So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i am stuck at school with class at 6pm so i am having panda express right now. yum!!!
mayb frozen yogurt after class?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wasn't ready to serve ham again last night, so I did spaghetti with anchovies -- wonderful, easy, fast, satisfying meal that Rob really loves.

So the ham gets cleaned up tonight. Ham patties, oven fries, salad. Bikkies of some kind for dessert -- Girl Guide cookies, Tim Tams, Almond Thins, Butter Crisp, whatever...or just some chocolate.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooh your the second person that's spoke of ham today Fran. My friend Pam was talking about roasting a ham joint

I'm having a lamb casserole this evening. It's been in the slow cooker since 8.a.m this morning so it should melt in my mouth my tea time

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to be cleaning and packing for the next few days, so it's going to be something quick and easy.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, nothing leaps to mind, but it's early. I think it will depend a lot on what kind of day I have, and this one I am not optimistic about
I may be wanting to take the night off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am having a salmon burger, and a garden salad with Italian Dressing. For dessert some crushed pineapple mixed with vanilla yogurt.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the day was not the best I've ever had
, but the scotch is most restorative, and there is a Yorkshire Pudding batter talking to itself on the counter, preparatory to the construction, in 25 minutes or so, of a Toad in the Hole. With it, sage and onion gravy and a veg -- probably green peas. We'll see about dessert, but I'm thinking probably ice cream and chocolate sauce. Comfort food all the way.
It helps that whenever I suggest the possibility of a Toad, Rob becomes a
little boy.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually had no dinner last night, but I just wasnt hungry. I ate 2 pieces of a Hershey's bar when I got home from pole class. (Had a big lunch though).

Tonight we're grilling seasoned pork chops with creamed corn

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooooh i don't know yet because i'm out for dinner with the girls tonight. It'll be a traditional English dish though

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

there is a Yorkshire Pudding batter talking to itself on the counter, preparatory to the construction, in 25 minutes or so, of a Toad in the Hole.
Perfect Fran!!

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Tonight we're grilling seasoned pork chops with creamed corn
Yum! I was never a pork fan until I tried a pork tenderloin recipe. It came out so flavorful & juicy even next day. I'm making it again tonight with sauteed spinach & mushroom.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Ooooooh i don't know yet because i'm out for dinner with the girls tonight. It'll be a traditional English dish though

Perfect Fran!!
Oh, and it was a good one, too! I just finished my share of the leftovers for lunch

As for tonight, I think we're due for something from the water. Maybe Shish 'n' Fips, maybe garlic prawns

Status
Not open for further replies.