Show Off Your Photography

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , the Macaques are taken in the wild. We have some reserves and these are some of the existing ones left, though they are still multiplying :confused: No TNR group here for them :lol:

BTW, I love that fern shot!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some photos of our famous local stork pair.

Last year a male stork got the luminous idea to make a nest on a cross monument on our local cemetary. Unfortunately his construction was not impressive enough to seduce a female stork.

He didn't give up and started building a new nest this year ... with succes... A nice female stork joined him and they started breeding.

On March 30th the nest looked like this...

IMG_8005 (2).JPG

and on May 5th ...

IMG_8996.JPG

Today I saw (at least) two adorable stork chicks in the nest. I was lucky to be there at feeding time. I stayed watching them for more than two hours.

IMG_0845 (3).JPG

IMG_0856 (2).JPG

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Norachan Norachan what an exquisite place to wander!

mama africa mama africa that is such a brilliant thing to be able to watch.

Speaking of ferns, I bought two Tasmanian Tree Ferns.. they were just frondless 'stumps' and I live in a semi-tropical area (Tasmania is definitely not...) so I was concerned they wouldn't be happy. Of course Summer will be the test, but they're looking pretty good so far:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful mani mani They look like they're in the shade, so they should be OK. A bucket of water dumped over them every morning will keep them happy, I guess.

(I first read your post as "Sundar will be the real test" What's he going to do to them? :paranoid:)

Lovely deer picture Jayflower Jayflower

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, those forest pics make me homesick for the Pacific Northwet where the Cascades were my stompin' grounds... though for living space I prefer an ocean or lake front/view. I love hiking and camping in a mountain forest, but I think I'd get a little stir crazy living in the thick of it.

Speaking of hikes, here are a few snaps from my camera phone from my last one...

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom , do the eggs turn color from the sulfur when they are steamed, or are they colored after? I assume they have a different taste than when they are boiled?

Lovely echinacea macros Jcatbird Jcatbird ! I have limited flowers in my yard... the cacti are done with their short bloom,

so that leaves the oleander, bougainvillea, and lantana... I think I have a shot of the bougainvillea somewhere...

Oh... and here is an alstroemeria from a birthday bouquet that I shot several years ago..

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom , do the eggs turn color from the sulfur when they are steamed, or are they colored after? I assume they have a different taste than when they are boiled?

Lovely echinacea macros Jcatbird Jcatbird ! I have limited flowers in my yard... the cacti are done with their short bloom,

so that leaves the oleander, bougainvillea, and lantana... I think I have a shot of the bougainvillea somewhere...

Oh... and here is an alstroemeria from a birthday bouquet that I shot several years ago..

Beautiful pictures and nice, bright colours, furmonster mom furmonster mom .

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
furmonster mom furmonster mom , the eggs were lowered into the hot spring and the shell came up black from the sulphuric elements. I can't really remember the taste but it was delicious.

You have some lovely cacti blooms there.