change.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fish for me this evening. Baked Halibut, with a lemon/pepper crispy breading, seasoned roasted potato's and salad. Not sure about dessert most likely just some fresh fruit.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's chicken left from earlier this week, and I haven't quite decided what to do with it. But whatever that is, I have a treat to go with it. I was in the market today and saw lovely fiddleheads -- not cheap, but not as godawfulexpensive as they often are, so I snapped 'em up.
There's also LO Jasmine Rice, which will be fine warmed up.

Last night's Pecan Pie never happened because I had less corn syrup in the house than I thought.
The Blueberry Crisp that got substituted went over just fine and will provide for tonight as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.