Show Off Your Photography

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cats - I've just read through this thread, and it makes me wonder where you people learned these skills. There are some utterly fabulous photos in this thread!

My skills behind the camera are just a step below those of a chipmunk with an Instamatic, so if Anne starts givin' out TCS T-Shirts for the week's best photo, just relax!

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread thus far - this was an hour's pure joy to look through and to marvel at. My just-after-the-rain contribution from yesterday morning - the lilacs in the south yard, perhaps a day or two past their peak now:

lilacsraindrops.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These were taken from a moving vehicle as we drove down the interstate in West Virginia. Not great quality, but I love the fall colors. I don't get to see colors like that where I live now.:(
View attachment 214020 View attachment 214021
@weebeasties - These two shots almost make me wish for Autumn!

SUCH good photos here everyone! :woohoo:
I was having trouble deciding where to start, so I am going to concentrate on some of the B&W photos I've taken. I tend to use my cell phone camera most of the time, as I commute daily and carrying a DSLR is not practical.
View attachment 214026 View attachment 214027 View attachment 214029 View attachment 214030 View attachment 214031 View attachment 214032 View attachment 214033 View attachment 214034 View attachment 214035
sivyaleah sivyaleah - these are some of the most evocative photos I've seen in a long, long time, and the fellow with the cat puts me in mind of Hemingway for some reason.

@mightyboosh - Every one a knockout, but the shot of Jupiter and Io (or is it Titan?) really is fabulous. I surely hope that we see more of these here, Phil.

Here's a few more from today. View attachment 230963
Draco Draco - I have no idea how you got those bees to line up like that; can you get them to roll over and shake hands too?

@foxxycat - I can't even pick one of yours, but I've always been impressed with your photos - from the garden to sunrises to Honeybee and Pumpkin Face.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's called Art Float. Local school children painted the inflatable balls and they were put in a local lake. They've been having events at it as a fundraiser for the local Art Museum.
I love that! It reminds me a bit of the Kusama Yayoi museum I went to recently.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met a group of children, just before sunset at the lake side in Malawi in 1994. They were very excited to meet us and they started pushing and pulling because each and every one of them wanted to be snapped.
Exept for one boy, who remained quiet and remarkably serene and just approached me and looked straight into the lens. I will never forget him.

Malawi1994 1.jpg

Malawi1994 2.jpg

Malawi1994.jpg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I met a group of children, just before sunset at the lake side in Malawi in 1994. They were very excited to meet us and they started pushing and pulling because each and every one of them wanted to be snapped.
Exept for one boy, who remained quiet and remarkably serene and just approached me and looked straight into the lens. I will never forget him.

View attachment 233556

View attachment 233557

View attachment 233558
That last shot is a wonderful portrait. The lighting is perfect and I love how the child to his right is partially shaded and the one to his left, slightly out of focus. It really gives great impact to your main subject and shows the emotional connection made. Well done!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This one was shot while commuting. I held onto it for a few days trying to figure out how I wanted to handle the image. I'm a firm believer post processing is (almost) always useful (especially cropping) and I let the photo "guide" me to figure out what I'm trying to say with it. I'm very happy with the tones in this one. I used Lightroom CC app for Android for this one after seeing a tutorial on how to bring out the texture and shapes of the cloud formations that sometimes get lost otherwise.

newark.jpg