Small Cell Gi Lymphoma, Or Ibd + Polycystic Kidney Disease?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks artiemom artiemom ! They gave her an appetite stimulant when she was at the vet a couple days ago, but none since then so I'm not sure if it would still be in her system. I'll let her keep eating what she wants anyway since she isn't getting sick :) thank you!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let her eat. There will be times, no matter what her final diagnoses, that she won't, so let her build up her weight now while she feels good. You might try several smaller (but not tiny) meals spread out over the day, as well.

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 thank you! That seems to be what she has been doing- every hour or two she starts bugging me for more, & eats a few tablespoons to around a quarter of a 6oz can in a sitting. She decided she also needed some at 1am last night so I gladly woke up & gave her some.

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:lol: yes it seems that way!! I totally forgot what kind of appetite she had since she was feeling bad for so long.

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to post a little update in case anyone is interested.. Yoshi is still doing great :yess: She ate a whopping 1.5 cans of wet food yesterday (6oz cans) & about 1/4 cup of dry food, along with treats here & there. She is super playful & cuddly & seems back to her old self. Clearly the medication is at least helping her feel better! Oh, & she also had a solid #2 for the first time in months!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
:woo: :woohoo: :clapcat: :clapcat: :happycat: :runningcat: :dancingblackcat:

That is AWESOME News!!

Of course, we want to hear updates about Yoshi, and you!!

You must be so relieved.. ((hugs)) :kneading:

Keep up the great work!! :lovecat3:

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
I can't thank you both enough for the support! I feel as though Yoshi has a team of guardians cheering her on :rock:
Nothing really new to report today, she is still a hungry, playful, cuddly cat. She's actually urinating in her litter box now which is great but I don't really understand why.. maybe the peeing on the rugs thing was just behavioral and not health related? It seems too coincidental that she would start peeing normally after the medication though.. hmm..

She actually dug up an old toy of hers that is filled with catnip and she is going CRAZY playing with it now. Rubbing her face all over it and swatting it all over the house :lol:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to chime in that my Kinks is going through the EXACT same thing minus the polycystic kidney issues. She was fine for 15 years and then one day refused to eat for a day and I knew something was wrong as we call her Garbage Cat because she was not only found in a dumpster, but she will knock the trash over so I have a locking trash can in the kitchen lol.

Anyway she is on Cerenia for vomitting, she still vomits occasionally but its more hairballs then the yellow bile it was before. She is also on Prednisolone every other day and a small dose of metronidazole once a day. Her diarrhea is gone but her stool is still occasionally soft. I am glad you all have mentioned the probiotics because I am interested in trying something more natural to control her issues.

So yeah, I have nothing to add but I can relate to your concerns and I hope your kitty is feeling better!

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing your experience jen jen ! How long has your kitty been having this issues? And same for the stool with Yoshi- I got really excited when I saw normal looking poops, but since then she had another soft one. It wasn't like diarrhea, just not completely formed. She still did have a solid one this morning though! It'll probably be a longer process to get back to normal (if her poops ever do).

Fuchsiaslove Fuchsiaslove , it is so great to see her happy again! She is normally so loving and playful so it really broke my heart to see her so miserable before. And thanks for coming to check out her story! This thread is where I primarily post Yoshi updates :)

Thanks Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ! I keep having to remind myself that she still is "sick" even though she is acting normally again. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I also don't want it to be a shock if she gets bad again. It's hard to not be optimistic with these results though!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Just enjoy every day and each moment you have Yoshi... etch it in your memory...
((HUGS))) so happy for you...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing your experience jen jen ! How long has your kitty been having this issues? And same for the stool with Yoshi- I got really excited when I saw normal looking poops, but since then she had another soft one. It wasn't like diarrhea, just not completely formed. She still did have a solid one this morning though! It'll probably be a longer process to get back to normal (if her poops ever do).
Only since last February or so. I only now feel like I have things under control. She still has that nasty yellow soft stool that has a smell unlike anything I have ever smelled, but its firm enough that it doesn't leave a mess on her rear end at least. I get so excited too when its more formed! lol

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So this morning was quite frustrating... She has been an angel with taking the Prednisolone pill this whole time- I put it in her food and she doesn't even notice it. Today, for the first time, she was NOT having it. I ended up swaddling her in a blanket and trying to force it down, as I do with the liquid antibiotic (which is officially done today- thank goodness), but it was still impossible. She ate about a quarter of a can of her wet food but kept spitting out the pill. I decided to give her a break. Then she went down to the basement, had a soft poop, and then she had a huge hairball :( I know that hairballs aren't toooo concerning, as long as they aren't frequent, and she is a very long haired cat, but it was just disappointing to see her have one again. They were quite frequent before she went on the medication so I guess I'm just worried that she's entering a "bad phase" where she'll start getting sick again.. She only had the one hairball though & seemed fine afterwards. She went back upstairs and ate her pill no problem and ate around another quarter of a can, so a total of half a can this morning (a lot!). Not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if I should worry... She has a re-visit appointment with the vet in 6 days.

I also need some help with something else. So right now she is getting half of a 5mg tablet of Prednisolone morning & night, so 2.5mg 2x a day. This morning, I mushed her half a pill into a little ball of food, like usual, but as I said above, she wouldn't eat it. I left the pill inside the food just sitting on the center of the kitchen counter, because she then went to the basement and I followed her down. When she came back up, I followed her, and the pill was gone! I'm 99.9999% sure she did not eat it since I was with her in the basement the whole time... So I gave her another half a pill. Now I'm worrying that she somehow DID eat it without me knowing and I gave her 5mg in just her morning dose. Should I worry about this? The other possibility is that my dogs ate it, which also worries me. I have one huge 100 pound Newfoundlander lab cross, but she is very well behaved & NEVER eats off of the counter. I do have a little troublesome 9 month old Puggle puppy though, and he is infamous for trying to get food off of the counter. He is quite small though and the counter is quite high so I'm not sure how he would have got to it. He weighs about 30 pounds- should I be worried that either of the dogs ate the 2.5mg pill? Or that Yoshi accidentally had double of what she is supposed to? Or the pill just magically disappeared...it's possible that it fell down the sink...

I was running late too so I didn't have time to stick around the house & investigate. I'm at university now & wont be home until tonight so of course I'm just sitting in class stressing out about it. My brother will be home in about 45 minutes though.